The Drama Begins

Roommate

It’s only 7 in the morning but both of us have awakened by alarm because today is Monday and sadly I have to work. I turn my body to the left, facing my lover who has just awake. He wriggles and rubs his eyes as I land a kiss on his forehead.

 

“Good morning.” That’s what I have always wanted to hear.

 

“Good morning, sleepy-head.”

 

He smiles, “What do you want for breakfast?”

 

“You.” I said jokingly.

 

He giggles cutely, “We don’t have enough time for that.”

 

We can have quickie. I laugh to my thought and kiss his forehead again, “I’ll take a shower first.”

 

We get up and I make my way to the bathroom, getting ready for work while Seunghyun—my Seunghyun—cooks breakfast for me. I shower quickly as long as it relaxes my tensed muscle well enough. After I shower I get my bag from my bedroom and walk to the dining room.

 

Seunghyun has finished cooking and is sitting calmly with his eyes half closed. I chuckle and I kiss his forehead, waking him up. He looks up to me and his cheeks flushed with red, he smiles so adorably.

 

Like usual I take a seat across him and he hands me the food.

 

“How are your songs going?” wow, we never really talk about my job.

 

“I still have to work on one last song, after that I’m done with this project.”

 

“That’s good; you will finally get to rest.”

 

I smile, “I love the way you caring me.”

 

“I know,” he giggles, “now finish your breakfast or you’ll be late.”

 

I pinch his cheek lovingly and I finish eating my breakfast not long after that. I kiss him goodbye and he sends me off with a hug.

 

“See you after work, sleepy-head.”

 

He giggles, “Have a nice day, don’t flirt around.”

 

I roll my eyes as I walk out the apartment, “I’ll only flirt with you.”

 

He giggles again, “Be careful on your way.” He waves me goodbye and I never feel this happy.

 

 

--

 

 

It’s only past lunch time but I have been missing Seunghyun like crazy; I have missed him since I stepped out of my apartment. I know it sounds silly and exaggerated, but it’s not. I truly miss his presence near me. I miss his giggles; I miss the way he brightens up my day. If he’s around ideas will flow very smoothly and I don’t have to be stuck like this.

 

I continuously clicking my pen as I’m looking for inspiration, but my mind is fully occupied with Seunghyun. I pull my hair and lean back on my chair, puffing out air from my mouth. If only Seunghyun is here, the song will be done in a flash. I can only stare at the ceiling above me blankly, hoping inspiration will pop out.

 

Still, my mind is refusing to cooperate. It only wants to think about Seunghyun, wondering what he’s doing right now, wondering if he’s longing for my—alright stop with that dirty thought of yours, Jiyong-ah. I laugh a little and smile brightly as I think about him; his presence truly brightens my life. Even just thinking about him has brightened me.

 

 

--

 

 

“How long are you going to work? It’s already late; you’ll get sick if you continue working like this.”

 

I turn my head and I see him pouting from the door. He crosses his arms and he looks at me with a worried face.

 

I smile, “I’ll go to bed in a while.”

 

He walks toward me and takes a seat beside me, “I’ll stay with you.”

 

He sits beside me in silent, not saying a word anymore, letting me continue on my work. He rests his chin on his right hand and his left hand on the table. I rub his ears—it’s my habit—and I can see his eyes closing slowly. He looks so cute when he’s dozing off like this. I kiss his cheek and I feel warm.

 

He rests his head on the table and not long after that he falls asleep; he snores lightly. I laugh a little and I lift him up, carrying him to the bedroom and tuck him slowly into the bed. He wriggles a little and I kiss him goodnight. Just when I want to get up from the bed he grabs my hand and he holds it.

 

“I can’t sleep alone.”

 

I kiss his hand lovingly and hold it back, “I’ll turn off my laptop and I’ll join you.”

 

He smiles, “Promise?”

 

He makes me chuckle, “I promise sleepy-head.”

 

He let go of my hand and smiles even wider, “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

 

--

 

 

I realize I was almost fall asleep when my boss’ secretary, Ms. Park, calls my name pretty loudly.

 

She nudges my shoulder again, “Mr. Kwon, wake up.”

