Giving up

I Don't Know

 

We were lying around and chatted, trying to get to know each other when Kris suddenly said "Let's just go home for today"
"Huh.. But what about our club activity? I was looking forward to eat D.O's cooking" Chen said grumpily, sitting up while rubbing his eyes as he just awake from his nap. Xiumin just chuckled and I quietly awed at Chen's cuteness.
"For everyone's sake Chen-ah... You do that even at the dorm" Kris said as a matter of fact, he continued "Plus, its getting late and there's no way I'm running around like this" referring to his still tied.. Cuffed hand.
"Okay... Lets hang out at the C department's dorm anyway. You're coming right, Tao?" Chen said in a pleading voice.
"I can?" I asked hesitantly, "what are you saying? Of course you can!" Kai said as he hugged me.
I nodded hesitantly and tried to smile, "ok then.."
 
"Oh yea. What about you, Tao? Where do you live? Do you stay at the dorm or your house? Do you live near here?" Suho asked, standing up as he dusted off his pant.
I stood up, copying his action (others do too) and answered "Ah.. I applied to live at the dorm but my house is near, so I can go back there anytime I want.. "
"Oh! Nice. All of us were about the same. Mostly we spent our our time at the dorm anyway because at home, we just do nothing. Since everything is given to us. Here... It's more home-like feel even though its a dorm" Luhan said in somewhat happy mixed with longing tone.  
"Oh.." I said as I didn't want to invade his privacy.
 
We started to walked off from the soccer field.
"But even though our room is divided by which department we're in, we still find ourselves sleeping in other's room sometimes because there's no rule saying that we can't do so. Our school care a lot about students' bonding and social life. Thus, we're allowed to go out from the school ground after school, to work or just hang out. But we do have curfew.. For those who's staying at the dorm, must be back before midnight. It's just for your safety anyway" Kris continued the explanation.
'Whoa.. This is the first time I heard he said something long' I chuckled mentally.
"Ohh... What if I don't make it to the dorm? Do I get reprimand or expel or punish?" I asked.
They laughed as if my question is stupid. 
Baekhyun said "Pssht.. There's no need for such thing because it can get worser if you stay out. There's a legend saying that if you stay out at the school out-front  past midnight, you'll....." He squinted his eyes, looking left and right, rubbing his hands together in suspicious manner that its creepy.
I gulped and hold my breath.
"Either get kill, kidnap or just disappear into a thin air~" Chanyeol ended it happily. 
I stiffened and my eyes wide opened as if it can pop out. D.O laughed at this anyway.
Baekhyun shrugged "Yes, that's about it. No need to worry~"
"Yea! Like nothing unusual"
'Reeallly.. And getting kill and kidnap are something usual?' I shook my head in disbelief at their word.
 
We were walking through the school, heading to the dorm when Luhan suddenly jumped in excitement, pointing at one particular shop "Oh.. Oh! oh! Here's the Bubble Tea shop~" and Sehun just fondly looking and smiling at Luhan's action.
"Whoa..." I eyed the shop in amazement, finding its hard to believe, like who wouldn't ?!
Kai said while laughing at me "Ahaha.. Yea~ you heard right? about the cafe built in inside the school ground? Here it is"
"It's totally cool! But why the name is Bubble Tea Shop anyway? Does it only sell bubble teas?" I asked.
"Oh no! It sells everything. From tea, coffee, milkshake, breads and cakes. Oh.. There's candy and some other snacks too" D.O explained.
My mouth formed an 'o' and  I said "Thats one weird... 'cafe'. More like a convenience store. So.... Why?"
"Emm.. Lets say that the school's principals have some crazy ideas with some crazy friends that know no boundaries or when to stop" Chanyeol said with his voice full of sarcasm and grinned happily. 
"Oh.." I simply nodded at the statement, didn't understand why.
 
We arrived at one big... Really BIG, dorm. It's like a mansion or a private villa. It's a bit different from the dorm I'm staying, well.. It is said that the design for each dorm is slightly different.
"Slightly my " I mumbled and I can heard the others laughing.
But it is equally satisfying.
We entered the dorm through the front door. Inside it seems cozy and comfortable..
Well, it's true.. Like the boys said, it does give off a nostalgic home-like feel.
Other students walking around, playing, talking and laughing freely.
I followed my friends(?) around without a word, feeling amazed.
If this dorm is like this, I wonder how's my dorm.. I haven't had the chance to walk around yet.. I barely saw the outer design of my dorm from the pamphlet they gave me when I came here to apply for the dorm and room designation.
 
"Hey"
"Hello??? Earth to Taozi~" Lay said as he waves his hands in front of my face repeatedly.
I snapped out from the thought right away.
"Wha-what?" I asked, blushing at the name he called me and I can see that Kris face looked uncomfortable.
Lay chuckled and shyly said "I asked, why were you so quiet? We're here~ in Kris's room"
I looked around and my mouth gaped at the room's size.
No.. It's not damn big or anything, it's rather.. Comfortable. Average and normal, considering the dorm size.
"It's.. Neat and pretty! So cool!!" I said a bit louder than usual, looking at Kris.
Kris turned away, cheeks tinted in red, "thanks" he mumbled.
'He's so cute..' 
 
"Hey hey! Tao, lets play!" Kai said and dragged me before I could even resist. Not that I wanted to though.
 
Chen, seemingly, trying to go back into his dreamland when he pulled Xiumin for a cuddle on the bed. Chen snuggled into Xiumin's embrace. Xiumin seems fine with the action.
 
While Luhan and Sehun excused themselves, following D.O to the kitchen located on the ground floor to cooks.
 
At the time, Suho's trying to find way to break the super glue that connected his hand to Lay's, digging through Kris's room.
 
Baekhyun is in the toilet, cleaning his face while complaining how messy he looked. 
And Chanyeol simply laughed and trying to calm him. 
 
Lastly, Kris just sit on the floor, leaning against the wall, eyes closed. Probably trying to think of a way to solve his situation. Or maybe he's just resting as his action and move is restricted anyway?
 
Me and Kai began to play a game he suggested.
Kai set the rule; the loser have to fulfill one of the  the winner's wish.
I agreed without second thought, well.. It's because at first the rule was; the loser have to peck or better yet kiss the winner's cheek or mouth.
Which I rejected cause its only beneficial to one party only, which Kai seemed happy about.
'What a ... Does his life depends on skinship..?' I thought.
These made Kris sighed in relief...? I don't know as to what reason he's reacting that way.
After a few round..
 
"NO WAY!!! You're cheating!!"