6

Just A Facade

 

It was a Friday, and every student at Daehan was excited. The final day of the week and adding the excitement from yesterday’s victory, it was a definite source joy for Daehan students.

Just then, Nayoung walked through the gates, clad in her uniform and her red MCM backpack.

Then she heard some people squealing, she spun around and found a crowd of girls….crowding over something. Nayoung blinked and narrowed her eyes to see clearly, then she chuckled, she could see seven familiar heads amongst the crowd of females and some males.

 

Jaekyung saw Nayoung walk in the cafeteria, looking a little lost. She smiled, then she noticed some of the male students were looking at the younger girl.

“Oh, it’s Nayoung.” Hyorin chirped beside her.

“She’s getting a few admirers.” Jaekyung smiled.

“She’s pretty, but there’s something familiar about her eyes, right?” Hyorin smiled.

Jaekyung nodded, then she waved at Nayoung.

“Join us, Nayoung!”

 

Nayoung sat down and thanked the two for inviting her.

“You’re a sophomore?” Jaekyung asked.

“Yes, sunbae.” She grinned back.

“How’s your first day so far?”

“It’s fine, but I’ve-” She paused when she heard squealing inside the room.

“It’s Exo again.” Hyorin mused, Nayoung shook her head and began to eat her lunch.

“Ya, Nayoung-ah,” Hyorin patted her arm.

“Among them, who do you like best?”

Nayoung blinked at her.

“Who…?”

“Exo!”

Jaekyung chuckled and took a sip from her juice.

“Uhmm..” Nayoung stuttered.

“Sehun? Kai?..Tao?...Chanyeol?”

Nayoung balked at the older girl.

“I don’t like anyone in particular.” She smiled.

“Really? Then Luhan, maybe?”

Nayoung choked on her sandwich.

“Ya! Let her eat.” Jaekyung shook her head at her friend.

“Just all? You don’t feel attracted to anyone?”

Nayoung shook her head.

“You’re weird.” Hyorin shook her head.

“Look who we have here.” A feminine voice clucked behind them.

“You’re Nayoung right?”

Nayoung glanced up and looked at the three girls who were looking at them.

“I’ve heard about you, you shouldn’t be like this.” Saemi shook her head disapprovingly.

“What are you saying?” Nayoung asked, Hyorin turned away and glanced at Jaekyung.

“I know you’re new, but you shouldn’t hang out with the school’s…resident .”

Nayoung’s eyes widened.

“What’s the problem now, Saemi?” Hyorin stood up, but Jaekyung pulled her arm.

“Hyo, please.”

Nayoung turned to the two, she sensed something was wrong.

“It’s your first day, and a lot of people would love to have you as their friend, so don’t hang around with Shin Jaekyung too much, you might get in trouble too.”

“Excuse me but, who are you to tell me who to be with?”

Jaekyung and Hyorin froze and looked at Nayoung in shock.

Saemi smirked as her two friends chuckled beside her.

“We’re just being good sunbaes to you, dear. Don’t forget I gave you a heads up, someone like you, it would be a waste if you get brainwashed by Jaekyung.”

“I never asked you to be a good sunbae to me.” Nayoung smiled.

Saemi narrowed his eyes at her.

“You had your chance, newbie.” She hissed and left.

 

 

DO glanced at the other table again.

“Saemi and her friends still do the same thing?” He asked.

“Nothing changed, hyung.” Sehun commented as he continued to eat, Luhan had his earphones plugged in and was sleeping.

“Isnt that Jaekyung?” DO asked, Chanyeol nodded.

“Who’s the other girl? Hyorin and…?”

They turned to the table, the ladies’ back were facing them, they were all looking at the girl whose hair was tied in a neat ponytail.

“Must be a new student.” Kai nodded. Lay put his book down.

Then DO frowned as he turned to Luhan.

“Luhan hyung was different when Jaekyung noona was still with him, he was happy.”

 

“But, unnie, why do they hate you so much?” Nayoung asked as they stepped out of the hall.

“They’re just jealous of Jaekyung, Nayoung.” Hyorin huffed. Nayoung smiled, then they stopped as soon as they heard a soft thud, Jaekyung’s uniform had a huge splotch at the back.

“It’s water!” Nayoung glanced back and saw a group of male students grinning back at her, they were holding onto water balloons.

“Hey new student! If I were you, don’t mess with someone who messed with Exo!”

“Shin Jaekyung isn’t supposed to be here too, do yourself a favor and step away while you can.”

Nayoung’s jaw clenched and her fists curled.

Then the cafeteria doors opened, she froze as she recognized the blonde head, then she turned away.

“What are you doing?” Lay’s calm voice echoed throughout the hall. Nayoung bit her lip and tried to walk slowly.

“Su—Sunbae, we were—just trying to teach Shin Jaekyung a lesson-”

“I don’t care, don’t make a mess in the halls.” Lay finished, then he left. Nayoung exhaled as she hurried back to her friends.

 

“Yixing saved us.” Hyorin grinned, they were alone inside the girls’ restroom.

Jaekyung shook her head at her friend and glanced at her wet uniform, Nayoung was leaning on the sink, her arms crossed. She was slightly confused and a bit bothered by all the bullying Jaekyung was receiving.

Heck, she didn’t even know why people in Daehan worshipped Exo.

“Unnie, are you okay?” She asked.

“I’m fine, Nayoung. But…you heard earlier, right? It’s okay, if you want to step away from me-”

“Please unnie, empty words are pointless to me. Besides you and Hyorin unnie are my first friends here.” She smiled.

Hyorin chuckled.

“Well for talking back to Saemi, I give you five stars!”

“But somehow, you still remind me of someone, Nayoung.” Hyorin nodded.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++