 

I open my eyes quickly and straighten up myself, “Ah, yes Ms. Park.”

 

She shakes her head, “Mr. Choi wants you in his room now. He’s holding an emergency meeting.”

 

“An emergency meeting?”

 

She nods, “I advise you to go to his room now, Mr. Kwon.”

 

I quickly bring my papers and rush off to Mr. Choi’s room, and turn around for a while, thanking Ms. Park.

 

“Thank you, Ms. Park!”

 

She giggles and waves her hand. I continue running and tidy up myself before I enter my boss’ room. I knock on the door lightly and I can hear him telling me to come in. Everyone else is already inside and I enter his room with heart thumping loudly. Mr. Choi hates people who are late.

 

“Ah, finally our music prodigy is here.”

 

, what sarcasm. “I’m sorry I’m late, sir.” I bow to him and to others.

 

He nods, “I’ll let it slide this once,” he turns his head to the side, “Mr. Yang, this is Kwon Jiyong, our youngest producer.”

 

The one named Mr. Yang smiles coldly and I bow to him, “Nice to meet you, sir.”

 

Mr. Choi clears his throat loudly, “Please have a seat, Mr. Kwon.”

 

I nod and I sit next to my senior, the spot where I can hide my face from my boss.

 

“Alright, we’ll officially start the meeting,” he clears his throat again, “the reason I gather all of you here today is because our company merges with Mr. Yang’s company.”

 

Everyone claps and I’m just following along. Mr. Yang smiles coldly and I avoid his gaze, scared with his strong presence.

 

“Thank you,” Mr. Choi continues his speech, “and by merging it means we have more artists to take care of,” he stops and suddenly all eyes are on me, “Mr. Kwon,” , “Mr. Yang wants you to produce on his artist’s first album. He personally wants you after he heard your music.”

 

I gasp in shock, “Really?” oh no my brain is breaking apart, “Uh, I mean, it’s an honor for me.”

 

I can see Mr. Choi and Mr. Yang smile because of my innocence and they nod. Mr. Choi clears his throat loudly again and continues.

 

“That’s also the reason why we’re holding a meeting today. We’ll discuss our artists’ comeback, which is in two weeks’ time, and we’ll brainstorm our ideas for our new artist’s very first album.”

 

The meeting continues and I can’t stop beaming. The famous Mr. Yang personally wants me to produce his artist’s music? Life is definitely good, it’s fantastic!

 

 

--

 

 

The meeting has ended and I’m about to walk out the room when Mr. Choi calls my name.

 

“Mr. Kwon, we want to have a word with you for a while.”

 

My heart thumps as I nod and walk back inside his room. I sit in front of the two superiors and I’m afraid they’ll hear my heart’s thumping as it thumps very loudly and very fast.

 

“Relax, Mr. Kwon, we won’t bite.” They laugh coldly and I can only twitch my face. That wasn’t funny at all, it was scary, like when you’re about to be robbed and the robber throws a joke.

 

Mr. Choi clears his throat and he smiles coldly, “Mr. Yang puts a big interest on you and he’d like to hear more of your ideas.”

 

But right now my mind is as blank as paper, “Uh, well, uh, my ideas,” I stutter and Mr. Yang stops me.

 

“Don’t be too nervous, Mr. Kwon, I really won’t bite you.” They laugh coldly again and my face twitches even more.

 

You can do it, Jiyong-ah! “Uh, since your new artist is still very young, I’m thinking about making some easy-listening music and more in a pop area, unless maybe you want him to be singing other genre, sir.”

 

“Continue on.” .

 

Just then Ms. Park, my heroine at the moment, knocks on the door and rushes in. She bows to both Mr. Choi and Mr. Yang and makes a serious face.

 

“What is it, Ms. Park?”

 

“We have found him, sir.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To those who asked, "Who is HE?"...

keep guessing and I won't answer muahahaha XD

it will reveal on the next chapter anyway ^^

and oh, by the way, check out my one shot "Only You"! but I warn you it's an angst story so if you have fragile heart...don't read it 3

well then, let me know what you guys think about this chapter! ^^