Move In-3

Roommate

Something is going to happen at the end of the chapter...

THE BEGINNING OF GRi!!! YAY!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I turn off my buzzing alarm as I yawn. Today is my first day at work and surely I don’t want to be late for it. I rub my eyes as I get up from my bed lazily and walk out from my bedroom. There’s no sign of life outside—which means my roommate is still deep in his slumber—so I walk to the kitchen quietly.

 

I make myself a cup of tea and a plate of egg toast, my ideal kind of morning breakfast. And since I don’t know what my roommate want for his breakfast, I make him the same like mine. I arrange his breakfast neatly and I cover it with a hood to keep flies away.

 

I eat my breakfast quietly and after I finish eating I wash the dishes and head back to my bedroom. I grab my towel and my work attire, somehow feeling proud (again) that I live on my own without my parents. Today is the only beginning of my adult life and I’m looking forward for other events in it.

 

I walk out from my bedroom again and still there’s no sign of life outside. My roommate is definitely still in his deep slumber. Speaking about it, the picture of him sleeping peacefully and…stop it; he won’t be topless all the time. This makes me giggle as I enter the bathroom, because I feel stupid and ridiculous.

 

I hang my towel and my work attire on the hanger next to the door. And before I undress myself, I quickly lock the door—just being careful—and shower after that. The hot water always helps to relax, because I start to feel nervous about my work. This will be my first day, and I wonder if my future co-workers will accept me as their junior nicely or not.

 

Speaking of my job, I’ll be working at a music agency as a producer. I aced the study as a laude and I got offered a job at the company right after I graduated. Music has always been my life; it has always been my passion. My parents objected it before but since I showed them my persistency, they let me pursued my dream in the end.

 

I turn off the water and start to dry myself. I try not to be nervous because it won’t be any help. I must be confident; my parents have always taught me that. I smile as I start to put on my work attire. I feel proud (again) of myself.

 

I walk out the bathroom and quickly bring my bag out of my bedroom. The apartment is still quiet, so I assume my roommate’s still sleeping. As I’m about to open the door, I smile and I turn around, facing his bedroom’s door.

 

“Wish me luck, roommate.”

 

I turn around again and step outside, but something stops me. He answered.

 

“Wishing you luck and thanks for the breakfast. I love egg toast.”

 

I turn around and I blush from embarrassment, “Your welcome.”

 

He smiles charmingly at me, “You’ll be late if you’re not leaving anytime soon.”

 

My face heats up from embarrassment so I turn around and step outside the apartment, “Yeah, good bye.”

 

Without giving time to hear his answer I shut the door and run to the parking lot. I reach my car in no time and I start the engine in hurry. I exhale as I’m already inside the car before finally leaving for work.

 

“Don’t be stupid, Kwon Jiyong…”

 

 

--

 

 

“Sir, Mr. Kwon has arrived.” The woman in front of me speaks to her—my—boss as I stand quietly behind her. He turns his chair around and he smiles.

 

“Ms. Park, you may leave now, and Mr. Kwon, please have a seat.”

 

The woman, who I believe is his secretary, leaves the room right after. I bow awkwardly to my boss and sit on the chair in front of him.

 

“Good day, Mr. Kwon,” his voice is a killer, “I am the CEO in this company, I am Choi Seunghyun.”

 

I bow slightly, “Nice to know you, sir.” What?!

 

He laughs, “Don’t be nervous, it holds creativity down.”

 

I smile awkwardly as I don’t dare to laugh, and he continues talking to me.

 

“I heard from my employer you aced your study as a laude, and it’s very impressive.”

 

I nod, smiling a little because he praised me.

 

“But that won’t be enough, Mr. Kwon. You have to work hard to keep your position as a producer here. You’re working with music, and music is nothing without feel, without its soul. I advise you from now, if you don’t have the soul, don’t make music.”

 

I nod continuously, agreeing every word he said.

 

“What pushed you to become a music producer?”

 

I cough a little, “Uh, I have always loved music, and I’m passionate about it.”

 

He nods, “We’ll see, then. Good luck on your first day.”

 

He sends me off and now I’m in the studio, meeting my seniors and my co-workers. They all look nice and they greet me warmly; they all look welcoming.

 

“I’m Kwon Jiyong, I’ll work as a producer here, please take care of me.” I bow to them and they greet me back.

 

One of them step forward and he shakes hand with me, “I’m Dong Youngbae, I’m a choreographer here. Nice to meet you, newbie.”

 

I bow slightly at him, “Nice to meet you too.”

