26

Just A Facade

 

 

Luhan stepped in the warehouse and found everyone inside.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“One of the people form Konkuk poured water on Jaekyung, then...I think Beast sent him.”

Chen snorted.

“Like they’d stand a chance.” Sehun rolled his eyes. Xiumin shook his head.

“This means we have to watch over mei more.” Xiumin looked up, Tao had his arms crossed. Everyone in the room grew quiet, until, the door to the bathroom on the second floor, revealing a freshly showered Yilin clad in a pair of sweats and loose boxy shirt. Chanyeol glanced at DO and Baekhyun.

“Wait, isn’t she supposed to be at practice?” Lay asked.

“Well, you’re right ge, but as soon as we got in, no one could concentrate on swimming.” Yilin rolled her eyes as she went down.

“Why is your hair wet?” Kris asked as his sister sat beside him, then he tugged on a lock of her hair.

“DO oppa dragged me right after I got out from the pool and brought me here.” Yilin grumbled.

“Why would you do that?” Suho asked.

“What if someone’s peeps on her in the changing room?” DO defended, Baekhyun nodded. Nayoung just sighed.

“Seriously, I feel so heavily…”

“Protected?” Kai looked up.

“Loved?” Chen smiled.

“No, heavily surrounded.”

 

Jaekyung made her way to class when she felt someone tug on her arm, then pulled her in the restroom.

“Hyo!” She gasped and hit her friend playfully.

“Ya! The rumor is all over the school!”

“…About?”

“Yesterday, some even speculate Luhan and you are back together!”

“No! It’s not like that!” She balked.

Hyorin almost sighed.

“Everyone says you cheated on him, cant you at least fix that?”

Jaekyung swallowed.

“It’s true. I…cheated on him.”

Hyorin shook her head.

“You know what? Let’s just get to class.”

 

 

Nayoung covered behind the cubicle’s door.

“It’s true. I…cheated on him.”

Then she remembered a year ago, her cousin had suddenly appeared at their front door in China. She thought he was just taking a short trip, but as soon as Luhan arrived, he never really went out of the house, but he only drank and drank. Kris didn’t say anything, instead he just asked his sister to watch over her gege.

“She’s the reason why Luhan ge is so broken….till now.”

 

Nayoung stepped out of the restroom and felt an arm wrap around her neck.

“Where you heading to?” Chanyeol chirped, Yilin just continued walking.

“Hey!” Chanyeol protested as he was being dragged, Tao followed the two.

“Baby girl, where-”

“Oppa, let go.” She said quietly, the two looked up in an instant.

She sounded like Kris. Pissed Kris.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked as he let go, Tao stepped forward. Yilin shrugged off her MCM backpack and tossed it to Chanyeol.

“I’m ditching.” She said before running towards the exit doors.

 

Jaekyung stepped in the classroom and found Luhan and Suho talking. Everyone in the room stopped as soon as they saw her by the door. Suho looked up and gave her a warm smile.

She nodded back and sat down beside Hyorin.

Luhan glanced at her, then he frowned.

“I know what you’re doing.” Suho said.

Luhan looked at him.

“You’re happy that Yilin’s friends with her, so that you can still protect her.”

“Su-”

“That’s not good, Luhan. Using Yilin for that? She might be okay with that, but what if something happens?....Just..talk with Jaekyung and settle this.”

Luhan remained quiet.

“And, we know Konkuk and Dongan are trying to do something, it’s best if you try to talk to Jaekyung. I know you want to keep her safe.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++