Mr. Class President's Secret 19

Mr. Class President's Secret

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"KIBUM! You better be awake!" 

His mother shouted from the kitchen. Key opened his bedroom door and walked out to where she was. In his school uniform, he stared at his mother and said irritatedly, "I am awake."

At the spot where he usually met with Minah, he waited and looked around for her. When he turned to the direction she always came from, he saw her approaching on her bike. He didn't show it, but he was a bit happy to see her. Minah saw him and smiled, causing him to get a tingling feeling in his chest. Feeling confused with the feeling, he rubbed his chest wondering what was going on with him.

What's with this? Am I that happy to see her? Maybe it's because I....consider her as my friend now! Yeah...she's my friend now.

"Yah, what took you so long?? Don't tell me you woke up late." Key shouted at her. Minah stopped in front of him and gave him a pitiful look. Then she said, "I woke up late-" She stopped herself and said, "I mean, I-" Key reached over and helped comb her bed head saying, "No wonder your hair is disgusting today..." Minah looked down shyly. He stopped and realized he had done that naturally. "Ahem, don't think I've forgotten the time you made lunch for that Kim Jonghyun! I refuse to eat your sandwiches from now on." Minah looked back up at him about to say something, but he had already climbed onto the rear rack.

Yes, I'm still mad whenever I think about it....but besides that...this mutual feeling I get when I'm with her...it's so comfortable, I could say or do anything I want without having to worry that she'll think differently of me. I like this feeling...I really do.

 Walking down the hallway, Key looked and saw Dongyul approaching him. Minah had luckily stayed behind to put her bike away, so she wasn't there with him.

"Kibum, can we talk?" Dongyul asked in a demanding way.

Key rolled his eyes not wanting to deal with this and replied, "Sure..." Following Dongyul to the school's garden, Key leaned against a nearby tree and crossed his arms waiting for Dongyul to speak. Dongyul sighed reading Key's mood. "Look, I know you're probably still upset about what happened at the dance, but-" Key cut in, "Why are you explaining yourself to me? I saw what happened. I was there. You saw me there. What's there to talk about?"

In disbelief, Dongyul scoffed feeling angered, "Yah, Kibum. I don't think it's right for you to speak to me this way. How long have we been friends?? Compared to her, she doesn't even come close!" Usually by now, Key would've apologized and told Dongyul that Dongyul was right. Instead, Key just stared at Dongyul unaffected and expressionless.

"You want to talk to me about how much better of a friend you are to me than she is?" Key snobbishly asked.

Dongyul walked closer to Key and told him, "That's because I am. Remember what was said on the rooftop? Are you telling me that you didn't mean it?..." Standing in front of him now, Dongyul continued, "You love me, don't you?" The look in Dongyul's eyes lasered into Key's.

I love him...?...Since when did that started to sound strange to me? The love that she spoken to me about...what kind of love did Dongyul feel towards me? What kind of love did the both of us have...? I don't know anymore.

Without anything left to say, Dongyul walked back into the building leaving Key by himself in the garden.

Minah watched as Key walked into the classroom. She could see from the look on his face that his mood wasn't how it was earlier.

"Minah-ssi..."

She looked in front of her and saw Minho facing her with a piece of paper in his hand. He smiled and said, "Thank you for the notes." Minah nodded and shyly took her notes back. Minho turned back around and looked over to see Key glaring at him.

When lunchtime finally came around, she made her way to the rooftop with her's and Key's lunch she prepared. She walked up the stairs to the third level but was stopped by Jonghyun. "Minah-ssi! Oh, you've got lunch?! For who? Me?? You know, the last time you made me that sandwich, it was really good!" Suddenly, someone came up from behind Minah and grabbed her arm pulling her to them. She looked and saw Key. His eyes were at Jonghyun but they moved to her as he said, "Let's go eat lunch. I'm starving." Dumbfounded, Jonghyun watched the two as they walked away from him.

On the rooftop, he let her go and walked himself to the spot where they usually sat. He refused to sit, so he crossed his arms and pouted at her instead.

If I hadn't gotten there in time, she probably would've eaten lunch with him or given him another sandwich! I keep yelling at her about having a mouth to speak, but she just doesn't get it! She's so frustrating sometimes. I don't know what to do with her.

Minah slowly approached with her lunch box. Sitting down on the ground next to where he stood, she took out two lunchboxes. Softly, she tugged on his pants' leg for his attention. Key looked down at her and saw her holding up a lunchbox. Hesitantly, he said, "Didn't I tell you earlier that I will refuse to eat any sandwich made by you??" Minah looked away and opened the box to show him that it wasn't a sandwich. It was kimbap. His eyes widened as he quickly sat down beside her. "Yah! You made this??" He asked as he took the box from her. Happily, she nodded and handed him the box.

Hehe...Kim Jonghyun guy only got a measely sandwich, while I'm here eating her kimbap! Choke on that!

He stuffed one into his mouth and tasted the deliciousness of it. Almost too happy, he let out a chuckle. Minah turned to him and giggled seeing how happy he was.

When lunch break was finally over, Key had gone back down first as usual. On his way to the classroom, he saw Minho walking towards him. It was just the two of them in the hallway, so Minho said approaching Key, "Tell me something, Kibum..." Sighing, Key asked, "What?" They came to a stop as Minho asked, "Dude...I thought you were gay."

Key rolled his eyes and started walking off but was stopped by Minho's arm. Minho pushed him back to where he was standing before.

"I'm serious. I thought you were seriously gay...but what's up with your death glares when I'm just talking to her?? Don't tell me you got the hots for her and that you're really not gay, man." 

Annoyed, Key asked, "What's it to you anyways? Do YOU like her or something??" Minho began laughing. Key didn't really get it, but from the way Minho seemed to be picking on him, he was getting irritated. Minho stopped laughing when he noticed that, so he said, "I'm serious, though, Kibum...I've seen the way you look at her...It's not the look a gay dude would give a girl...It's not the look a friend would give to another friend...."

Key's attention turned towards the window. From the otherside of the buidling, he could see Minah walking down that hallway across from them. Then he turned back to Minho and heard him say, "...It's the look of a boy admiring the girl he likes."

At first Key didn't understand it, but when he fully understood what Minho was saying, he looked back across the building and saw Minah speaking with a teacher holding the lunchboxes in front of her stomach. Her long black hair softly falling down the side of her face and the way she would shyly look up at the teacher as they spoke, made him feel a bit envious. In his heart, he felt as if those looks she was giving was only for him to see. Why had she shown it to others?

Her face slowly looked over towards his direction. He could feel his heart pounding louder. Then a soft smile formed across her doll-like face. No matter how much he tried to stay focused on the presence of Minho there, he just couldn't bring himself to look away.

The look of a boy admiring the girl he likes, eh...?...

---------------------------------------------------------------------