The Grand Finale

Let's Be Alone Together

Seunghyun looked in his bedroom mirror nervously as he adjusted his tie for the billionth time that evening. Damnit! Why won't it stay straight? He rotated it 1 degree further to the left and then exhaled, relieved. Finally. Backing up a few feet from the mirror he made sure the rest of his ensemble was as straight as the tie. Jacket...check. Pants...check. Shirt...check. Cuffs...check. Shoes...check. Seunghyun's simple black and white tuxedo had passed his checklist with flying colors. When you look good, you feel good. This new motto continued through his head as he kneeled down to remove a scuff from his black leather shoes. A cough from his bedroom door caught his attention. He turned to see his older sister leaning against his door post, fighting a smile. So of course he had to a little. 

"So Bom, how do I look?" He smirked as he did a full turn so she could get full view of his newfound 'iness'. 

She raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "You look fine...I guess." She did her own smirk. 

"Whatever, you know I look good." 

"Yea, yea yea. I'm sure Tablo will think so too. Speaking of which, when is your boyfriend picking you up exactly?" In the months since the two got together, Seunghyun had eventually built up the courage to tell his family about Tablo. Both his sister and mother were beyond delighted. Bom kept chanting she knew it or something but Seunghyun knew she was just full of it. 

"I'm not sure. Soon. He's supposed to call me whenever he leaves his apartment." 

"Oh, his apartment huh? Is that where you'll be going after prom?" 

"No. Why?"

"Oh, well, I was just going to say make sure you use protection but never mind." Bom started laughing and ran out of the room before her blushing brother could throw something at her. 

"YAH! WE ARE NOT HAVING !" 

Seunghyun chased behind his sister all the way down the stairs to the kitchen. She cheated and hid behind his mother, who had innocently been cooking dinner. 

"Umma! Umma! Seunghyun wants to hit me!" 

"Seunghyun! Leave your sister alone!" She turned away from the pot on the stove and then gasped, clasping her chest. 

"What's wrong, umma?" Both Bom and Seunghyun laced their voices with genuine worry. 

"Oh, it's nothing." She released her chest and exhaled. "I've just never seen my little boy look like such a man. Seunghyun, when did you grow up on me?" 

The boy blushed and looked down. "Come on umma, don't start." 

"But my son, you're so handsome. And look at yourself in that tux. You look amazing." 

"Aish." Bom started. "I can't deal with this." She walked out of the room, leaving the other two.

Seunghyun's mother walked towards her son and his cheek. "You look so much like your father, he'd be so proud of you." 

The boy leaned into the touch. "You think so?" 

"I know so." 

"Even if he knew I was gay?" Seunghyun looked down, he had always felt that'd disappoint his father.

His mother lifted his chin, so he could see her stern face. "All your father would want is for you to be happy." Her face turned gentle. "And if Tablo, or any other guy for that matter, makes you happy, then your father would be all for it." 

Seunghyun relaxed. "Thanks." 

"Speaking of which..." his mother's face went stern again. "You two are using protection, right?" 

"UMMA!" Seunghyun shrieked as he jumped back. "We aren't having yet! Why does everyone think we're having ?! We haven't even kissed yet!" 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was kidding." His mother couldn't hold back her laughter. 

"Ugh!" The doorbell rang and Seunghyun checked his pockets for his phone that wasn't there. "See what you made me do?! You distracted me and I missed his call!" He hurried to the door and opened it, revealing his very happy boyfriend holding a bouquet of flowers. Seunghyun smiled and let him in. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daesung sat in his best friend's car with a very grumpy expression. I didn't even want to go to this stupid prom. Seungri only invited me so he could show off whoever his mystery date is anyway. Daesung sighed, raising his chest. It was evident even through his black and red tux. 

"Come on, Daesung. It's not that bad. Relax. Enjoy yourself." Seungri tried to perk his friend up as he drove to get his date. 

"Where are we going? Who's your date that you wanted to show to me so badly?" Daesung didn't relax, and he damn sure wasn't about to enjoy himself. 

"You'll see." Seungri made one final turn into a driveway. "We're here." He hopped out of the car and ran to the front door. An older man, about a father's age, opened it and let him in.

Daesung grumbled to himself in the car as the radio played in the background. The hell is taking them so long? Idiots. They're probably taking pictures. Stupid pictures. All they are are papers with fake smiles printed on them. Daesung was still zoned out thinking to himself when he heard the passenger door open and someone slide into the seat. When she turned around Daesung's jaw dropped. 

"Hey Daesung!" 

"He-he-hey CL?" He couldn't believe his eyes. "You're Seungri's date?" 

The girl simply smiled and nodded. She seemed completely different from the one Daesung usually saw. Now CL was all timid and cute. He kind of liked this one more to be honest. 

Seungri slid into the driver's seat and turned the car on. "Yep, she's the mystery date. She finally admitted she wanted my 'y'." He laughed until CL hit him in the back of the head with her purse. 

Daesung managed a light chuckle. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tablo and Seunghyun pulled into the parking lot of the prom's ballroom at the same time as Seungri, CL, and Daesung. As the occupants of both parties noticed each other, they smiled and walked over to one another, meeting in the middle. 

"Hey!" They all said, causing a bunch of laughs. 

"My god, look at you CL! You look beautiful!" 

"Yah!" Tablo hit his boyfriend on the shoulder playfully. "Don't call other people beautiful!" 

Seungri hopped in. "Aww, look at that, little Tablo's jealous." The rest of the group snickered at the comment but Tablo folded his arms and pouted. 

CL finally spoke for herself after laughing. "Thank you Seunghyun, and don't worry Tablo, you look very y too." 

"I know." Even pouting, Tablo couldn't resist his usual air of cockiness. 

"You look good too, Daesung." Seunghyun looked towards his friend. He really did look good. You're the one that truly looks beautiful. Seunghyun didn't realize he had zoned out until a call from his short friend got his attention. 

"Yo! Seunghyun!" Youngbae called as he speed walked up to his friend, Lee HI in tow. 

"Oh, hey Youngbae!" He smiled and hugged his friend. 

"Damn Seunghyun, check you out. Dressing all nice and what not. I've never seen you dressed like this, it's kind of weird man." Youngbae playfully told Seunghyun. 

The latter just laughed and had his own comeback. "At least I didn't have to buy my tuxedo from a children's store." 

"YAH! I am not that short! Plus, I'm muscular! See?!" He started flexing, trying to prove his point. 

Seunghyun could only laugh at his friend's antics. So Seungri had to make the answer back. "Sure, you're muscular but I'm ier." 

"No you aren't!" Youngbae argued back.

"Am so! CL! Tell him how y I am!" CL made a face that said 'I definitely will not'. Seungri sadly huffed and muttered to himself. "At least I know I'm y." 

Daesung finally spoke up from his spot in the back of the group for the first time; he had completely ignored Seunghyun's compliment earlier. "So are we going to actually go inside anytime soon? Or are we just going to stand out here looking stupid?" 

Youngbae, as oblivious as always, didn't hear the sarcasm in Daesung's voice. "Yea guys! LET'S GET THIS PROM PARTY STARTED!" He began marching in, holding Lee Hi's hand. 

Seungri followed, holding CL's hand. 

Seunghyun followed, holding Tablo's hand. 

Daesung followed, with his hands in his pockets and a scowl on his face. This is going to be a terrible night. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The gang was all at one large table in the far corner of the room by the time the prom officially started. Most of the school's other students were mingling about; going from table to table or person to person. The ballroom was full of chatter and bodies swaying to the music. When it was the music was abruptly turned off you could hear the crowd's disapproval but as Mr. Yang, by now everyone's favorite teacher, stepped on the stage, the "boos" turned to cheers. 

He grabbed the mic and started talking. "Relax you guys!" He laughed. "I didn't know you liked me this much." 

Of course the crowd cheered, just pushing his ego on even more.

"Okay, you guys, seriously calm down." The crowd finally shushed so he could continue. "So, there's a lot of really nicely dressed people here, what's going on? Is there a church service or something tonight?" He looked around like he was confused. 

"NO!" The crowd went right along with him.

"Hmm, is there a concert going on?" 

"NO!" 

"I know what it is! It's a surprise party! For me! Awe, you guys shouldn't have!" 

"We didn't!" 

"But I thought you loved me!" Mr. Yang pouted and began to walk off the stage. 

"We do! We do!" 

He smiled and ran back to the stage, looking nothing less than smug. "I know! But really you guys, this is going to be an awesome prom right?!" 

"YES!" 

"You're all excited right?!" 

"YES!" 

"I hope everyone's having a wonderful time!" 

"WE ARE!" 

"Good! But it's about to get better!" The lights dimmed down as he pointed to the curtain on behind him on the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen! I am proud to introduce to you, our very own 2ne1! They'll be exclusively performing their entire debut mini-album for us!" The curtain started to rise as music boomed and Mr. Yang ran off the stage, not wanting the block the show. 

