8

Just A Facade

 

 

The group was inside the school’s practice court, Suho, Lay and Luhan were in deep discussion about the school’s new rival, while Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai and Tao were shooting some hoops. Their training had finished earlier, but the guys decided to stay a little longer. Kyungsoo and Baekyun were watching them play while listening to music. Everything was going well, until two female students literally barged in the room.

They all looked up.

It took them a few seconds to realize who the girls were.

“Baby girl, you’re back?” Chanyeol grinned widely as he dropped the ball.

 

Nayoung winced and looked up.

“….I am?”

 “You’re back!” He boomed, Luhan blinked then he saw Jaekyung standing by them.

Then the doors opened again, the male students who were chasing them walked up to them stealthily.

Nayoung froze and stepped back, Tao looked up.

“Finally.”

“There’s not point in hiding now, new student.”

Jaekyung froze.

“This is what you get for being with the and for talking back to Saemi,-“

“Excuse me?” Tao stepped forward, then suddenly, he was joined by Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol, they were standing in front of the group of students, their backs facing Nayoung. Jaekyung blinked and looked at her friend.

“Sunbae—they were…they bothered Saemi and Nayoung, she-” The students stuttered.

DO leaned back on the bleachers and watched in amusement. Suho smiled as he saw Nayoung fidgeting.

The students swallowed as the four towered over them.

“Were you planning to hurt her?” Tao stepped forward.

“Off limits, now screw off.” Sehun hissed, then they scurried out of the room.

Jaekyung looked away.

“Th-Thanks, sunbaes.” Nayoung bowed politely, then she started to drag Jaekyung out of the room. Sehun stared at her in confusion.

“Ni-” Lay called out, but Nayoung shut the doors behind her.

 

Jaekyung exhaled in relied as they stepped out of the building.

“Do you….know them?”

“Huh?”

“Exo helped us, because of you.” Jaekyung said.

“Aniya, unnie.”

“Nayoung-”

“They were just helping…us needy students who were being chased around.” She nodded, then a taxi stopped right in front of them.

“If you say so, then let’s go together.”

Nayoung bit her lip, then she glanced at the building again.

“It’s fine, unnie. My..aunt will be picking me up, you go ahead.” Nayoung smiled and opened the door.

Jaekyung slipped in the car, and she let tears fall on her cheeks.

She never expected something like this would happen. She shook her head as he wiped her cheeks.

“I’m so sorry.” She whispered. She leaned on the seat.

Seeing Luhan was difficult for her, but earlier while the students were chasing them, she finally felt the stress. She was tired, tired of everything.

 

Nayoung stepped in the court again, then she was enveloped in a bone-crushing hug.

“You’re back!” Chanyeol chuckled as he spun her around. Luhan stood up from his seat and walked to his cousin.

“I know oppa.” She smiled as Chanyeol set him down.

“You didn’t tell us, mei.” Luhan said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I..uhmm…well…”

“Yilinie’s back!” Kai pinched her cheek.

“Well, you made quite an entrance yourself.” Sehun nodded.

“Getting chased by male students too, very classy.” Baekyun commented dryly.

Luhan crossed his arms and stared at her.

“….Surprise?” She  smiled wanly, Suho flicked her forehead.

“Ya, you should have at least told us…wait, why are you wearing the uniform?”

“Mei?” Lay looked at her.

“Kris ge enrolled me here, two weeks ago.” She bit her lip.

“Two weeks!” Tao exclaimed.

“Why didn’t you tell us you’re here?” DO frowned.

“I just wanted to…snoop around.”

“And get into trouble?” Kai grinned at her and wrapped one arm around her shoulder.

“Come on, since baby girl’s back, let’s eat out.”

“Hey she’s my baby girl!”

Tao smiled as he followed his friends towards the door.

“Hey, before she was your baby girl, she is my cousin you know.” Luhan made a face.

“Finally, we have Yilin now.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“What are you blabbering about, oppa?”

“We’re just glad you’re back, baby girl.” Chanyeol nodded at her, Yilin smiled.

“I know, I missed you too, but still that doesn’t explain why you guys are being worshipped in this school.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++