The Text Messages

Let's Be Alone Together

A moment of silence for the two subscribers I lost due to the fact that their heart's couldn't take the awesomeness of this fic. *silence*

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Like all good things in life, Daesung's visit had to end, much to the the dismay of Seunghyun. He understood that his blonde haired friend had to go to work, but that doesn't mean Seunghyun was happy about it. Even though it was after dark by the time Daesung left, Seunghyun still wanted more time with him. He wasn't completely upset though, the two did have a certainly interesting day together. It was one of the best days Seunghyun had had in a very, very long time. 

"Be careful getting home!" He waved at his friend as he walked down the driveway to the side walk. "And tell those two to stop having everywhere!" Both boy laughed at this last joke as Seunghyun closed the door to his house. With a sigh he walked back up stairs to his room and plopped down on his bed. I already miss him. The big kid pouted like a child who had gotten his toy taken away. Why can't he stay with me? Seunghyun pouted for a few more moments before he picked up his cell phone for the first time that day. It had fallen in between the bed and the nightstand. He clicked the home button and noticed he had one unread message. Maybe Daesung texted me since we just exchanged numbers! He smiled and hurried to open the text but it wasn't from Daesung, in fact, it was from and unknown number and it was very short. 

Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
I'm sorry. 

Seunghyun didn't like a complete stranger apologizing to him; it made him uncomfortable but he just had to ask. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
For what? 

The reply came before he could even set his phone back down. Was this stranger waiting for me to text them back? 

Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
I'm sorry for how everyone treats you. 

He didn't mean to get as angry as he did, but Seunghyun became enraged. Damnit! Every ing time I'm having a good day something ruins it! I just wanted to at least have one good day! Why did this have to remind me about all the I go through?! I was happy for once! He threw the phone somewhere across the room in the dark, he didn't care where it landed. Seunghyun crawled under his covers and hugged his pillow. I'm alone again. Even though he had had an amazing day for once, he cried himself to sleep like usual. 

****************************************

When he was woken up the next morning by the sound of his ringtone the next morning, Seunghyun had completely forgotten the short conversation which took place just before he fell asleep. In his half-, sleepy haze, Seunghyun searched behind the dresser where he thought he was hearing the ringing come from. After a few seconds he got a grip of his phone and pulled it to his ears, yawning a "hello?" 

"Hey baby!" 

"Oh, goodmorning umma." Seunghyun missed hearing his mother's voice, she was always at work these days. 

"How's my big strong man doing?"

He didn't miss this part. "Come on umma, stop being weird." He still giggled though, which is all she ever wanted.

"I know, I know, you're too cool to joke around with your umma anymore." Seunghyun could hear the pout in her voice. "But that's okay. I'm actually calling to tell you that I'll be working all day. There's an epidemic going around." 

"What kind?" 

"Well, it doesn't seem to be life threatening or anything, but people who catch it start to have flu-like symptoms. So we have to monitor them. No one's as of yet though I have to go now, tell your sister what I said; she won't answer her phone."

"Okay. But umma?"

"Yes honey?"

"Please be careful, we already lost appa, I don't know what I'll do if I lose you too."

"I'll make sure I'm careful, Seunghyun, don't worry about me. I promise."

"Okay, love you. Goodbye."

"Love you too, goodbye." With that, Seunghyun's mother hung up. He worriedly bites his lip. Please let her stay safe. Before his mind could start to wander across the land of usual 'what ifs' he noticed a new unread message. After last night's events he was in no rush to read it, however his finger had a mind of his own and clicked the icon. 

Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Please talk to me. 

Seunghyun was hooked. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Who are you?
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Someone who doesn't deserve your forgiveness. 
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Then why should I talk to you? 
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Because I'm willing to do anything you ask to earn your forgiveness. 

Seunghyun didn't know how to reply, so he didn't. He sat there staring at his phone screen, thinking to himself. I shouldn't fall for this. It's obviously a trap. Then how come I feel sincerity laced in this stranger's words? Maybe I'm just desperate, but who could blame me? After all the hurt I've been through, I just need somebody, anybody. Maybe it's risky, but thing's can't get worse than they already are. I've already hit rock bottom and built a house there. Seunghyun took a deep breath and typed. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Why do you want my forgiveness?
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Because hurting you was the biggest mistake of my life.
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Are you a boy or a girl?
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Does it matter?
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Yes.
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Why?
 
Seunghyun>>>>>>Unknown Number
It just does. 
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
All that matters is that I think you're absolutely beautiful. 