As four girls rose from the floor, the line every teenager in that school knew was uttered. "I go by the name of CL of 2ne1. It's been a long time coming, but we here now. And we about to set the roof on fire baby. You better get yours, cause I'm getting mine. Hey!" 

The crowd went wild and everyone was having a wonderful time just like Mr. Yang had hoped. 

Well everyone except Daesung who had been left all alone while the rest of his group of "friends" went dance without him. I knew this would be a terrible night. He aimlessly swished the punch around in his glass as he leaned his cheek on a closed fist. They're all having fun and they forgot about me. Oh well, I'm not surprised really. At least they're happy. Especially him. Daesung looked across the dance floor to see a tall boy dancing with a slightly shorter one. Both were smiling and looking each other in the eyes the entire time. I'm glad he's happy though. 

"He doesn't love you." 

Daesung turned to see who had uttered that to him. The owner of the voice made him gasp. 

"What do you want, Lee HI?" Daesung turned back to the swishing liquid in the glass as Lee Hi sat next to him. 

"Hmm, what do I want?" She pondered for a moment. "World domination would be nice, but for now I guess I'll settle with telling you the truth. As I said, he doesn't love you." 

"Who doesn't?"

"We both know you know who I'm talking about, Daesung."

He did. "So? Why's it matter if he doesn't love me? Not like I love him." 

Lee Hi's laugh was so pure it was almost scary. "You don't love him, huh? Okay, then why were you just staring at him." 

"I wasn't." Daesung wasn't going to give up without a fight.

Lee Hi knew she was right and didn't need him to verify it. "Let's see. I bet I can even tell what you were thinking." She looked Daesung in the eyes. "You were probably thinking about how happy he looks with Tablo, right?"

Daesung didn't answer. 

"Then you were happy that he's happy, right?" 

Daesung didn't answer once again. 

"Then a little part of you died, like it always does when you see them two together, right?" Lee Hi was expecting an answer this time. 

"Shut up! What do you know?!" 

Her voice suddenly went soft and caring. "Daesung, sweetie," she clasped a hand around the boy's cheek so she could look into his eyes as they started to tear up. "I know he doesn't care whether you're happy or not." 

His eyes glistened harder. "You're a liar! He does care about me! We're friends!" 

"No you're not. Let me guess, you two haven't had a decent conversation in months have you?" 

"No..." 

"You've been walking those halls all alone haven't you?"

"Yes..." 

"Everyone has left you all alone haven't they? Even the one friend you thought never would, right?" 

"Yes..." 

Lee Hi looked him hard and deep in the eyes. "Then Daesung, why are you still here?" 

He looked back. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Daesung, you've been through so much pain. Why would you keep putting yourself through that? There's only one way to end it." She leaned in close to his ear. "This ballroom is three stories and the roof is open." With that last whisper, she stood up and walked away from Daesung towards her waiting boyfriend on the dance floor. 

She didn't even have to look back to know that Daesung had walked out of the ballroom, headed for the stairs.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lee Hi had been dancing with Youngbae for about 20 minutes and quite frankly, she was getting tired of it. She couldn't stop though, because she needed to be within watching distance of Seunghyun and Tablo. There was only so much of the dancing boy next to her she could take. 

"Um babe," she started cutely. "could you relax? Just a little. I mean, it's only a song." 

Youngbae didn't even stop his dancing to answer his girlfriend. "Oh no babe. There's no such thing as 'only a song'. When I hear music," he back-flipped "I gotta dance!" After almost getting kicked in the face, Lee Hi was done. 

"Babe, could you go get me some punch? I'm dying of thirst over her. You're dancing is just so hot." She added that last part because she knew it'd work. 

"Okay, then, sorry my hotness is killing you baby. Be right back." Youngbae shook his hips as he walked through the crowd, disappearing from view. Finally. Lee Hi sighed as she looked around. Then she noticed Seunghyun walking towards the punch bowl too, leaving Tablo alone. Finally!

Lee Hi slid her way over towards the boy and threw her hands over his eyes from behind. "Guess who?" 

"Hmm, let me guess. The devil?" 

She stepped in front of him. "You'd be better off if it was the devil." Tablo gulped. "Anyway," she continued, "I noticed you and Seunghyun have become very close over the last few months." 

"Possibly...why does that concern you?" 

"Oh no. It doesn't concern me, but it does however concern your parents." 

Tablo's eyes flew open in fear. "What are you talking about?" 

Lee Hi smirked. "Well, I mean, what do you think they would do if they got a hold of these pictures?" She opened her purse and pulled out a handful of pictures, all of Tablo and Seunghyun in various stages of hugging and cuddling. 

"How'd you get those?" 

