The Journal - Part 1

Let's Be Alone Together

A/N: I'm having a dilemma, I opted out of rating this chapter "mature" because even though y is mentioned it's not like I go into explicit detail about it. What are you thoughts on the rating. Any advice is appreciated!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The bell went off and all of the students started talking, packing, and getting up to leave class. It was a long first day of school. It was even more boring than school usual is because all the teacher talked about all day were the procedures incase of emergencies and the class rules. 

"Everyone sit down! The bell does not dismiss you! I do!" Mr. Yang scolded. Aish, why does every teacher say that? If that's really how it works, why do we have a damn bell anyway? Ugh, I don't have time for this. I have to get to work. Since he didn't play any after school sports or was in any after school activities, Seunghyun's parents made him get a job. He hated it. Almost as much as he hated school. Almost. He was knocked out of his thoughts by Mr. Yang. "Alright class, thank you for settling down. I hope we have a wonderful year. You're dismissed." There were shouts of joy as kids zoomed out of class Seunghyun had a habit of waiting until everyone had left class to leave. It was the best way to run into as few people as possible. As he was looking around to make sure that no one was left he noticed that same blonde kid who knocked him down. He was still seated in his desk and was doodling in his journal. Not sure what got into him, Seunghyun walked over to the boy and coughed in the back of his throat to get his attention.

"Hi. I'm Choi Seunghyun. You knocked me over this morning. I just wanted to let you know that it's okay." Then he flashed a smile and two thumbs up in his attempt to look friendly; it was a failed attempt. 

The blonde haired boy looked like he had been awoken from sleep. He looked at the clock and suddenly jumped out of his chair, grabbed his school bag and took off, but he was immediately slammed back. His school bag had caught on his desk and violently jerked the boy back. In another situation the Seunghyun would have thought it was pretty funny watching the shorter boy flail around like one of those air tube men in front of car dealerships as he tried to undo his bag. Finally, Seunghyun just lifted the desk off the ground, freeing the boys school bag. He was about to say something else when the boy dashed out of the classroom. 

Now he's scared of me. Great. Maybe if I wasn't so big and awkward he'd actually have talked to me. Seunghyun looked down and noticed that the boy left his journal. On the front was a name scribbled in fairly immaculate hand writing with some funny doodles surrounding it. Kang Daesung. What a nice name. These pictures he drew are pretty cute too. I'll give him his journal back tomorrow. Seunghyun thought as he put the journal in his school bag and headed to work. 

It was a short walk to his place of work, only about 15 minutes. It was sunny that day with a slight overcast to keep it cool. It was the end of summer/beginning of fall and the trees were starting to look beautiful. Their leaves were all changing colors, slowly going from the bright green of summer to the fiery oranges, reds, and yellows of autumn. As he looked into the trees he saw squirrels scurrying about, collecting acorns and storing them in various places. They're stocking up for winter. They won't have much to eat so they're gaining weight now and storing food. He aimlessly thought to himself as he walked along. They could always come to me if they need food or some fat for winter, clearly I have both. He sighed, he truly hated his body. The worst part was that he had tried to work out but the weight never stayed off. It got to the point where he had just given up on it and accepted my fate. As he got to his workplace he looked at it through sad eyes. This is why I'm so fat now. 

Seunghyun worked at a local McDonalds. It was the only place that would hire him so he had no choice but to work there. He was already a little chunky when he began working there at the beginning of junior year but between the employee discount and accessible food, he had gained a lot of weight over the following months. The worse he felt, the more he ate. The more he ate, the worse he felt. It was a cycle and being surrounded by all that food didn't help one bit. He sighed, put on his hat, and walked in.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm late! I'm always late! Ahhh! Thought Daesung as he ran into the night club he worked in. Though he was of adult age and could work in the actual club part, he preferred to work in the back office area organizing various papers and forms for the club owner, Se7en. Daesung never bothered to ask his real name. He just figured that considering the club was named "24/Se7en" his boss just kept the name. He entered through the club's back door as he always did, put his school bag in his locker and walked to his boss' door to check in. Knocking on the door got him no response so he started opening it to see if his boss was in there.

