Game

I Don't Know

 

Then, there's silences for a moment until Chen breaks it down.
 
"Anyway, lets chase away all this seriousness! I don't like it~ Tao ah, lets play a game!" Chen said, looking at me expectantly.
I laugh, 'I shouldn't ask the reason why Luhan cried earlier. I'll know about it sooner or later' and give him a nod, agreeing with my thought.
 
"Ooh! What do we play? What about 'dare or dare'? Huh? Huh?" Kai asks eagerly.
Chen scoffs, "you're not invited Kai"
I frown a bit, "wait.. Wait, what is 'dare or dare'? Where's the.. You know, 'truth'?"
They look at each other and burst out laughing.
Kai wipes his non-existent tears and said, "that's so lame! That's an old version!" And they continue to laugh.
"Heck, okay, how's this version works then?" I said with a mockery tone.
 
They stop laughing and give me a dead serious look.
Kai clears his throat,"Okay okay.. Here how it is.. When you get chosen, you have to choose either dare or dare. If you choose a dare, you have to do what you're ask to, and if you choose a dare, you have to do what you're ask to~" he explains with confidence.
 
I remain speechless from the shock but then I heard Chen's applauding Kai, giving him a standing ovation, looking at him proudly as if he's a mother.
 
"What?! That's stupid!" I shout.
"No it's not! It's moving! I almost cry at his brilliant explanation" Chen said, and Kai grins proudly.
I let out a fake laugh, "Who's stupid enough to play... No, believe what you just said?!"
Kai scratches his neck awkwardly and Chen fiddling with his fingers.
"They.. No, we all did" they said at the same time.
"Yea.. We've play it like that since long time ago. Actually, it was Kris who came up with this idea because he thinks the original version is damn lame " Kai explains, smirking all the way when he did.
"Oo... Oo! .... Still, that's stupid. Very.." I mumbled.
 
After a looooonng argument, I finally succeeded in persuading them to play the original version. It's comes along with a lot of complains and whines.
The time passes by as we're playing.
 
After school, Kai and Chen decide to follow the others to Luhan's house to see how he's doing. 
They ask me to come along but I can't because the classroom teacher is asking for me.
This sadden them but I convince them that I'll text Luhan later, and ask them to explain to Luhan about my situation.
 
.......................
 
I return to the dorm after a long and boring talk with the teacher.
And it's already 9.00PM..
 
As I enter the room, I sigh and walk to sit on the bed, trying to collect my thought.
'Calling me in just to talk about stupid career plan... I'm a freaking first year!'
 
I look around and realize that I'll be sleeping alone tonight.
I'm a roommate with Chanyeol since he's the only one with no roommate in the D dep. among us.
 
Originally, I was in the same room as Henry Lau, he's one of the popular and very talented student at SM-ART High but I changed it because its too much of a burden, though he's very nice to me. Plus, the fact that my friends kept on coming to my room, hanging out there all night, so I'm afraid that I might disturb him.
 
I sigh again and my mind begin to wander off.
"I never know such things had happened.." I mumbled to myself.
I lie down, thinking about D.O's words about Kai that other night.
'He forgot who he is at times, huh... Chen and D.O's advice about both of them is the same; never remind them of what happen and never pity them cause it'll hurt them more...'
I let out a groan and ruffle my hair in frustration, "what am I supposed to do...?" I said, voice muffled against the pillow.
 
Then, I heard a knock on the door, I lazily get up to open it.
The door swings opened, revealing Henry on the other side with a smile.
I return the smile weakly.
 
"Hey, what's wrong?" He ask, purely concern.
"Oh.. Henry ge.. You're here.." I said weakly.
"What a 'warm' welcome" he said sarcastically,
he walks passed me, inviting himself in, and sit on my bed and continues, "tell me"
I think for awhile before answering,
"Hmm I can't go on full detail but... If you happen to know someone holding on an unbearable pain but pretending to be okay.. What would you do" I ask, sitting across him, on the chair near the desk.
 
He looks at me, a bit taken aback but answers my question anyway,
"Unbearable... Pain? Hmm. Honestly speaking, I won't pity them at all. I mean, they're my friend and I'm sure they don't want any sympathy despite anything, but I'm still going to be there for them and lend them my ear, shoulder, hand, simply said, everything. I won't ask anything but do know if you're going to do the opposites of what I tell you, it'll hurt them a lot more" he advices.
'Its the same....' I thought,
"thanks hyung.. I won't do that.." I smiled and this time a bit happier.
 