"That's besides the point." She looked over the pictures. "You know, I've got over 400 of these and not a single kissing one. Well, some of you kissing him on the neck and cheek, but never the lips. He won't let you kiss him will he?" She looked at Tablo with the eyes that demanded an answer. 

"No..." 

"Hmm, that's too bad. It's probably because he doesn't love you." She tucked the pictures back in her purse and looked at Tablo. "You haven't forgotten our deal, right? You still owe me, think of the pictures as mere motivation for you to pay me back sooner." 

Tablo looked down, resigned. "What do you want me to do?" 

"Here." She handed Tablo a recorder and watched as he listened to the material on it.

"How did you get this?!" 

"Oh Tablo, do you think I sat on your lap because I wanted to?" She laughed. "Oh no, it was just easier to put the recorder on you that way. Don't worry though, I edited out your voice but left it obvious that it's a man's voice in the tape." She began playing with her nails.

"Well what am I supposed to do with this?" 

She looked at him impatiently. "What do you think you're going to do with it? You're going to get your on stage and play it for everyone to hear." 

"But, Lee Hi, that's evil."

"But Tablo, that's the point." It suddenly seemed too fitting that she'd wore an all black dress for the prom. "In any case, you still owe me. Do this one little deed for me and I'll never bother you again." 

"I don't believe you." 

"Then believe this." She pointed at her purse and gave Tablo a knowing look.

He sadly nodded his understanding and then whispered, defeated, "How am I supposed to get on stage?"

"Don't worry about that. I've got it all figured out. You'll know when the time comes." Lee Hi looked up to see Seunghyun and Youngbae walking towards them. "You know what you've got to do. Now do it. You can enjoy your last few hours with him though." She hurried back to the spot Youngbae left her to go get the punch. She glanced over one more time at Seunghyun and Tablo, noticing the sad look in the younger's eyes. Perfect. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Boy I don't care!" As the ladies of 2ne1 finished their performance, the crowd went wild.

"More!"

"One more song!"

"Come on! You guys were so good!"

CL grabbed her mic and started talking as she smiled. "I'm happy you all think so but we'd really like to enjoy prom too! Besides, Dara's hair thing is getting soft!" The crowd all laughed as Dara blushed and spoke into her own mic. 

"Aigoo! It's not a hair ! It's supposed to be a palm tree!" She sighed. "Anyway, thank you all for letting us perform! Saranghae!" 

Minzy and Bom followed. "Saranghae!" All four girls waved as the curtain began to close in front of them. 

As the curtain finally shut, a skinny boy with very green hair stepped onto the stage and coughed into the mic. "Ahem, hi everyone! I'm Jiyong!" He waved at the crowd and smiled. 

They were not amused. 

"We want more 2ne1!" 

"Who are you?!" 

"Why is your hair green!" 

Jiyong pinched the bridge of his nose and looked down in frusturation. "Let's try this: Hi everyone! I'm Jiyong! A.K.A. the person who put this prom together and asked 2ne1 to perform so you all better be grateful or else I'll ask Girl's Generation to perfom next year!" 

Suddenly the crowd was very happy to see Jiyong.

"Hey there!" 

"You rock!" 

"Don't invite them to perform! No, really, don't!" 

Jiyong smiled. "That's better, so, how's everyone doing tonight?!" 

The crowd cheered their excitement. 

"Good! Good! Well here's the moment everyone has been waiting for! This is when we announce prom king and prom queen! Who's ready?!" 

The crowd screamed again. 

"Okay you guys. Relax. Here goes The Grand Finale! Drum roll please!" A drummer began to roll as Jiyong opened up an envelope he had been handed by the head of the voting committee before he stepped on stage. "And you're prom king is....TABLO!" 

The crowd screamed once again. 

Tablo, however, was not excited. That . He looked to his left to see a very smug Lee Hi slowly clapping for him along with the rest of the school. He looked to his right to see a very proud Seunghyun. The two shared one last hug as Tablo began his march towards the stage. I'm sorry Seunghyun. 

As he stepped on the stage he cleared his throat and tapped on the mic. "Mic check 1-2. Mic check 1-2." He laughed along with crowd at his antics even though it was forced. "So I guess this is when people do their acceptance speeches, huh? Well let's see, I'd like to thank my mother and father for having and creating this y beast who is standing in front of you. And I'd like to thank myself for being such a y beast." The crowd laughed along with him. His was forced again. "But seriously, thank you to all of you who voted for me." He scanned the crowd to show his true gratitude through his eyes when his sight caught Lee Hi. She tapped her wrist to tell him to hurry up. Tablo gulped. Well here goes. 

He looked went back to the mic. "And as a reward for voting me your homecoming king. I'm going to give you all a nice bit of gossip, because let's face it, high schoolers love gossip." The crowd chanted its approval. "Good, good. Okay, so there's this student here. We've all seen him, I mean really, you can't miss him. He's HUGE!" Tablo laughed. 

Seunghyun didn't. His heart began to beat. Is he...?

Tablo continued. "I mean really, this guy is so big that he probably rushes to class only because he doesn't want us to see him get stuck in doors. Am I right?" The crowd cheered him on. "Well, since he's so much bigger than the rest of us, he obviously doesn't fit in." The crowd agreed. "And when something doesn't fit in, it's completely okay to mess with them right? I mean come on, it's not our fault they're different!" The crowd agreed. "Excellent. Matter of fact, I have something here in my hand that'll make you really want to mess with him. Want me to play it?" The crowd hollered and screamed for him to do so.

Seunghyun felt tears come to his eyes, he hadn't cried in months. No, Seunghyun, trust him. He wouldn't. 

Tablo brought the tape to the mic and started a countdown. "10!"

The crowd jumped in. "9!" 

"8!" 

"7!" 

"6!" 

"5!"

"4!" 

"3!" 

"2!" 

Seunghyun covered his ears and shut his eyes. 

"1!" 

The crowd went crazy in excitement. 

"No." 

"No?" Everyone was confused by Tablo's refusal. 

"Let me clarify." He cleared his throat and talked into the mic again, suddenly angry. "I will not give you bunch of monsters and s fuel to add to the fire that you've already put that boy on." He threw the tape-recorder on the ground, shattering it. "What is wrong with you all? So what? He's different. I'm different. You're different. We're all different. Get over yourselves." 

He stepped closer to the edge of the stage and ripped the Prom King crown off of his head. "And I damn sure refuse to accept something that I won from you all. I can hardly look at you. Do you know the you put that boy through? I'm sorry, I mean, do you know the  we put that boy through? I say we because for the longest I played along with the insanity. I thought it'd make me cool, I thought it would make me popular. But most of all," Tablo took a deep breath, "I thought it would make me stop loving him." 

Gasps of shock and even horror erupted from the crowd. 

Tablo was unfazed. "That's right. I loved him. I still love him. The happiest day of my miserable life was the one a few mere months ago when he told me that I could be his boyfriend. In the months since then, I've been on cloud nine every single day and I've done my best to make sure he's right up there with me. Since that day me and him have bonded beyond what I could have ever hoped for. Beyond what I could have ever dreamed for. We've laughed. We've played. I've loved him," Tablo took a deep breath and looked straight into Seunghyun's eyes, "but he's loved someone else." 

The crowd gasped in sympathy for Tablo now, they were invested in the story.

"Yes, he's loved someone else from the start." Tablo was addressing the entire crowd at this point, but he was only talking to one. "I'm not blind. I've always seen the way he looked at that special person to him. I've always noticed the way his smile stretches further whenever he was with that other person. I had hoped maybe the same could happen to him when he was with me but it never did, and it never will." 

A single tear fell from Tablo's eye. 

A single tear fell from Seunghyun's eye.

Tablo wiped his eye and continued, shakier than before. "But that's okay, because he gave me a try. After all the evil I've done to him, all the pain I've caused him, he gave me a try. He's trusted me. And I would never do a think to lose that trust. But I will lose him." 

Tablo stood up straight and dignified as the crowd held its breath. No one held it more than Seunghyun. 

Tablo found a new stronger, determined voice when he began talking again. "Tonight. Tonight in this room full of people, that boy is breaking up with me. I am telling him now, he is breaking up with me. He is leaving me to go be with the one and only person who can truly make him happy. Seunghyun." Tablo and Seunghyun locked eyes. "Seunghyun, go be as happy as you can be." 

With that, Tablo bowed to the crowd and sat down in his Prom King chair on the stage, smiling. 

Seunghyun mirrored the smile back. Thank you. He sent the message through his eyes and Tablo nodded, showing he got it. Before Seunghyun could stand to go find his one true love, Jiyong stood back on the stage, wiping his eyes with a tissue. 

"Damnit Tablo, all this crying is ruining my mascara. I look a mess. Ugh. Forget it, you're new prom queen is Lee HI. Hip hip hooray. Yay. I'm going fix my face." Jiyong ran off the stage. 