Seunghyun couldn't breathe all of a sudden. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
I'm not beautiful. 
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Yes you are. Inside and out.

Seunghyun's heart stopped working. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
You're insane. 
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Give me a chance and I'll prove to you how beautiful you are. 

With that, Seunghyun died, not literally but his reserves did. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
You can try. 

The two began to talk normally after that and the stranger was actually pretty cool. The stranger liked making jokes and making people laugh, two things which they did extremely well to Seunghyun. They made the tall boy laugh until his stomach hurt with all of their funny stories. The stranger said they weren't the smartest kid in school, but they weren't the dumbest either. The stranger also had a secret love for rap/hip hop music. This led to Seunghyun confessing his own secret love for the genre, both bonded as they talked about various songs and rappers. The stranger also mentioned how they had known Seunghyun for years but had always been too afraid to confess the real feelings. Before they knew it, it was midnight. The two had talked all day and it just breezed by, but it was a school night so they needed their sleep.

Seunghyun was the first to speak up. 

Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
We have school tomorrow, so I have to go.
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
Please don't go.
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
I have to, but I'll text you tomorrow morning. 
 
Unknown Number>>>>>>Seunghyun
Okay, I'll be waiting. Sweet dreams, beautiful.
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
I'm ugly. You don't have to lie.
 
Unknown Number>>>>>Seunghyun
You're the only one lying now, beautiful. Go to sleep and dream of me. I'll be dreaming of you. Goodnight. 
 
Seunghyun>>>>>Unknown Number
Goodnight. 

For once in a long time, Seunghyun fell asleep with a pure smile. 

****************************************

Seunghyun was so happy the next morning between his new friend and getting to go on the field trip with Daesung that the whole morning was a blur. Before he knew it he was running to the field trip bus, he was late.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Yang!" Seunghyun was panting and sweating, he had just made it on the bus in time.

"Just get in the empty seat right there." Mr. Yang pointed to the only empty seat on the bus, it was the very first seat, the one everyone avoided. Oh well, at least I got a seat to myself. Seunghyun pulled out his phone and texted 'The Stranger', he liked the way it sounded so mysterious, which it kind of was. 

Seunghyun>>>>>The Stranger
Good morning, how are you today? 

Instead of waiting for a response, Seunghyun turned to the back of the bus to make sure his partner had gotten on. He saw the blonde haired boy all the way in the back. When Daesung noticed Seunghyun he started eye-smiling and waving like a child. "Hey Seunghyun! Thanks for teaching me how to---"

"SHUT UP DAESUNG!" The rude cut off didn't go unnoticed by Daesung, who just pouted and slunk back into his seat. Judging by their curious stares, Seunghyun's classmates noticed too. Seunghyun simply sank back down in the seat and sighed. Then he felt his phone vibrate. 

The Stranger>>>>>Seunghyun
I'm great! I get to see my crush soon!
 
Seunghyun>>>>>The Stranger
That's great! I'm doing good too, we have a field trip today!

Suddenly the bus doors were thrown open revealing another student. Judging by the new arrival's panting, sweating state, Seunghyun wasn't the only person who had gotten there late. Mr. Yang didn't even give them a chance to apologize. "Just get in the empty spot next to Seunghyun, Tablo." 

Tablo offered Seunghyun an extremely uncharacteristically shy smile as he sat down next to him in the seat. All Seunghyun could do in response was cower as far against the window and away from Tablo as he could manage. Then he pulled out his phone.

Seunghyun>>>>>Stranger
Screw that. My day's going terrible, I want to die. I have to sit next to the worst human being on earth. 

Seunghyun refused to even look at the topic of his last message. He simply stared out of the window. Out of sight. Out of mind. That mantra proved false as Seunghyun heard Tablo's shocked gasp all of a sudden. Feeling more curious about his new seat-mate than he wanted to admit, Seunghyun turned towards Tablo to see what had happened. At the same time Tablo turned towards Seunghyun, holding his phone screen towards the taller boy. 

A single tear slipped out of Tablo's right eye as he spoke, "Is this what you really think of me?"

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: But Tablo's an ! But there messages were so sweet! But! But! *bangs head against wall* Guys, my mind can't even deal with this right now. Can yours? Upvote, subscribe, and comment to tell me what you think haha. Adios! ^_^

Guys, i'm losing my mind. I finished this chapter yesterday and thought I had update. So I was sitting here all sad wondering why I have no comments or anything. Turns out, I never unchecked "hide chapter". *face-palms* I'm an idiot lol