 

“Don’t be too formal, I’m the same age as you.”

 

I smile to him, “That’s nice.”

 

He smiles back, “Yeah, let’s get working.”

 

 

--

 

 

There was nothing much going on my first day. It was pretty much introducing myself to everyone and gets to know more about the company. They were all very nice and welcoming to me. The artists were also very humble, nothing close to what people said. I feel lucky to be working on the company.

 

I walk to the parking lot and turn on my car’s engine. Just then my phone rings and I pick it up right away.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kwon.”

 

“Ah, good evening, Mr. Kang.”

 

“It’s about the apartment, sir. We have good news and bad news for you, which one do you want to hear first?”

 

“Whichever you want to, sir.”

 

“Alright, I’ll start with the good one. The good news is I have found a new apartment for you.”

 

“That’s great.” Not really.

 

“The bad news is you’ll have to wait for another four to five months to move in your new apartment.”

 

“That’s too bad.” That’s really great.

 

“We’re very sorry, sir. Your new apartment will be in the same building, but there’s still-”

 

I’m not really paying attention to what he has to say because I already got the point. I’ll be moving out in four or five months. That’s not a really bad thing because I love to share my apartment with my roommate. I’ll get to know him better before we separate. Perhaps by that time we’ll already be friends.

 

“Mr. Kwon, are you still there?”

 

“Ah, yes, sir. I got it.”

 

“Alright, good evening, Mr. Kwon.”

 

I hung up the call and finally head home. The road is clear and I’m home in no time. I enter the building happily, somehow excited to see my roommate. I hope he’s top- STOP IT, BRAIN. I shake my head abruptly and enter the elevator.

 

I arrive on the floor and walk to my apartment’s door. I pick my key and unlock the door. I gasp in shock as I see the apartment is pitching black; not a lamp is . I start to worry as I switch on the lamp close to his bedroom’s door. I knock on his door lightly.

 

“Excuse me, are you inside?”

 

No answer. I knock again, this time louder.

 

“Seunghyun-ssi?”

 

I turn around as I hear the door open. He shows up from the main door and he’s smiling sadly at me.

 

“I just got back from the minimarket downstairs.”

 

I look up to him in daze, wondering why he looks sad even though he’s smiling.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

He nods, “Yeah, I’m alright.”

 

“Why do you look so sad?” the hell, Jiyong-ah?

 

He’s shaking but still he smiles, “I’m fine.”

 

I open my mouth but he stops me, “Here are the groceries. It’s your turn to cook tonight.”

 

I nod and accept the groceries from him. He smiles and he enters his bedroom in silent. I quickly put down my bags in my bedroom and start cooking dinner. I cook whatever I can and arrange the table neatly for him. As I finish I knock on his door lightly, calling him out for dinner.

 

“Excuse me, Seunghyun-ssi, dinner is ready.”

 

He opens the door right after and he smiles—still looks so sad—at me, “I’ll eat dinner with you, hyung. You can take a shower.”

 

I nod again and when I walk to my bedroom he asks me.

 

“How was your first day at work?”

 

“It was better than I expected.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

I enter my bedroom and I grab my towel quickly, not wanting him to wait too long. I shower even quicker and after I finish showering I get dressed. I call him again after that.

 

“Seunghyun-ssi, it’s dinner-”

 

He opens the door, “Just drop the formalities, hyung.”

 

I smile awkwardly and walk behind him to the dining room. I don’t dare to ask him anything as he looks very upset. We eat the dinner in silent and as we finish eating, I voluntarily wash the dishes (again). He heads straight to his bedroom after that and leaving me without a word.

 

After I finish washing the dishes I enter my bedroom and getting ready to sleep. And as I fall asleep, I secretly hope he’s alright.

 

 

--

 

 

I open my eyes as I hear my door knocked louder. I groan and turn my body around, looking at the watch. It’s only 12 a.m.! I get up immediately, feeling angry, and slam the door open. But the view in front of me stops me from being angry. My roommate is crying.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung, but can I sleep with you tonight?”

 

“Of-of course. Come inside.”

 

He walks inside and I let him lie down on my bed. He sobs, “I’m sorry to-”

 

“It’s alright,” I smile, “just go to sleep.”

 

I lie down next to him and close my eyes. He’s still sobbing next to me but I don’t dare to move.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Y-yes?” I stutter.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s alright, Seunghyun-ah,” I feel awkward, “just go to sleep.”

 

“Good night, hyung.”

 

“Good night.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

what happened to Seungri? :(

find it out at the next chapter...keep updated! ^^