The same thought ran through Tablo and Seunghyun's minds at the same moment. Oh no. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

There really isn't a word to describe the feeling in the entire room as Lee Hi walked ever-so-slowly up to the stage. It was one of tension, fear, apprehension, anxiety, and a hint of excitement. Everyone knew something was coming, they just couldn't tell what. So they all, including Tablo and Seunghyun, waited on the edge of their seats for Lee Hi to take the mic. And when she did, she dropped a bomb.

"I hate you all." She smiled. "It feels so nice to get that off my chest." She giggled to herself and then turned to Jiyong, her facing going serious. "Keep your crown, I don't want it. Well, since, Tablo had his story time, I want mine. Everyone sit back and relax, because you're in for one wild ride." She even had the nerve to pull up her Prom Queen chair to the front of the stage so she could sit and tell her story. 

"Sorry guys, just had to get comfortable. Anyway, I guess I'll start from the beginning." She pointed at Tablo. "I am very disappointed in that young man, he didn't follow the plan." 

The crowd released many confused sounds. 

"Oh yea, duh Lee Hi, they don't know the plan. Okay, let me tell you about the plan. Years ago, freshman year to be exact, I can up with a plan to ruin one boy's life: Choi Seunghyun. However, as powerful as I am, I couldn't do it directly; I needed a puppet to manipulate, and that is where Tablo comes in." She smiled at the boy. 

He didn't smile back. 

"Though, it isn't his fault, I mean really, he was just so damn love-sick at the time that he was an easy victim. All you had to do was mention Seunghyun's name and Tablo's head popped up. It was pathetic really, though I suppose some people would call it 'sweet.' Anyway, it made him an easy target. Especially when I found his journal. You remember that journal Tablo?" 

He nodded, getting extremely uncomfortable.

Lee Hi addressed the crowd. "You see, Tablo had this journal. This little special journal that he'd write all of his secret hopes and dreams in. Now I, being the sneaky I am, happened upon this journal one day. And lo-and-behold, what else other than 'Tablo and Seunghyun' forever was written in big, bubbly letters in it. Even better, it was surrounded by a huge heart. The boy may not be smart, but Tablo's creative, I'll give him that. However, I couldn't pass this opportunity to have him join me in my plight to end Seunghyun's happiness forever. So, I did what any sensible, insane person would do, I stole it and 'accidentally' showed it to Tablo's VERY homophobic parents." 

"IT WAS YOU!" 

Lee Hi ignored Tablo's outbursts. "The poor kid's parents kicked him out in a heartbeat and guess who was there to pick him up and offer him a place to live? That's right! Yours truly. I am a saint after all." She smiled to herself. "It just became easier after that. All I had to do was tell him that it was Seunghyun's fault for attracting him, gain his trust, pretend to be interested in him, blah blah blah. You get the point. Long story short, he's an idiot and he fell for every inch of my plan, right down to him betraying me a few minutes ago." 

Lee Hi turned the chair to face Tablo. 

"I"m no idiot, Tablo. I know you love that boy, lord knows why, and that you'd never hurt him again. Therefore I set other plans in motions. The likes of which, you all won't be able to see until much later tonight. In the mean time, give me my crown." She looked at Jiyong. "I suddenly feel as if I've deserved to let all these other people know I am above them in every way." 

Even if Jiyong was going to give Lee Hi the crown, he wouldn't have been able to because all of a sudden, Youngbae was on the stage. The heat of his anger could be physically felt all the way in the back of the room. 

"So what was I? Some part of your plan?"

Lee Hi played with her nails, bored. "I suppose you could say that. I needed to stay close to Seunghyun." 

Youngbae gripped the armrests on either side of Lee Hi's chair, his knuckles turning white. "I thought you loved me." 

Lee Hi didn't even flinch, in fact she laughed. It was a hearty laughed, full of merriment. "Oh silly Youngbae, I've never loved you. I simply used you. You should be thanking me." 

"Why the hell would I possible be thanking you?" He was too angry to even yell. It came out as a whisper, laced with warning. 

Lee Hi finally looked up from her nails. "Look at your friends, they're all messes. Love is no good. It only brings pain." She looked back down to her nails. "You're welcome." 

Youngbae swore he would never hit a woman but he was about 2 seconds from going against that self promise. Luckily for Lee Hi, Seungri rushed the stage and dragged Youngbae off before he could do something he wouldn't regret. 

Far from being over, Seunghyun stood up and walked towards the stage. All eyes were on him, and for once, they were all on his side. He looked her in the eye and cooly, almost nonchalantly asked. "Why?" 

Lee Hi pondered for a moment. "There is no 'why' Seunghyun. That's the beauty of it. I had absolutely no reason for wanting to make you so miserable. I can't say it's because I hate you. I didn't give you enough thought to really put together how I feel about you. It just sort of happened. I guess it was your unlucky day." 