He smiles and lies on my bed.
"What are you doing ge?" I ask as I eyed his every moves.
"Sleeping" he deadpanned.
My face scrunched up in confusion,
"Don't you have to get back to your room and that's my bed"
He sighs before answering, "Chanyeol called me earlier asking.. threatening, me to sleep in with you and take care of you for the night cause he said that you're..."
He chuckles a little, "afraid of the dark. That you have nightmares and cries at times. Whoa, Zitao.. I never knew!" He said a bit louder.
I blush a little, "so wh-what?! Hmph. And why are you sleeping on MY bed?!"
"Because Chanyeol asked me to" he yawns,
"plus, I can't sleep on his bed, can I? You're his friend" he explains in sleepy voice.
"Fine..." Before I could say anything else I heard a light snores coming from him.
".... Only if killing is legal..." I mumbled.
 
'I should study to get my mind off the things for awhile',
I sit at the desk and take out my books.
As I opened the history book, I reminded of the letter earlier in class.
I take it and stare at it for awhile. I read it over and over again, still the solution is nowhere to be found.
What's written on it is simple,
‘I like you, Huang ZiTao’
Just like that, no names, no signatures.
I sigh and throw it in the dustbin carelessly.
'If you freaking likes me, tell me who you are idiot!' I huffed.
 
Then, I begins to study for real.
History is boring as ever.. I yawn so many times now, eye begging to close.
Honestly, I'm waiting for-
My cellphone make a beeping sound. 
'BINGO!'
I quickly reach for my cellphone and open the text.
I walked over to Chanyeol's bed and lie down on it.
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
What's this? I'm sad, you said you'll get back to me.
 
 
 
 
I laugh a little and nonchalantly type in a reply.
 
 
 
 
From: Tao.
To: Kris~
I'm sorry... My mind was occupied with a lot of things.
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
I'm not one of those things? That's offensive. 
 
 
 
 
I almost shoot up from the bed and I quickly type a reply, trying to explain.
 
 
 
 
From: Tao.
To: Kris~ 
No, no! I think about you too, but my mind is complicated right now. I really think a lot about you too! I'm not lying!
 
 
 
 
Waiting for a reply, feeling really anxious and my cellphone's beep, and I starting to blush  from embarrassment, reading his reply. 
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
Whoa, Tao, relax. I was just kidding. But still.. Good to know that I'm not the only one. Btw, did you happen to find out what's happening?
 
 
 
 
'That's  scare me! And.. What does that supposed to mean..' I thought, feeling confused and relief at the time.
Still, I begin to explain a little bit of the details of what happened.
 
A few seconds later, he replies. The timing of the text arrived obviously shows how worry he is now.
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
Luhan cried? It's okay, it's not your fault that you didn't know the cause. I want to comfort him but I'm sure Sehun's doing a good job. It's not like I can book a flight back there either, it's already late. Still, I hope he's okay.
 
 
 
 
I take a glance on the clock, it's 11.15PM
 
 
 
 
From: Tao.
To: Kris~
He'll be fine.. You cares a lot about him, do you? I envy Luhan ge a lot now ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 
 
 
 
 
I replied, half-jokingly.
 
A few minutes later, he still didn't reply.
I am starting to get worried as I'm drowning in drowsiness.
Then, my cellphone's make a loud (to my ears') beeping sound.
Snapping me out a bit.
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
You don't really need to though. Anyway, I'm almost done with my work here. I should be back there in two days.
 
 
 
 
I'd shout in happiness if I'm not tired. I've yawn more than 10 times already.. Plus, Henry is sleeping soundly.
I quickly type in the reply and make sure to turn on the silent mode.
 
 
 
 
From: Tao.
To: Kris~
Really?! I should tell the others soon. And I'm tired but I'm not sleepy...
 
 
 
 
My eyelid is getting heavy, so I close my eye for awhile, hand still holding on to the cellphone,  and I yawn, again.
My cellphone's vibrate and it surprise me a little.  
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
You should stop studying late into the night.. 
 
 
 
 
I let out a small chuckle and smile a bit.
 
 
 
 
From: Tao.
To: Kris~
How do you know that I'm studying? Are you spying on me?
 
 
 
 
My eye is getting teary, fighting from falling asleep.
This is like the toughest things ever. 
 
Then, Kris replied and I read the text with an obvious tired smile.
 
 
 
 
 
From: Kris~
To: Tao.
I am not. Guessing. It's okay now, so get some rest okay, Tao?
 
 
 
 
I'm trying to stay awake and fight off the drowsiness, contemplating on a reply.
I tapped on the screen few times and my eye finally give off, I fell asleep right away.