28

Just A Facade

 

Yilin winced as she wiped her lip with her handkerchief. She was inside a small pharmacy.

“Are you okay now?” The pharmacist behind the counter asked. She nodded gratefully.

“Thank you so much, sir. I’ll be going now.”

“You be careful, agasshi.”

Nayoung went out of the store, wincing in pain, they had pushed her and her knees were skinned and her lip was bleeding, she attempted to fight them, but Doojoon had a lot of people with him, so she decided to run.

 

Jaekyung walked towards the schools exit gates, then she paused as she saw a familiar figure trudging towards the gates.

“Nayoung!” She jogged towards her, Yilin looked up. Then Jaekyung paused.

“Are you okay?” She reached for her arm, Yilin didn’t reply, but instead she just walked towards the school, without turning back. Jaekyung bit her lip in worry, she saw the blood on knees and her lip was swollen. She took out her phone and scrolled her contacts. Then with a deep breath, she pressed the green icon and put the phone near her ear.

 

Everyone watched as Luhan picked up the call.

“Jaekyung?”

“I…saw Nayoung, she’s…she just arrived at school.”

“Where?” Luhan stood up.

“She…was bleeding, Luhan. She-”

“You, stay where you are, tell me where you saw Yilin.” Luhan said before putting his phone down.

“Mei just got here, and she looked like she was hurt.”

 

 

Yilin winced as she arrived in front of the building that housed the school’s indoor pool. Her knees gave out and she decided to sit on the steps and leaned on the wall. She wiped the side of her lip with her fingers, and groaned. The pain on her knees had not subsided.

“Nayoung?”

She looked up and saw Myungsoo staring at her.

“…Bad day?” He asked.

She almost smiled.

“You think?”

Myungsoo walked to her and knelt beside her.

“You…who did this to you?”

“Myungsoo, I’m fine-”

“Get away from her.” A quiet voiced filled with anger joined them, Nayoung looked up and saw her older brother glaring at her.

“Ge-”

Kris stepped towards her and knelt beside his sister.

“Mei, what happened?” Kris asked, Nayoung looked around an d he saw one by one, Exo walking towards them, then she noticed that Jaekyung was with them.

 Then Luhan stepped to them.

“Why are you here?” Luhan stared at Myungsoo icily. Yilin blinked, why was her cousin cold towards Myungsoo?

“Come on, mei.” Kris frowned and pulled her by the waist, then slowly he lifted her up.

“Ge, I can walk.”

“Shut up.”  Kris snapped.

 

Myungsoo was left with Luhan by the steps. DO and Baekhyun stared at Jaekyung warily.

“Thanks for telling us.” Suho said.

“I got worried when I saw the blood.” Jaekyung frowned.

“Are they going to snap each other’s heads off?” Chanyeol wondered as he glanced at the two, Xiumin sighed and dragged the younger male with him.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++