Everyone waited for Seunghyun's response. When they got it, they all gasped. 

He laughed. 

He ing laughed. 

For once Lee Hi was thrown off. "What's so funny?!" 

"Because, you tried to make everyone want me dead, but in the end, you have a room full of people who hate you now." He continued laughing and started walking away. "I win." 

The crowd began cheering. 

Lee Hi wasn't done. "You haven't won yet Seunghyun. I can handle being single. I can handle being alone. I can handle being hated. But Seunghyun, can you handle losing the only person you've ever loved?" 

The crowd stopped cheering.

Seunghyun stopped walking. 

"What are you talking about?" He didn't turn to face her. 

Lee Hi smirked. "Seunghyun, where's Daesung?" 

Seunghyun scanned the room and realized that Daesung wasn't in there. In fact, he hadn't seen him since 2ne1 started performing. He turned and ran to Lee Hi, grabbing her by the collar of her dress. "Where the is he?!" 

She laughed an evil, insane, maniacal laugh. "How about this? I'll give you a riddle." She thought for a second and then spoke. 


"If your love is what you seek, look to the sky.
I promise you can find him, somewhere up high.
This building is a tall place, with slopes that drop.
Your friend was feeling lost, his bubble had pop.
So if you want to save him, you better act quick.
You haven't got much time, before his feet leave the brick."

Seunghyun thought for a second before he realized what Lee Hi was saying. The roof! Oh god! He's going to jump from the roof! Seunghyun had took off for the stairs so fast that he didn't see an arm reach out from behind the curtain and yank Lee Hi behind it. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Lee Hi landed with a thud behind the curtain. She rubbed her head. "What the?" 

"Shut up." She looked up to see the owner of that voice and to her surprise it was Dara. 

Lee Hi couldn't help but laugh. "Dara? Really? Come on, you're the small one. I'm not afraid of you. Go play, the big girls have worked to do." She tried to get up but a shockingly strong Dara forced her back down on the ground. 

Dara smirked at Lee Hi's confused face. She leaned in so that she could whisper. "I'm going to tell you a little 2ne1 secret. When it comes to the public, CL is the leader. When it comes to the music, CL is the leader. But when it comes to this..." Dara swung her arms out wide. "...behind-the-curtain type of stuff, I'm the leader."

"And why is that?" 

Dara stood up and slapped Lee Hi across the face. "Because no one ever suspects cute, little, innocent Dara." 

Lee Hi rubbed at her cheek and looked to the small girl in front of her. "Oh really? Well what happens when I go out and tell the world that 2ne1 is a part-time gang, and apparantely you're the leader." Lee Hi smirked her usualy 'I know everything' smirk.

However, Dara, had a smirk of her own. "We don't have to worry about that." 

"And why is that?" 

"I had hoped you'd ask." Without word the other three members of 2ne1 came out holding bats. Bom handed an extra one to Dara. "The reason we don't have to worry about that is because we're going to beat you until you can't remember anything. You've messed with the wrong siblings. Plus, you pissed off CL." All four girls started walking towards the cowering Lee Hi. 

For the first time in her life, Lee Hi couldn't manage a smirk.

The music conveniently played in the background. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Seunghyun arrived on the roof and called out desperately for Daesung, but he got no answer. Oh no, I'm too late. He ran around the perimeter of the roof, looking for any signs of his friend. Just as he was about to give up he saw the blonde haired boy sitting on the edge of the roof, legs dangling over the side. With his back to Seunghyun and the moon shining in front of him, Daesung truly looked like an angel. 

"Daesung." Seunghyun heaved the name out with the breath he had been holding. 

Daesung didn't have to turn around to know who the owner of that deep voice was. "What do you want, Seunghyun?" 

Scared by the tone in Daesung's voice, Seunghyun slowly inched his way forward. "I want to talk to you." 

"You haven't talked to me in months. Don't start now. Just go away like the rest of them." 

Seunghyun moved closer, he was leaning against the short wall that Daesung had perched himself on. "I'm sorry." 

"Why?"

"Because I left you all alone." 

"Seunghyun, my parents disappeared two months ago." 

"Why didn't you tell me, I could ha--" Seunghyun started but he was cut off. 

"Just let me finish." Daesung sighed. "Minzy and I were always used to them being long gone for weeks at a time, but no more than a month. So when after five months, they didn't return, we knew something was up. So we called the company they worked at." Daesung took a deep breath. "Turns out, the company had no idea where my parents were/are."

