The Partnership

Let's Be Alone Together

A week had passed since Daesung and Seunghyun's little staring contest and the latter hadn't looked at the former since. Daesung sighed in his desk. I thought we were becoming friends. He looked across the classroom at Seunghyun. He sighed again. All he ever does is look at his paper, why can't he look at me?

Little did Daesung know, even though Seunghyun wasn't looking at him. He sure was thinking about him. He's looking at me again. I can feel it. Little Seunghyun can feel it too. Aish, why does he have this affect on me? Boys aren't supposed to have this affect on me. No matter how cute, adorable, angelic, innocent, and just delicious they look. AISH! Not again! Go down Little Seunghyun! Go down! Seunghyun had been having this mental--and physical--battle with himself everyday for the last week. He couldn't explain it; that boy across the class from him just seemed to have some kind of effect on him. Just as he was about to break his spell of not looking at Daesung, Mr. Yang stood up to get the class's attention.  

"Well class, I just got an email and it has some great news!" Everyone in the class got excited and started asking where they were going.

"Are we going to the zoo?!"

"No."

"Are we going to the movies?!"

"Nope."

"Are we going to the park?!"

"Nah."

"Oh! I know! The amusement park."

"Nope, not this time."

"OMG! ARE WE GOING TO THE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE CONCERT?!"

Mr. Yang face-palmed, "Seungri, shut up." The class broke out into laughter. Seungri didn't think it was funny and just pouted. "Okay class, calm down. I'll tell you where we're going..." he took a dramatic pause to build up excitement "...to the art museum!" 

There was no excitement. Absolutely none whatsoever. 

Seungri spoke everyone's thoughts, "Do we have to?"

"Yes you have to!" Mr. Yang was a little offended no one liked his idea. The class groaned in response. "Anyway, you also have to have partners and complete a pre-field trip assignment." The class groaned again. "I'll be assigning your partners, and if you all groan one more time so help me god..." The class stayed silent but their unhappiness was written all over their faces. 

Mr. Yang started calling out pairs of names and Seunghyun began to zone out. Suddenly he heard his name being called. "Seunghyun and..." Please by Youngbae, please be Youngbae. "...Lee Hi."

"HELL NO!" It took Seunghyun a minute to realize it was he who had said that. He had jumped out of his desk and screamed his objections out of pure reaction. 

"Excuse me?"

Seunghyun quickly made up an excuse. "Oh no disrespect sir but um, art museums have images of women, right?"

Mr. Yang took the bait. "Mhm, go on." 

"Well it's just that I'll feel uncomfortable looking at pictures of that nature with a girl next to me." It was a valid excuse, even if it was extremely fake.

Knowing all too well what happens when Seunghyun gets those thoughts, Mr. Yang covered his with his hands and quickly agreed to let Seunghyun get a new partner. "Okay, I understand. Just wait and I'll see who you'll work with." Seunghyun sighed a breath of relief and sat down. "Well, let's see, that means that Lee Hi is with Tablo." Tablo flashed the cheesiest smile in Lee Hi's direction. 

"HELL NO!" It was her turn to scream her objections. 

"Oh come on! What now?!" Mr. Yang was exasperated. 

"Well, it's just that, I'll be uncomfortable looking at pictures of people while I'm standing next to a boy is all." Lee Hi feigned innocence and tilted her head down.

Tablo spoke up. "Oh no! I'll be really careful!" Even Mr. Yang noticed the erted look on Tablo's face.

"Um okay, let's see. Lee Hi and Dara."

Neither of them had a problem with it, Dara was Youngbae's sister after all. 

"Tablo and Youngbae."

Youngbae was as friendly as ever. Tablo on the other hand was very upset. Oh joy, I get to work with the midget that has my would-be girlfriend's attention. He tilted his head. He is kind of cute though. 

"And finally, Daesung and Seunghyun." 

Both of them let out a shocked sound and then just looked at each other. 

"Okay class, go meet your partners and begin your assignments!" 

The rest of the class hurried to their new partners while Seunghyun slowly walked over to the empty seat in front of Daesung next to the window. It was obvious that he was uncomfortable with the situation; he couldn't even look Daesung in the eyes. 

Feeling awkward, Daesung tried to make conversation, "What a beautiful day we're having huh?" he gave Seunghyun an eye smile. 

Seunghyun didn't even look up from his paper, "it's raining." 

"What?" Daesung looked up from his paper to the window. "Oh, well I guess it is." He pouted. Daesung didn't notice as Seunghyun stared at him. 

Suddenly the bell went off and the two still had a good amount of work to do. Daesung spoke up, "You should come to my house so we can finish." 

Seunghyun was scared of what would happen if he was in a room alone with Daesung. "No that's okay, I don't want to be a bother."

"No! It's fine! I'll be the only one there anyway! Come on!" He packed his bag and then stood up, expecting Seunghyun to follow him.

Oh , it's not a room alone with him; it's an entire house! He couldn't resist Daesung's eye smile though. He sighed, "fine, but just until we finish." 

The two of them walked, well ran, to Daesung's house because of the rain. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When they stepped into Daesung's house he immediately took off his shirt and then turned towards Seunghyun. Seunghyun stopped in his tracks. Oh my god, it's like one of those dirty movies Umma told me never to watch. His draw dropped. 

Daesung spoke up, "I'm going change my shirt since it's so wet. You can go sit on the couch in the living room." Daesung turned and then walked to his room. Seunghyun on the other hand was frozen in the spot, watching him walk away. Look at that body, why can't I have a body like that? It looks so... Seunghyun immediately stopped the train of thought when he felt an all too familiar feeling in his pants. He quickly ran to the sofa and sat his note book on top of his crotch. Ugh, that angel, he's too innocent to even know what he does to me. Little Seunghyun nodded his approval. As if on cue Daesung entered the living room and sat on the couch. Thankfully he was wearing a shirt now. They both got to work.

They worked in silence for a few minutes before they started moving closer together. Neither of them noticed. As more papers got finished their bodies got closer and closer. Their heads and faces got closer and closer until they both leaned in to far, paying attention to their papers, and they smacked one another's forehead. 

"I'm so sorry!" They both said in unison. Then they started laughing at their 'twinning' moment. Suddenly the laughs stopped as their eyes locked on to one another. They were so close. The room got hotter and heavier. They moved closer. There was nothing in the world but them and that moment. They closed their eyes. They tilted their heads. They moved closer. Lips almost touching...

"HEY DAESUNG! JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I'M BRINGING Y BACK!" Seungri laughed at his own joke as he burst through the front door. Daesung panicked and feel over the back of the couch, screaming. Seungri ran to his friend and noticed Seunghyun. "What happened?!" 

Seeing how speechless Daesung was, Seunghyun quickly spoke up from his spot on the couch. "Well, you see, Daesung here said that we were too old for toys and I lost my cool. I know I shouldn't of done it but he disrespected my toys man. I had to attack him." 

Now Seungri was just as speechless as Daesung. 

"Look, I'm gonna go." Seunghyun grabbed his stuff and quickly ran out of the living room. He only stopped long enough to say one last thing to Daesung, "I'm sorry for what happened just now." Then he was gone. 

Seungri helped his friend off the floor, "he should be sorry, that monster. You okay Daesung?"

Daesung was in his own world, his mind just kept replaying what almost happened. He wasn't even focusing on his friend.

Seungri spoke up again, "Look at you, he broke you."

Daesung just smiled in response. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Wait, did they almost...? No way! *wink wink* Haha subscribe, upvote, and comment to tell me your thoughts on this chapter.