Forgotten

Never Be The Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I used third person's POV for this chapter. Enjoy reading everyone ^___^

 

 

Tonight, the moon is at its peak. The fantastic glimmer it brought which somewhat resembles the sun’s rays, radiated to the night sky and bathed the sea and sand with serene light of calmness. Two people who are at the shore under the protection of the moon were not excluded by its light but one of them was not included by the calmness of it.

 

“Ah h-hey.” Joon stuttered a greeting. His mind is in turmoil, because of two reasons. One, he was distracted by Sanghyun’s tears and badly want to know what happened. Two, his plate fell. His food that he didn’t even had the chance to get a bite.

 

Sanghyun didn’t falter his gaze on his hyung. No, he wasn’t surprised that his Joonie hyung would be at the shore. Because, weird or not, his hyung has this perfect timing of popping out of nowhere when he was lonely… or when he needed him. Sanghyun believed that it’s a cute special skill that only Joon is capable of. And he liked to think that.

 

He smiled and lightly wiped his tears.“Hi hyung.” His voice was cheery that one won’t be able to tell that he’s been crying, not until you see his tear streaked face.

 

Joon grooved his brows, confused by the sudden change of feat. He sighed and opted to squat beside Sanghyun before he says anything else. While on the process, he laid the one untouched plate on the sand, parallel to him. And all the while, the younger lay unmoving at the action.

 

“Hmn…” Joon has no clue where to start. So instead, he figured to be just random like he usually does. “Nice night isn’t it?” He cheekily grinned then settled his back flat on the sand and put his arms under his head while he look at the multimillions of stars floating at the dark space.

 

Sanghyun, surprised by his willy-nilly behavior, frowned at him. But then he quickly dismissed it when he thought that Joon is just being Joon, as per usual. He didn’t say a word for a response but rather, he hugged his knees to his chest, rested his chin and looked up at the sky as well.

 

The night is silent, both not wanting to speak after Joon’s unpredictable stunt. If it’s not for the soft breeze of the wind and the splashing sounds of the sea, the atmosphere would be filled with awkwardness.

 

After gazing at the starry skies, Sanghyun settled on counting the sea shells that the waves would splatter on the shore to shove the little awkwardness and at the same time, the grief that he is still feeling. He was already at his fifteenth when Joon bravely broke the eerie silence.

 

“Is it about him again?”

 

Sanghyun flinched but still he continued to count for wanting to avoid the question. 16…17…18...19..— “Sanghyun, please…” The younger exhaled. He can’t possibly ignore the latter forever. So he nodded meekly and buried his head deeper on his knees.

 

Joon then sat up and rested his left arm on the sand and bend his body to face Sanghyun who is shaped in a ball. He used his right arm and pat the younger’s head and caress the buried plump cheek of Sanghyun and lightly lifted some weight to make the younger turn and look at him.

 

Sanghyun was hesitant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter