Mr. Class President's Secret 11

Mr. Class President's Secret

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've got some good news, students!"

The teacher said in a cheery tone while the students sat in their desks looking bored as usual. One student in the back blurted out, "No more homework for the rest of the year?!" Everyone cheered and agreed with his thought. The teacher shook his head laughing and said, "No! No, there will definitely be more homework, but I just wanted to let you all know that we'll be going to a field trip at the end of this week! We'll be going with two other classes."

"Where will we be going?" A student asked impatiently.

Sighing, the teacher answered, "We all know that big exams are on their way here. As your teachers, we decided to help you all relax."

Another student asked, "So you plan on taking us to some sort of hot spring and let us relax for a day. Then come back to school and have you guys throw books and a bunch of homework at us?"

The teacher slowly nodded and replied, "Yeah, basically..."

Everyone sighed and began talking amongst themselves. Their teacher looked over at Key and said, "It's a good idea, right, class president?" Key looked at him blankly.

What's he talking about? I wasn't listening. What should I say? Should I just nod and smile? Yes, I should.

Smiling, Key nodded slowly. The teacher nodded slowly back and turned to the class saying, "See? Class president thinks it's a good idea!"

During break, the teacher stopped Key and asked, "Hey, since you're class president and the students like you, you'll definitely have to go, okay?"

In disbelief, Key let out a chuckle and asked, "Are you serious?" The teacher stared at him surprised to see this side of Key. Realizing that, Key cleared his throat and quickly said with a smile, "Of course! You can count on me!"

"You want me to go?"

Minah asked as Key stood in front of her. It was lunch break and they were on the roof.

"Yes. You will go with me", Key demanded.

"But-"

"No buts."

Minah slowly looked up at him and nervously said, "...Okay." Smiling to himself, Key took her sandwich out of her hand and walked towards the spot they usually sat at. She quickly followed after him. As they sat down, Minah asked, "Why do I have to go though?" Annoyed that she was questioning him, his eyes glared at her from the side.

"Yah, it would be the only way for me to make sure you aren't spreading rumors!"

She looked away wanting to say more but he already seemed bothered enough.

On the day of the field trip, they had all gathered outside the buses. Everyone was wearing their normal clothes and had bags full of other things with them.

"Okay, you all know that you will be spending your weekened at the hot springs. Anyone who does not want to go may leave now. Once we get on that bus, we are not stopping to let anyone off!"

The students stood listening to the teacher. Key looked around for Minah, but he couldn't find her.

Where is she?! Don't tell me she bailed out on me! I'll kill her!

The number of classes had increased to two more. He heard that the two classes were third years.

"Everyone will choose a partner. As eachother's partners, you must look after one another and make sure you don't lose them! You have ten minutes too choose! The other teachers and I will take attendance..."

I am class president. I don't need a partner...

Suddenly, a bunch of girls ran over to him asking, "Key! Be my partner!! Please!" He smiled uncomfortably and said, "Uhh..." His attention drew away from him when he spotted Minah. She was wearing a gray beanie and a big sweater. Carrying a shoulder bag that had her things in them, she searched around the crowd. Someone came out of nowhere and grabbed her shoulder. Minah looked up and saw Jonghyun.

"Ah, I knew it had to be you! You look much more different than usual! Haha", Jonghyun said. Minah bowed shyly and avoided eye contact with him.

From afar, Key could see the two talking.

Don't tell me he's going to ask her to be his partner? Why does he always seem to get to her first?! What is this? A race??

Sighing, he figured he'd be fine partnerless anyways. Key never interested himself to competitions. The effort was never worth it. He looked back at the girls asking him to be their partner and replied, "I'm sorry, but since I'm class president, I figured it would make more sense to not have a partner!" The girls gave him a pitiful look and finally left him alone. Standing there waiting for the teachers to finish up, he felt a small hand softly touch his arm from behind. He looked over his shoulder and saw Minah with her big eyes staring up at him. Feeling a shiver go down his spine, he managed to say, "W-what do you want?? Shouldn't you be over there with your boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun?"

As she looked away from him, he saw a smile on her face. A smile as if almost laughing.

"But I came here for you...", she softly answered him.

For some odd reason, he felt his heart jump from what she had said. Not trying to let it get to him, he shot back, "Whatever, but I'm sure you're quite satisfied knowing that he's also coming along..."

Feeling her hand let go of his arm, he suddenly became a little disappointed.

Why are things between us becoming so strange?...It's like all the hate I had for her in the beginning is already now gone...Why is that?

Finally, they all began boarding the buses. Key found himself a seat by the window and looked over to see that Minah didn't mind. Some of the girls that had wanted to be his partner glared at Minah.

"Did he ask to be your partner?" Key asked giving her a suspicious look. Slowly, she nodded. He rolled his eyes scoffing.

That guy...he's really sly, isn't he? Tch...

The bus began leaving the school and they were finally on their way to the hot springs. While looking out the window, he turned and saw Minah already sleeping.

This lazy girl...it hasn't even been ten minutes and she's already sleeping?!....

His eyes roamed around her face. He reached over and brushed her bangs out of her eyes. Then he gently laid her head on his shoulder. He blushed from the sweet fragrance that covered her soft hair. Suddenly, he felt her hand gently holding onto the back of his arm. A smile forced its way to his lips. Had she been awake? He didn't know, nor did he care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------