"YAHHH! DAESUNG! CLOSE THE DOOR! CLOSE THE DOOR!" screamed Se7en as Daesung opened the door. He hurriedly closed it and stood, hand across his heart gasping for air. "DAESUNG! I MEANT GET OUT OF THE ROOM AND CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU!" Daesung hadn't even realized he was still in the room. He scrambled with the door knob desperately trying to get it open. He ended up locking it in the process unbeknownst to him. 

"It's broken! Oh my god! We're going to die in here! Me, you, and that guy you're having with! OMO! OMO! You're having ! Ahhh!" Daesung through his hands over his eyes and faced the door. "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize!" He heard a click and looked to his side. His boss had enough time during Daesung's break down to get dressed again and unlock the door. Daesung bowed his apologies and began to leave the room when he looked back towards his boss's desk one more time to apologize, accidentally seeing his the guy who was with Se7en only a moment ago. "Omg, Bobby! What the hell man?! You're supposed to be off today!" 

"Yea, well you know duty calls and you just gotta get to work to do you jo----" Bobby was cut off by Se7en.

"DAESUNG GO WAIT IN THE HALL!" He scurried out like a kid who had just gotten in trouble in grade school. 

A minute or two later Bobby walked out followed by Se7en. As Bobby passed Daesung to go home he winked at him making Daesung feel 100 different levels of awkward. "Daesung, I'm really sorry you had to see that."

"Oh no! It's okay boss! I totally understand, we all get !" He blushed."Well next time just leave a note on your door or something. Or you could text me that you're busy. Better yet! Just give me a schedule of when you're gonna be doing that!" Then he flashed an eye smile to Se7en who just chuckled.

"Jeez, Daesung, you're too cute for your own good. But really, I'm sorry."

"Oh no! It's my fault. I should have knocked harder and waited for a response! Well I'm gonna go to work now. I have to go to the bathroom first." Daesung got up awkwardly holding his jacket in front of his crotch.

Haha, "we all get " alright. Se7en continued laughing at Daesung's innocent cuteness as he walked into his office to organize some papers and forms to make Daesung's job for the day a little easier considering how stressful it started out. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

While Daesung was having a fairly eventful day at his job, Seunghyun couldn't say the same. It was a really slow day at McDonalds. He worked the window so unless there were customers coming up. He had nothing to do. It was the first day of school so he didn't even have homework to do. To beat his boredom he played games on his phone. Not like anyone ever texts me anyway. Then all of a sudden the screen went black and "plug in to charger" flashed across the front. "Damnit." muttered Seunghyun. He looked around in his school bag but didn't find any charger. What he did find, however, was Daesung's journal he left in there. 

He opened the journal, he knew it was wrong but he couldn't fight the urge to learn more about Deasung. For some reason, the kid attracted him. He wasn't mean to Seunghyun like everyone else was. Just awkward. To be honest, Seunghyun thought it was kind of cute. Did I just call him cute? Wait no, I said what he does is cute. That's not so bad right? Seunghyun began to think about the subtle differences between gay and straight relationships when the material in the journal suddenly started to change. The first 20 or 30 pages were all cute little doodles of the sun, flowers, people laughing, cute (there goes that word again) people laughing, and they all had eye smiles. But slowly the doodles became darker in nature. The sun turned into rain clouds, the flowers started to wilt, instead of big groups of people there was only one lonely kid, and instead of laughing and eye smiling, he seemed to be crying. The drawings continued on that path for 10 or so pages until they got worse. Graveyards started appearing, and on the most recent one was a tombstone marked "Ugly Boy." 

Seunghyun hurried and closed the book, he felt a pang in his heart. Whereas most people would have been scared and weirded out by Daesung's work, Seunghyun just thought one thing. I need to get closer to this boy. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: HI! *waves* Okay so shout out to those who followed me and commented on my story, really, you guys make my life! (I would hug each and one of you individually but that would involve a lot of hunting you down and then there'd be the restraining orders so here you go: *hugs*) But you might be the death of me because I felt obligated to update as soon as possible (plust I really wanted to, I have so many ideas for this story floating around in my head right now). However, I can't promise that I'll always update every day. But please bare with me because I will always update at least twice a week (unless something serious comes up). I also can't promise that all the updates will be this long but i'll do my best ^_^

Also, I know that the story has an overall sad, depressing tone to it but no one likes to feel sad ALL the time. So I try to be funny as well (enter Kang Daesung) because sometimes it's nice to just laugh haha. Thanks for reading!