The Lie

Let's Be Alone Together

A/N: *grabs mic* This one goes out to all you amazing commentators and subscribers! *starts singing* "I'm so sorry but I love you!"

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It was nearly the end of the school day for Daesung. It had been 8 hours of hell for him. Absolute nerve-wracking, bone shaking, teeth clinching, terrifying hell. All day he tried to make sure that Mr. Kang hadn't read his journal. After getting back to class and teaching for a little bit, Mr. Yang gave the students their assignment and went to his desk. Daesung watched as his teacher's eyes scanned the cover of the notebook. His normally small eyes grew wide as a doll's when Mr. Yang picked up the notebook. And he almost let out a scream as he saw the teacher grab the bottom right corner of it, as if he was about to open it. Luckily for him, and his sanity, a student raised his hand at that very moment and the teacher had to leave his desk to attend the student. After that, Mr. Yang seemed to have forgotten about the journal completely. 

When the bell rang telling the students it was lunch time, Daesung tried to stay in the class. All he ever did for lunch was sit alone anyway. He could stay in his desk and do that. 

"Aren't you going to eat, Daesung?" His teacher raised an eyebrow as he peered over at the lone survivor in his deserted class room.

"Oh no sir, I'm not hungry." Daesung plastered on a smile, hoping it reached his eyes. 

"Well that's too bad, I'm starving. You're gonna have to leave so I can lock the class up."

Daesung's smile dropped immediately and his bottom lip poked out ever so slightly. "Oh, okay then." He got out of his desk and dragged his feet as he walked out of the class. 

When he returned from his lonely lunch he noticed that his journal was in the exact position he had last seen it an hour ago before he walked out. Thank god, I worried for nothing. He has to teach for the rest of the day so he doesn't have time to read it. Daesung let out a much needed sigh of relief.

That is until the end of the day. The bell went off and all the kids ran out of class like their lives depended on it. Daesung however moved incredibly slowly, As if he was a spy in a movie, infiltrating the villain's secret hideout, he tried to do everything silently. He slowly silently slid his chair out from under his desk. He silently stood up. He silently put on his school bag. He silently stepped out from behind his desk...BAM! He knocked down his chair, and it wasn't very silent. He stood up straight and stayed perfectly still.

"Daesung, am I stupid?"

Oh no. Mr. Yang knows I'm here now. He can see me! Daesung shut his eyes tight.

"Daesung, even if your eyes are closed, mine are still open."

Oh yea. I'm a . Daesung put on another smile, closing his tiny eyes and making it an eye smile. He even put his hand up to scratch the back of his head at the same time. Well this is as cute as I'm gonna get. He gave a little giggle, "Oh well you see Mr. Yang I was kind of hop----"

"Do you want your journal back Daesung?"

"OMO! Yes! Yes!" Daesung sprinted to his teacher's desk and then got on his knees clasping his hands together.

"Aish, get up. You're embarrassing me." 

Daesung rose up and was handed his journal by Mr. Yang. "Thank you so much!" He turned to walk away then he realized that his teacher was still holding on to his journal. Daesung turned back around and was immediately caught in Mr. Yang's powerful gaze. It wasn't scary or intimidating. It was just strong. Strong, soft, and caring.

"Daesung, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you."

"Oh wow! Look at the time!" Daesung gives a nervous chuckle. "I must be going to work now! So long!" Daesung grabbed his journal and awkwardly walked/ran out of the class.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Seunghyun had just gotten back to his post at work, the drive-thru window. There weren't many customers so his mind began to wonder. I wonder why that Daesung kid doesn't like me. I thought I was being nice. His stomach grumbled and he looked down at it. Oh yea, that's why. He sighed and looked up to see his co-worker ing a bag of food and a drink at him. "This is for the girl rolling up."

"Okay." Seunghyun stood up straight and waited at his window for the car to appear. All of a sudden a black 2013 Ford Mustang drove up to the window, a little distance away. Wow. Such a beautiful car. I bet the driver is just as beautiful. As if on cue the window rolled down revealing the last person he would ever want to see, Lee Hi. 

"Hi, Seunghyun! I didn't know you work here! Youngbae didn't tell me! She emphasized Seunghyun's friend's name. 

"Oh, yea, well now you do!" Seunghyun tried to sound cheery but the sarcasm in his voice came out the tiniest bit too strong. 

Lee Hi's eyes narrowed and her fake smile flat-lined. All of a sudden her face lit back up. It wasn't happiness, it lit up like an evil-scientist's face does when his creation comes to life. "Aren't you gonna give me my food Seunghyun?"

"Oh of course." He reached out the food but she had parked just out of reach. "Could you reach out for it too? You're parked kind of far away you know." 

"Oh, silly me." She reached out her arm and Seunghyun reached his out a little further to make the trade off. Right before the bag touched her fingers though, Lee Hi suddenly pulled back a very little bit. She smirked. "Could you please stretch a little further?" Seunghyun did but it wasn't enough. If I reach any further I'm gonna get stuck. That would be too embarrassing. He began to sweat. 

