It Strike

Never Be The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungho’s POV

Filming ended earlier than expected. Everyone packed up and we all hurried to the van eager to go home and get some nice long rest.  I went inside and sat at the back were me and Sanghyun always sat.

 

Then Sanghyun went inside and looked at my direction. I tapped the seat beside me signalling him to come over but to my surprise he averted his gaze and sat beside Joon who was in front of me.

 

I frowned. I don’t know if he just ignored me, because I’m pretty sure that he looked at me, or maybe he really didn’t see me. Mir who went after him was shocked too because Sanghyun usually doesn’t do that. So since the maknae’s seat was taken he had no choice but to sit beside me. And Byunghee who happened to see it confusedly looked at me but then shrugged it and went at the front seat.

 

This is making me uneasy. Since this morning he has been acting strange, ever since he asked if I know what today was he’s been gloomy and seems like avoiding me. And when I do talk to him he makes sure that he won’t meet my eyes. Why?

 

I tried to remember if I did something wrong but I didn’t recollect anything. Of course I cheated behind his back but he doesn’t know it so there may be another reason why he was acting weird. I sighed, tiredness was overcoming me. I’ll think about it at home. Then I dozed off.

 

Silence enveloped the whole ride.

 

---

 

Finally. I plumped myself on my bed. I was really feeling down, Sanghyun completely ignored me as he hastily went inside his room. I don’t really get what was happening. I harshly sat up on the bed and ruffled my hair in frustration. What’s so important today anyway?

 

Hmm let’s see... I went on my desk and grabbed my calendar that I usually don’t look at. I raised a brow, the date today was marked. And the almighty me forgot what today was.

 

February 19? Hmmm. Suddenly I was hit by the realization. sh*t. It was our anniversary. I slapped my forehead because of my stupidity. How in the hell did I forget such an important day?

 

I huffed and cursed myself. Sanghyun had the every right to ignore me because of it. I didn’t even prepare anything today, I was always too busy that that it slipped my mind. Yeah too busy ing someone. Seungho!

 

I looked at the time, 1:30 pm. It’s still early, I can still surprise him. I was about to change and went out when I remembered something.  Gyuri, I promised to call and meet up with her later.

 

Now what will I do? I promised her, but today is mine and Sanghyun’s anniversary. I sighed, my lover is my first priority today.

 

I fished out my phone and dialled her number. While waiting for her to answer I think and make up an excuse. I can’t possibly say ‘Hey it’s my anniversary with my boyfriend today, I can’t meet you up’ didn’t I. She never even had a clue that I was dating, and that I’m seeing a guy. If she knew, she would have not approach me from the start.

 

“Hello, oppa?” I cleared my throat.

 

“Gyuri-ah, I umm...” What will I tell her?

 

“What is it oppa? Are coming to my place now?” she happily asked.

 

 I felt sorry for her. “I-ah, I can’t...”

 

“Hmmm what oppa?” she said cutely.

 

I immediately felt guilty. “I can’t come tonight.”

 

“...”

 

“Gyuri-ah?” I nervously waited for her.

 

“Why?” Her voice was sad.

 

I sighed. “The members and I were going to eat outside for dinner. It was rare for it to happen, I just couldn’t say no.” I lied.

 

“Then can I come with you?” she cheered.

 

I widen my eyes. “No!”

 

“Huh what?” she asked, shock was evident on her voice.

 

“I mean, umm you can’t, it was just the five of us.” I massaged the bridge of my nose. “...and they’ll just get awkward if accompanied by a girl.”

 

“Hmm oppa~~~” she pleaded.

 

“Sorry but please, maybe next time we can hang out together with them.” I lied again. There’s no way I’ll let her and Sanghyun meet.

 

I heard her huffed. “Fine, next time then.”

 

I smiled, relieved. “Thank you, so see you soon.” I bid.

 

“Yeah, see ya! I love you.” She then ended the call. I love you huh...

 

I sadly stared at my phone. Sorry Gyuri, you won’t ever hear it from me.

 

---

 

I quickly changed and went out of my room just to stumble upon Sanghyun. “Hyung, where are you going?” he asked. I can’t possibly tell him I’m planning to surprise him.

 

“Just... somewhere.” I lamely excused myself and hurried to the door, leaving my confused lover.

