The Senior Year

Let's Be Alone Together

"YAH! Choi Seunghyun! You better wake up before I get in there!" 

"Or what?!" It was his first day of school and Seunghyun desperately wanted to pretend to be asleep in hopes that his older sister would just leave him be for once, but he couldn't resist challenging her. He never could.

"Or else I'll beat you all the way to Mars!" She yelled, barging into his room.

"Yea, well you are an alien." He muttered as he dragged himself out of bed and pretty much crawled to his bathroom.

"At least I wear clothes." She giggled back as she ran out of his room.

Seunghyun was far too tired to try and figure out what his sister was talking about as he closed his bathroom door and walked over to his sink. He brushed his teeth in a sleepy daze, eye lids barely open until a little toothpaste dripped off the toothbrush and landed on his belly. "Ugh, i'm so fat." He muttered as he looked down at his larger than normal stomach. Then he realized what his sister had been talking about. He was . . He screamed and ran to his room to put on some clothes. It had been really hot in his room last night and he figured he could just slip out of his clothes, I mean, he was in his own room. Unfortunately even he forgot how much of a bingu he was and didn't remember to get dressed when he woke up. 

After finally getting dressed and as ready for school as he ever was, he walked down to the kitchen to get his breakfast. 

"Hey honey!" That was his umma, though he loved her with all his heart, it was too early in the morning for cheeriness. Not to mention that it the first day of his senior year of high school. Freshman year hadn't been so great.

"Good morning Umma" he responded dryly. 

"Aww is my son to cool to talk to his umma in the mornings now?" His mother asked with mock sadness.

"Yep" He responded, then they just looked at each other. After a few seconds they both broke into laughter. That's why he loved his family so much, they always knew how to laugh together. "You know I'll never be too cool for my umma." Seunghyun said as he got up from his plate of waffles and hugged her.

"You were too cool for clothes this morning." Giggled Bom as she walked around the corner into the kitchen, hugging her umma along the way.

"Honey, what are you talking about?" She questioned Bom as Seunghyun moved around nervously.

"Well, this morning you sent me to wake up lazy boy over here, well guess what? He forgot to put on cl---"

"I HAVE TO GO! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!" cut in Seunghyun as he dashed out of the house, grabbing his school bag on the way. He could deal with Bom teasing him, but his umma finding out would just be too much. He walked as slow as ever to school, he just wasn't ready to deal with the same kids who made his freshman year hell. He knew was too tall. He knew he was too fat. He didn't need to hear it all the time. His thoughts were consuming him as he was walking to school, not really paying attention when a boy shorter than him with blonde hair ran past him, knocking him down in the process. 

"OMO! OMO! I'm so sorry! Mianhae! I'd love to help you but I gotta go! Mianhae!" screamed the boy as he ran into the building. 

"Well that was rude." Seunghyun muttered to himself as he dusted off. But at least he said sorry. He thought to himself. No one ever says sorry.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Daesung's morning hadn't been going much better than Seunghyun's. He had woken up extremely late and had to rush to get ready. With barely any time he looked into the mirror in his bedroom to check his appearance. You are not ugly. He thought to himself. Those other kids are just blind. You're not ugly. Average maybe. But not ugly. He tried to tell himself that every morning when he looked into the mirror, but after the freshman year he had, it was getting harder and harder to believe. 

His stomach growled as he ran into the school building. He didn't eat breakfast. There was no one there to cook it for him and he didn't have time. His parents were always away at work and his sister Minzy was staying at a friend's house. They were the same age but she was way more popular than him. So much so that barely anyone knew they were related. It's not that she had a problem telling people, he just didn't want her to tell anyone. He was scared that if people knew they were related people would start treating Minzy like they treated him and he couldn't bare to see that happen to his sister. 

As he sat in his seat he finally exhaled. He always tried to get to school before the other kids got to class. At least that way he'd run into as few possible bullies as he could. Look what those s have done to me. He was thinking to himself and doodling in his journal when he happened to watch as a really tall, kind of chunky boy walked into his class. Why can't I look like him. Sure he's awkwardly tall and hefty, but it can't be denied that he's beautiful. Daesung didn't notice he had been staring at the boy until the boy gave him a strange look. Then he hurried up and looked down and commenced his doodling until his pencil was abruptly taken from his hand. He looked up, expecting to see another one of the kids messing with him but to his happiness it was just his best friend, Lee Seunghyun messing with him as always.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

First he knocks me down. Now he stares at me like I'm a monster. Great, another person who hates me. Thought Seunghyun as he sat down across the class from the other kid. Suddenly a piece of paper hit the back of his head, he turned around slowly, half expecting to see some girls and guys laughing at him as always. 

"Yah! I've been calling your name for like 2 hours!" It was just Dong Youngbae, his best friend, no his brother. He was about to throw the paper back in good fun when the teacher suddenly entered and coughed to get the class's attention.

"Hello class! I am Yang Hyunsuk. I shall be your teacher for this school year. I expect the utmost respect and will give you the same. Are we understood?" 

"Yes sir." responded the class. 

"Great! Now let's start another year!"

Ugh, not another year. Thought Seunghyun and Deasung at the same time. If only they knew how alone they really weren't.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N Hey peoples, *waves* this is my first chapter i've ever written on here and i'm super nervous *touches fingers together like Dara* haha but seriously, please comment if you like it, or even if you don't. If you think there's something I could do to make my writing better please tell me, in the mean time, thanks for reading!