As if she could read his mind, "What's wrong Seunghyun? You're sweating. Are you nervous? Scared you're gonna get stuck?" She let out a laugh. In any other situation it would be considered cute. "Oh wells, suddenly I'm not very hungry anyway." Then she just drove off, leaving Seunghyun leaning halfway out of a window with a bag of food in his hand. He couldn't do it, he broke down. Seunghyun hauled himself back into the window, threw his hat on the ground and then stormed out from behind the counter. He charged through the seating area in the restaurant, not caring if he knocked tables and chairs out of his way. Once he made it to the street he started running. Why?! I don't want to be like this! Why do they all look at me like this is my fault! I don't want to be disgusting! So lost in his thoughts he didn't notice the boy his age walk into his path until he knocked him down. The two fell together, with Seunghyun landing on top of him.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"What the hell man?!" Daesung was furious, he looked up to see who his attacker was when he saw that face that had been in his head all day. He froze. At a loss for words, he just looked up at the kid from his class who was the only one to ever beat him there. All of a sudden he felt tears running down his face. Aish, am I crying? It didn't hurt that bad. Then Daesung took a closer look. No, he's crying. "Are you okay?"

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Seunghyun didn't have the heart to answer, he just lifted himself off of Daesung and ran to his house. Once he got there he saw that his sister and mother's cars weren't in the driveway. He was home alone. Always alone. He stormed through the door and ran straight to his room. Once he got there he crashed into his bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. All of a sudden he remembered seeing his reflection crying in the past. That time he had been crying because he was too small to get with his sister to the amusement park. Back then, only his head could be seen in the now waist-level mirror. Back then I was too small. Now I'm too big. More tears fell. They told me I'd grow up to be big and strong. I got big. But not strong. I'm weak. I'm a baby who cries when people say mean things to me. Because they're all true. More tears fell. I'm disgusting, look at me. A waste of space. A waste of a lot of space. More tears fell. "AHHH!" He screamed and then punched the mirror exactly where his face's reflection was. Then he ran to the toilet and stuck his finger down his throat. Come on! I know my fingers aren't too fat for this! He pushed his finger in further and then got the reaction he wanted. A few minutes later was laying on the floor sobbing next to the toilet. It had fresh vomit in it. 

"Hello? Seunghyun? You okay bro?" The hell is Youngbae doing here. Seunghyun tried to dry his tears before his friend came into the bathroom. He was too slow. "Seunghyun! What's wrong?!" He ran to be at his friend's side.

"Oh nothing, I just caught a little stomach ache is all." Seunghyun couldn't tell Youngbae that the reason for his sadness was his girlfriend.

"You sure? Lee Hi called me worried about you. She said she had seen you crying at work and then you stormed out. I came here to see if you were okay. The front door was wide open so I really got scared and came in here to check up on you."

"I'm fine. My stomach was just really hurting me. I had to get home and take some medicine." Seunghyun faked a smile to show Youngbae how happy he was. It didn't work.

"Don't lie to me man. You've been crying. Are they bullying you again?"

"No, I swear it was just my stomach."

"We both know that's a lie. Who was it?" Youngbae looked at Seunghyun and clenched his jaw, he was angry.

He looks so much better happy, I can't tell him the truth. Then he'll be heartbroken. "Just a few kids that come in the store sometimes. It's my fault, I shouldn't have been such a baby." 

"No, it's not your fault." He hugged his friend. "I'm sorry they treat you like that."

Seunghyun hugged him back, "I know."

With his arms still wrapped around Seunghyun, Youngbae looked at him and smiled, "You know I still love you right?"

"AISH! Stop being awkward!" Seunghyun pushed him off and ran out the bathroom.

"No! Baby come back!" The two were laughing like crazy while Youngbae chased Seunghyun around his room. Yea, he looks so much better happy. 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daesung entered the club he worked at. Why was he crying? He looked so hurt. Still lost in his thoughts, Daesung walked into his boss's, Se7en's, office, forgetting to knock. "Here's the McDonald's you wanted me to get for you sir!" Daesung looked up and to his surprise all he saw was Bobby. He was sitting in Se7en's chair at his desk with his hands behind his head and a smirk on his face.

"I don't think that'll be necessary Daesung, Se7en found better things to eat." Bobby smirked at his word-play. It flew right over Daesung's head.

"Oh? Like what? Italian food? Oh my god, I love Italian food! Does he have any left?" Daesung would have kept going on and on if Se7en wouldn't of suddenly popped his head up from underneath his desk, right in front of Bobby.

"OH! Daesung! You're back!" Se7en rubbed his head nervously.

"What are you doing down there?" Then it clicked. The shut door. The smug Bobby. The nervous Se7en. Daesung's face turned 15 different shades of red. "Oh my god! Not again! Come on! Do that at home!" Daesung stormed out of the office leaving a very embarrassed Se7en and a very content Bobby in the room.

"I wonder where he's going," Bobby questioned aloud.

"Probably to the bathroom again," Se7en answered back. They both laughed.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N: I think this is my longest chapter yet! But it's my favorite one so far so its okay haha. Ugh, my emotions were all over the place during this one! Seunghyun made me wanna just cry but Daesung made me laugh. That's what I really want, a story that can make people laugh and cry at the same time. Those are the best kinds. Is it working? Why don't you comment and let me know (shameless plug in) But seriously, I love hearing what all of you have to say. Feel free to subscribe and take this crazy journey with me as I write it. Upvotes are nice as well! ^_^

P.S. There's nothing, nor will there every be anything romantic between Youngbae and Seunghyun, it's just that I would hate myself in Seunghyun truly had no one at all. Plus it helps add a little drama to the story. *evil laugh*