39

Just A Facade

 

Yilin was outside of the hospital, she was enjoying the view from the garden. Then she felt someone sit beside her.

Myungsoo.

“Na-”

“What were you thinking? You-”

“I know, but…Soohyun..he’s my half brother.”

“Wait…Soohyun..from Dongan?”

“I have so much to tell you, Na. But-”

“You knew they were waiting at the pool, Jaekyung unnie got hurt and you’re the reason why they broke up. Of course you have so much to tell me.” She looked away.

“I only acted that way because…I wanted to protect Jaekyung, but…I didn’t know it would result to that.”

“You hurt my cousin in the process.” She replied lowly.

“I know, that’s why-”

“Tell me, Myungsoo, why did you even befriend me?” She asked.

Myungsoo swallowed.

“At first it was because of my hyung, but then I realize that…..you..I cant do that to you. That’s why-”

“You stalled me at the library that day.”

“Exactly, but I didn’t know Jaekyung would-”

“Look, I don’t want to talk to you right now.” Yilin started to stand, but Myungsoo reached for her hand.

“Na, if there’s any way I can make it up to you-”

“Just…leave, Myungsoo.”

 

 

Tao saw Myungsoo leaving, he glanced Yilin as the younger girl walked to the railings and leaned on them. His brows furrowed, then he walked to her.

“Yilin?” He murmured as he reached her, Nayoung turned to him, then he saw her eyes soften. She was weakening and afraid.

“If something happens to him, I don’t know-” She shook her head as her eyes began to water, Tao just pulled her to his chest.

“Kris ge is going to be fine, he’ll be up and about soon.”

Nayoung remained quiet, she focused on the steady beat of Tao’s heart to calm her.

“Did…Myungsoo want something?” Tao asked lowly. Yilin just shook her head, but she wrapped her arms around Tao’s waist.

“…Thanks, ge.”

Tao smiled and kissed the crown of her head.

 

 

Jaekyung frowned, she saw Luhan step out from Kris’s room, he had remained unconscious all through at the night.

“How is he?” She asked.

“The doctor said that he’s passed the dangerous stage, but he has to wake up in two days.” He murmured. Jaekyung shook her head.

“I cant find Nayoung.”

Luhan nodded then slowly he leaned his forehead on Jaekyung’s shoulder.

It was clear to her, he was exhausted.

“It’s going to be fine, I know you were just being strong in front of her.”

“I…just cant believe that..they did this…to..us.”

Jaekyung bit her lip.

“Luhan-”

“Can I make you promise me something?” Luhan asked her as he faced her.

Jaekyung nodded, Luhan took her hands.

“Don’t keep things from me, if you need my help, tell me right away.”

Jaekyung smiled.

“I don’t want this to happen again.” Luhan pulled her and kissed her forehead chastely.

“And I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, you were so cold.” Jaekyung smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist. Luhan just smiled.

 

“I love you and I’m glad I have you back.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++