 

I went to my car and drove off. I started thinking how to surprise him. I can’t possibly treat him to a fancy dinner, everyone would look at us strangely, I don’t mind but Sanghyun would not like it. We’re both guys after all.

 

But I just couldn’t think of something and decided to buy a gift for him first instead. I drove to the jewerly store, there’s something that he really wanted to buy for us but never did have a chance to. Couple rings...

 

“Welcome sir.” I waved at the salesman and looked at the glass caskets. I then searched for something that would fit me and Sanghyun. I smiled when I found what I want, a gold plated heart and lock couple ring. The lock was enclosing the heart as if locking it inside. And the heart was engraved by silver crystals.

 

“Found what you like sir?” the man asked me. I nodded and pointed the rings.

 

He smiled. “For you girlfriend?”

 

“Yeah.” I said not wanting to say it’s a guy.

 

“Then I’ll wrap these up.” He said then took the rings, one that fits with me and one that was a lot smaller for the ‘girl.’

 

“Wait.” I stopped him. “Um could you give me a bigger size for the girl? Perhaps like my size?” I asked.

 

The salesman confusedly looked at me. “Sir, the only bigger sizes are for males.”

 

“I know.” I chuckled. “My girlfriend’s hand is big.” I shyly smiled.

 

He laughed. “Got it sir.”

 

I was watching him wrap the rings while spacing out and thinking of what to do next after this. “You must really love your girlfriend.” He suddenly spoke that I didn’t manage to hear what he said.

 

“I’m sorry?” I asked politely.

 

The salesman smiled. “These rings symbolize eternity sir, the lock with a heart inside means ‘together with you forever’, so I think that you really love this woman because you chose these rings out of any other much good looking ones.” He said.

 

I was taken aback. “I-I just think that it suits hi-err her.”  But it is true that I just randomly pick those rings because I thought that it would suit Sanghyun’s gentle nature. But then again to think that my eyes were glued to those rings the moment I saw them, maybe I should start questioning my feelings for him again. Do I still want to have a forever with him?

 

He smiled once again and finished the wrapping. “Here it is sir.” He handed it to me. I mumbled a thank you then bowed. But before leaving he told me. “Sir?”

 

“Yeah?” I asked.

 

“It’s not a coincidence that you decided to pick those rings.” He bowed. “Have a good day.”

 

I stared at him for some moment then sighed. “Thank you.” I left ignoring all he said. I don’t think I’m ready for an ‘eternity’.

 

---

 

After I left the jewerly shop I drove around Seoul finding a nice spot for the celebration of our anniversary. It must be something breathtakingly beautiful but also quiet and less people at the same time. I don’t think people will appreciate two guys celebrating their three year anniversary.

 

“Damn it.” I hit the brakes and slam my hands on the wheel. All places that I went to were no good. I looked at my watch. I left the shop at around three o’ clock and now it’s already eight in the evening. That means I’ve been driving for five hours already and I still can’t find a nice place.

 

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the car seat. I tried to recall some place that the two of us always visit, but I knit my brows when I remembered that I already checked all those places.

 

I opened my eyes and stared at space. There must be something that I missed. Someplace that became memorable to us, something that was stubbornly imprinted on us.

 

Something very important... I tried again and closed my eyes.

 

“You said that you love me?” Sanghyun asked.

 

“Yeah... I love you.”

 

I snapped when I recalled those words that came from my mouth before. The time that I confessed, when I felt those heartfelt feeling the strongest.

 

It was at Han River.

 

I hit my head. Why didn’t I think of it before? I smiled and started the engine of my car feeling really accomplished. I’ll invite Sanghyun to a picnic at Han River.

 

Ring ring ring! My phone rang. I answered it without looking at the caller form too much excitement on my plan. “Hello?”

 

“Oppa!” A loud voice welcomed me on the other line. I had to lift the phone away from my ears.

 

“Yah, Gyuri-ah. What is it?” I asked. It seems that she was in some club because I can hear a full blast of bass.

 

“Why don’t you ditch your group mates and come over? I’m in a club!” she said. Her voice was a little slurry.

 

“Are you drunk?” I concernedly asked.

 

She hissed stubbornly. “No I’m not!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter