Move In-4

Roommate

I hope you guys don't mind to wait a little more for the reasons and all because it will develop slowly to make the story interesting ^^

 

Enjoy this chapter! <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I open my eyes only to find myself holding my roommate. His eyes are swollen but he sleeps peacefully in my arms. I smile to the view and I pull my arms away from him. But to my surprise, he stops my hand and he holds it tightly.

 

“Please don’t let go.”

 

I blush, “B-but I have to-”

 

“Just five more minutes, hyung.”

 

I nod and I hold him again, “Alright, five more minutes.” I can hold you forever if you want to.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

I stay holding him in silent as I face his beautiful face. He still looks sad but somehow not as sad as he was. He looks calmer and it makes me happy; I’m happy that I helped. He opens his eyes slowly not long after that and he smiles a little at me.

 

“It’s already been five minutes, get up or you’ll be late because of me.”

 

I nod, and I slowly pull my hands away from him. I look down to his face at the same time he looks up to me. We smile to each other and I finally get up to take a shower. As I grab my towel and my clothes, I turn around and I face him again.

 

“What happened?”

 

“You’ll be late, hyung.”

 

“I don’t mind being late a little,” I blush, “I just want to know what happened to you.”

 

“I just wanted to sleep with you.”

 

I gasp and blush uncontrollably, not a word comes out from my mouth. He smiles charmingly to me and to prevent anything stupid happen, I walk out from my bedroom and head straight to the bathroom. I lock the door quickly and I shower right after.

 

His words keep on repeating in my head like a curse. No matter how much I try to convince myself that he was only lying, it still stuck in my head. It has been super-glued, impossible to let it go. I slap my cheek a few times to bring back myself to reality.

 

Don’t be silly, Jiyong-ah, he’s nothing like you.

 

I continue showering and continue motivating myself not to fall even deeper for my roommate. I mean, it’s simply impossible. In reality there’s nothing like your crush likes you back and such. Furthermore, I’m different. I have always been and always will.

 

I turn off the water and dry myself. And even though I try really hard not to think about my roommate, still I’m thinking about him and smiling like a fool. Still I’m thinking about the way he smiles, the way he talks, the way he sleeps…

 

Wake up, Jiyong-ah!

 

I put on my clothes quickly and I walk out the bathroom. I can smell food from the kitchen, so I guess my roommate is already up and make breakfast. I enter my bedroom to bring out my bags but I find my roommate is inside, sitting on the edge of my bed. He looks up to me and he smiles.

 

“I have cooked you breakfast.”

 

“Uh, thank you.”

 

He shakes his head, “I want to thank you.”

 

“Uh, what are you being thankful for?”

 

He smiles, “Let’s just eat breakfast. You’ll be late.”

 

I want to stop him but he immediately walks out from my bedroom to the dining room. I can only sigh, confused with my roommate. After us both sit down he hands me a bowl of rice and a bowl of soup. He smiles as he sits down across me.

 

He coughs a little, “I hope I’m not scaring you away.”

 

I look up to him, puzzled, “Excuse me?”

 

“I hope I’m not scaring you away,” he smiles, “by asking you to sleep together and all.”

 

I shake my head abruptly, “No, it didn’t scare me away, it was…fine.”

 

He smiles sadly at me, “That’s good, and, uh, enjoy your meal.”

 

I nod and start eating my breakfast quickly as I’m running late for work. As I finish my breakfast I quickly run out from the apartment; running away from my roommate because the truth is I’m scared. I’m scared I’ll be hurt if I put my hopes high.

 

I reach my car in no time and I quickly drive off the building to my office. Fortunately I make it on time as the road was clear without any traffic. I feel excited today because I have a meeting with the artists as they’re making a comeback anytime soon.

 

 

--

 

 

The meeting has been going tedious and I have been playing with my pen for these two hours. The artists keep talking about their image, how they should look, and so on. The artists are obviously not interested in music that much. How fake.

 

“I think we should make a comeback looking like-”

 

“I’m not quite agree with the idea because I think-”

 

“I guess we need a new stylist because-”

 

That’s all they’re talking about, nothing close to the music concept. I guess they’re only interested with their image. Well, that’s a good thing too, to have a nice image. But why can’t they make visual and music go together?

 

“Mr. Kwon?”

 

I jump a little as Mr. Choi, my boss, calls my name.

 

“Y-yes, sir?” this is bad.

 

“You have been quiet and playing with your pen these past two hours,” there goes my future, “do you have something else in mind?”

 

Everyone, including the artists, stop and stare at me. I can feel my face turn pale and my hands start twitching by its own. I open my mouth slowly and face my boss.

 

“I-I do, sir.”

 

He smiles coldly, “We would like to hear the idea, Mr. Kwon.”

 

. “Uh, I was thinking, since they want to have fresh image on their comeback, why don’t we make a new music concept as well? Like genre they have never tried, maybe. Even though it’s risky it’s worth a try since their comeback has been much anticipated.”

 

No one giving respond so I continue, “The new music concept will help to find a new suitable image as well.”

 

Mr. Choi smiles and he nods, “That’s a good thinking, Mr. Kwon.”

 

I beam because he praises me and furthermore the artists look happy with the idea. They are happy because they’ll no longer have to be confused with their so call new image. I exhale in relief as I have just passed my ‘test’.

 

The meeting ends not long after that and I continue meeting with other producers. We have to brainstorm for the artists’ new music concept right away. I blurt out all my ideas and my senior co-workers are really nice to me as they encourage me to use my idea. This is only my second day and I feel really welcomed and happy.

 

 

--

 

 

It’s already 8 p.m. and I’m heading home just now. After meeting with the producers I still have to make a demo and all. Today has been tiring but somehow fun because they finally recognize me; my talent. Furthermore, the road is clear and I reach home in no time.

 

My heart’s thumping loudly as I get closer to my apartment; to where I share my home with a handsome roommate. The scenes from last night and from the morning start to play in my mind as I enter the elevator to go up. Is he ‘different’ like me? Does he like me the way I do or he was just need some company?

 

I stand in silent in front of my apartment’s door, somehow feeling unsure. I’m still scared even though I want to see him. I’m not scared of his actions, I’m scared that I’m only dreaming and he wasn’t really doing all those in purpose. I’m still scared because I’m different, and no one really likes different people.

 

I exhale, trying to give myself some strength and I open the door. As I enter the apartment, I can smell food from the kitchen—it’s either he is cooking or he has cooked dinner for me—and I can hear him shouting loudly from his room.

 

“YOU TRICKED ME! BASTARD! I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME-”

 

My body stiffens as I hear his last sentence. I thought you love me. He definitely has no interest in me. I was making a fool out of myself for hoping too much.

 

Just then his door slams open and I can see him crying again. He looks broken, angry, and miserable. I want to run and hug him, I want to comfort him. But I can’t move; I stand still as I see him wiping his tears away.

 

“You’re home late.”

 

“I had three meetings today.”

 

“I have cooked you dinner,” he starts to sob, “I’m sorry I was shouting earlier.”

 

“Um? I didn’t hear-”

 

“I knew you heard it, and I’m sorry.”

 

“What happened?”

 

He shakes his head and starts to sob even louder, “Hyung?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I sleep with you again tonight?”

 

I nod, “Of course you can.”

 

 

--

 

 

I hold his trembling body tightly yet gently and I let him cry to sleep. I stare at the wall behind him blankly, wondering what’s happening to him and what will happen to me. Will I get hurt? I’m scared to death, but still I hold him tight, letting him enter my world further.