"How is that possible?" Seunghyun had climbed onto the wall, he was sitting about arm's length from Daesung now. 

Daesung never took his eyes off the moon as he spoke. "My parents were working in a very dangerous country. They were last seen on a caravan that had to drive through a dense jungle along a dirt road. The trip usually took three days. My parents were last seen going through customs to go into the forest. The caravan never made it to the exit customs at the other end. So they sent out a search party, the search party found the vehicles, but no persons. Just footprints that disappeared into the jungle underbrush. The crazy thing is, some of the footprints were of bare feet." 

Seunghyun slid closer to Daesung. "Why would they take their shoes off?"

"They didn't. They think tribes from the forest were tired of outsiders encroaching on their territories so they randomly attacked my parents' caravan." Daesung paused. "They found arrows and spears in the tires." He fell silent. 

"Daesung, I'm so sorry." 

"That's why I'm telling you this, Seunghyun. I had to grow up fast in the time we were apart. Before I heard the news of my parents, I was pretty much a little kid and in an older kid's body. I didn't know anything. I acted so childish. I was just the village idiot." 

"You were perfect, you still are." 

"Let me finish. When I heard the news all of a sudden, I grew up. I matured. Right then and there I decided that I'd be there to take care of Minzy, to be strong for her. So after that, I stopped relying on anyone else. I stopped crying because I knew no one would wipe my tears. I stopped seeking apologies because I knew no one would say they're sorry. So Seunghyun..." he looked up to the taller boy, who was no inches away. "...don't say you're sorry." 

Seunghyun looked down at Daesung. My angel. You've fallen. A tear rolled down his eye as he stared into Daesung's lifeless ones. Before he knew what he was doing, he had closed the gap between the two. His lips pressed against Daesung's plump, fuller ones and it was as if the heavens themselves shined down on the two. 

Daesung was very reasonably shocked by the kiss initially. Then when Seunghyun tilted his head and pressed harder, Daesung came to his senses. He pulled his face back and beat on Seunghyun's chest. "You can't do this to me! Do you know how hard it was to get over you?!" He hit him again. "I cried for nights and nights! And I had no one to talk to! Who do you talk to when the only person you want to talk to is the source of your problem?!" He hit him again as tears began to fall. "I had locked up my hear, Seunghyun! No one could hurt me! Now you've opened it again! Stop hurting me!" He closed his eyes as tears that should have fallen two months began to fall finally. Daesung stopped beating Seunghyun's chest and leaned his forehead onto it, his body shook with his violent sobs. 

Seunghyun rubbed Daesung's back as he felt his own tears run down onto the blonde boy's head. "Shh, shh, let it all out. It's okay." 

"You weren't there for me. I can't do it all alone, Seunghyun. I'm all alone." 

Seunghyun continued to rub his back. "I'm here now, I'm all alone too. I'll never leave your side." 

"What happens when Tablo calls for you then?" 

"There is no Tablo and I anymore." 

Daesung looked up, his eyes were bloodshot and still running. "Really?" 

Seunghyun sadly smiled and kissed Daesung's tears away. "He told me that he understands my heart belongs to you." 

The smaller boy melted into the kisses. "What did you just say?" 

Seunghyun stopped kissing and tilted Daesung's face up by his chin, ensuring he had the younger boy's full attention. "Kang Daesung. I love you, with all my heart. From the first day I met you until now, and until the end of time." 

Daesung's eyes shone a bit of that old spark for a fleeting second, then it died out. "No. You're only going to hurt me again." 

"What happened to the little, naive boy who believed everything I said?" 

"He died." 

"Well then maybe this'll bring him back to life." Seunghyun brought their lips together once more. Only this time, Daesung didn't fight back. Both of them tilted their heads and melted into the kiss. After a few seconds, Seunghyun pulled away and looked his lover in the eyes. "I love you." 

"I love you too." Daesung's spark was back and it brought whole new life to Seunghyun. 

"Even if we're both alone. Let's be alone together." Seunghyun started leaning in as he finished his words. 

Daesung closed his eyes and said his peace. "Always." Then their lips touched again and they forgot the entire world as they kissed, no more fear, no more inhibitions, no more distrust, just love. They wrapped their arms around each other so they could press their bodies tighter to one another. The new heat took over their minds, all other thoughts were lost. 

They didn't even notice as the wall, never designed to hold any type of significant weight, crumbled under them. Seunghyun and Daesung fell the three stories towards the ground, arms wrapped around one another and lips entangled. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: This is the single longest chapter I've ever written. *fingers fall off* But there's still more.