Move In-5

Roommate

Today is Saturday so it means I don’t have to go to work. I turn my face to my left, and I see my roommate is still sleeping peacefully in my arms and I let him. His eyes are swollen—worse than yesterday—but again, he looks calmer. I remember how he looked last night; he looked miserable.

 

I sigh as I unconsciously his cheek, “Poor thing.”

 

He holds my hand and I can see him smiling. He doesn’t say a word and continue sleeping with my hand being held. I can only blush and close my eyes, I don’t want to continue the hopeless dream of mine. It was obvious that my roommate is in love with someone else and I’m just a friend that he needs sometime.

 

I thought you love me.

 

The sentence strikes and repeats in my mind abruptly, making me dizzy. I start to wonder what happened to him, what he is doing, and so on. I want to ask him but still I’m scared. I don’t want to be involved with anything that might hurt me one day. Somehow I’m sure he will leave me because I’m only a friend; a roommate. I’m nothing more than that.

 

I thought you love me.

 

Who hurt you? What made you miserable? Wait, what are you doing here again?

 

 

--

 

 

“Ya, Jiyong-ah,” my heart thumped as he called my name, “I see that you’re close with Hye Rim, so, uh, I want you to help me.” As expected.

 

“What kind of help?”

 

“Uh, you know, I want to go out with her.”

 

“Oh, okay, I’ll talk to her.”

 

“Thank you so much, Jiyong-ah, you’re a good friend!”

 

I mumbled as he walked away, “Your welcome, good friend.”

 

I watched as he walked away farther before finally disappeared from my sight. He was Lee Jung Shin, an ordinary guy that I knew since kindergarten and an ordinary guy that I liked. He helped me a lot since kindergarten, every time I got in troubles—by that I mean bullied by everyone else—he’d stayed and comforted me.

 

He’d fought those bullies and he didn’t even care when everyone else start to bullied him as well. He’d say that I’m his good friend so he had to help. He never cared whatever those bullies said because he was simply strong. I have always adored him, I have always loved him, but I knew I’m nothing more than his good friend.

 

I could only watch him smiling gratefully to me as he finally could talk to Hye Rim alone. I sent him off with a sad smile, cursing myself for being different. If I wasn’t different I wouldn’t have to be miserable.

 

 

--

 

 

“Hyung?”

 

I open my eyes as he rubs the back of my hand again. He smiles dashingly in front of my face so I can’t help but to blush.

 

“Are you okay? You were mumbling someone’s name.”

 

Did I? “What?”

 

“You were mumbling in your sleep.”

 

“Oh,” I lower my head to avoid him seeing my blushing cheeks, “that’s embarrassing.”

 

He laughs a little, “That’s actually cute, hyung.”

 

Stop making my heart flutters. “Uh, really?” I laugh awkwardly.

 

He nods and I can see him blushing, “Yeah.”

 

“Uh, breakfast,” I stutter.

 

He smiles, “I have cooked breakfast.”

 

“Good, let’s eat, then.”

 

I get up from the bed and follow him to the dining room. As usual I sit across him and he hands me a bowl of rice and a bowl of fried foods after that. I look to him as he starts eating, I want to ask him but I hesitate. But I want to know.

 

I open my mouth and I shove a spoonful of rice into my mouth. Don’t be silly. I chew my food lazily and he looks up to me.

 

“I’m sorry if the food is not good.”

 

“Uh? No, it’s good!”

 

“You’re being too kind, hyung.”

 

“No, really, I was just wondering what happened to you.” Forgive my blabber mouth.

 

“Oh, about last night,” he smiles sadly, “you must have heard the phone call too.”

 

I shove in another spoonful of rice to my mouth and I swallow it without chewing it first.

 

“It was,” he sighs, “someone, that I really cared about, but, uh, you see,” he lowers his head and I can see his eyes tearing up.

 

“Look, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“No, I want to tell you, I have always wanted to tell you.”

 

“Really?” wait, that’s supposed to be said only in your mind, idiot.

 

“Yes, because,” he sighs, “I like you.”

 

I choke and I cough abruptly, causing him to panic. He gets me a glass of water and helps me drink, patting my back gently as well. After I stop choking he sits back across me and he covers his face with his hands.

 

“I scared you.”

 

“No, you didn’t!” you made me overjoy, that’s all.

 

He uncovers his face slowly, he looks so cute right now, and he looks at me, “I didn’t?”

 

I shake my head and smile as widely as I can. He puts down his hand onto the table and he looks up to me again.

 

“Well, uh, where were we? Oh yeah, I like you, um, I like you as my hyung-” I knew it.

 

I’m not really listening because I feel stupid and embarrassed for hoping too much until I choked and all. But something that he said stops me.

 

“I like you more than a hyung, more than a roommate.” He lowers his head, “I don’t care if you’ll run away after this, but I feel glad that I have told you I’m different.”

 

I open my mouth and I shove in a spoonful of rice to my mouth like an idiot. This can’t be real, right? This must be a dream.

 

“Are you going to fall in love with me?” what the , brain?!

 

He sighs, “I guess I already have.”

 

Yep, this is undoubtedly a dream. I continue eating with a blank mind and I can see him looking at me with a worried face. What a vivid dream, this feels real.

 

“Hyung, you’re okay?”

 

“It feels real.”

 

“What? I don’t understand.”

 

“I’ll wake up in any moment and you’ll disappear.”

 

“Hyung, you think you’re only dreaming?”

 

“I’m not?”

 

He laughs and he holds my hand, “You’re not dreaming, hyung.”

 

Wow his hand feels so real. He pinches my hand and I can feel pain. This is really real?! I look up to him—this time finally awake—and I smile to him.

 

“But last night, you cried-”

 

“I did, because he tricked me. But I have long fallen out of love with him, and now, uh,” he blushes.

 

“He tricked you?”

 

“Yes but it doesn’t matter.” he smiles, “So, hyung, I wonder what you really feel about me, I mean, I know we barely know each other but-”

 

“I have been head over heels for you ever since you entered this building that day.” plus you have showed me your bare body twice.

 

He smiles widely and we continue eating our breakfast. Honestly I don’t know what will happen to me if I let him enter my world, but it’s worth a try. I deserve to be happy at least for once, and for some reasons, somehow, I’m not that scared anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry if it's a boring chapter ^^"

this is the end of the 'Move In' chapters and...

what will happen to them?? we'll see in the next chapters <3

keep updated!! ^^