Mr. Class President's Secret 23

Mr. Class President's Secret

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The young boy slowly backed away from Minah and dusted himself off. Minah adjusted her shirt and began lifting herself up when suddenly, Key took a hold of her arm, pulling her up.

Glaring at Taemin, Key grabbed him by the shirt asking, "What were you trying to do, you little ert?!"

"Kibum!"

He stopped and looked at the doors to see Minho with Onew. The two seemed to be out of breath from all the running. Minho could tell from the tension that something had happened. Walking cautiously over to Key, Minho asked, "What happened, man?" Taemin smacked Key's hand away. Key was about to lash at him, when Minah quickly said, "I-it's okay, Kibum!" He felt her grip tighten on his arm.

On their way to her bike, he didn't say anything to her. She trailed silently behind him sensing his anger. Finally, just a few feet away from her bike, he turned around and abruptly stopped in front of her. A little startled, Minah stopped and kept her eyes away from his.

"You see?! That's why you shouldn't be so vulnerable to stuff like that! Even if it's just a kitty, don't fall for its cute looks!! It can be vicious!" He scolded her.

Minah didn't say anything. She stood there with her head down not knowing what to say because he was right. Sighing, Key turned away and walked to her bike. Suddenly, he felt her hand slip into his. He stopped and looked at her wondering what she was doing. Then he heard her nervously say, "I-I'm sorry...I will be more careful next time..." He didn't want to show it, but he was kind of satisfied that she said that. Though he hated it when she apologized.

Turning away, he said, "Just stay away from that boy...He's nothing but trouble." Minah nodded and they finally made their way home.

Thinking back...I don't know why  I was so mad. I mean, I didn't even know what happened...I just knew that the boy...was too close to her and...I didn't like it...Not one bit.

As he lie in bed, he couldn't help it but wonder what was wrong with him lately. Things weren't the same with him anymore and he knew. He just didn't know exactly what wasn't the same.

"Kibum, have you talked with Jinki-ssi yet?"

Key was heading to the roof to meet up with Minah for lunch when he looked back and saw Minho talking to him. Shaking his head slowly, Key replied, "No, why?" The tall boy moved his bangs out of his eyes and said, "Well, apparently, that little boy....Taemin, is it?", he continued without letting Key answer, "Jinki says the boy isn't as harmful as he looks."

Confused, Key asked, "What? What does that even mean?"

"That boy is known to have quite a bad reputation for getting into fights and even involved in gangster stuff, but overall, he's a hopeless romantic."

As funny as it sounded, Key couldn't help it but wonder what the young boy's true intentions were. If the boy was a hopeless romantic who was supposedly in love with Subin, could it mean it might be possible for him to fall for Minah? He then scoffed to himself and thought, "Tch, no. That's not possible. I mean, who in the right mind would dare fall for their enemy....?" His smile faded when he repeated what he had said to himself in his head.

Wait....Why does that sound...I'm only friends with that girl because....What I meant was...Arrgh, nevermind!

"By the way, what happened with Minah-ssi yesterday?" Minho interrupted him.

Key looked at him still confused with himself, he slowly replied, "...Uhh..." Noticing the lost look on his class president's face, Minho began laughing as he said, "Yah, what's wrong with you??"

I need to get a hold of myself before I make a bigger fool of myself!

"I don't know exactly what happened. All I remember was walking by the gymnasium while looking for her...and I saw the boy being all close to her and-"

"Wait, being all close to her? How?? Why?" Minho interrupted Key.

Rolling his eyes, Key answered, "I don't know, and don't interrupt me!" Minho waved his hand out in defense and said, "I'm sorry. Do continue."

"Well, that's all I really saw..."

"And you didn't...ask?"

Key looked at Minho who gave him an expression as if suspicious of something. A little irritated, Key shouted, "What?! Why are you looking at me like that??" Finally, Minho couldn't hold in his laughter anymore and answered, "You know...when a guy sees their girlfriend with another guy and they get mad without finding out why she was with him means they're jealous?" It wasn't as if Key didn't understand what he was saying, but he couldn't convince himself that Minho was right.

"Yah, that's not true! W-what if that boy was trying to do something bad to her?? Like a friend, I was just protecting her", Key shot at him in defense.

Minho scoffed saying, "Alright, whatever floats your boat..."

The two grew quiet for awhile. Then when Key finally spoke up, he asked Minho, "...Talking about a friend...Is it...normal to...like, want to...uhh..." Minho stared at him waiting patiently for him to finish up his question.

I don't know why I'm asking him this, but I have no one else to ask. I mean, he has lots of friends; girls and guys...So he'll know more about friendship, right??

He could feel himself sweating a little as he continued more confidently this time, "Is it normal to give your friend a...k-kiss??" Swallowing hard, he waited for the tall boy to answer him. Of course Minho wanted to burst into laughter because he figured it was Minah whom Key had been talking about, but since he didn't want to anger his class president, he calmly said, "Yeah! I mean, I don't do that with my buddies but with the girls that I'm friends with, yeah. It's normal and it's okay." A snicker almost came out from his lie, but he quickly held it in as he watched Key's face expression soften.

"Really...?" Key asked.

Even though he felt bad for lying to Key, he could tell from the look in the boy's eyes that he was desperate. Slowly, Minho nodded and said, "Yep, really."

If he says it's okay, then that time when I kissed her, it was normal!

When he finally got up to the roof, he saw her waiting there like always. As he approached her, he said, "I'm still upset with you, just letting you know that." He watched as a soft smile appeared on her face as if saying she didn't believe him. Finding it hard to swallow, he forced his eyes away from her saying, "I-I'm serious..."

During gym class, everyone waited outside for the teacher to finally come out and tell them what to do. From afar, they could see another class approaching. It was surprisingly Taemin's class. Key crossed his arms and watched as they came closer. He could hear his classmates beginning to talk about how they're probably going to play a game against them and that it was a good thing Minho was with them today.

Tch...they're so lame...

Glaring at the boy, Key heard the teacher say, "Your teacher left early today because of an emergency, so you'll be tagging along with my class! Come along." The older class began cheering that they had no teacher for the day and followed after the first years. The boy looked over at Minah and then at Key.

"Alright, today, we'll be playing a game of soccer. Did you want to be seperated into girls and boys and play on your own or play all together; class against class?" The teacher asked.

The second years began cheering on that they wanted class against class while the first years stood there helplessly. Finally, when the game began, Key stood on right side on the defense line while Minho was on offense with the other athletic students in their class. The young boy was on offense eyeing Minho as if he was the enemy.

Most of the girls stood in the sidelines and watched most of the boys play. Minah stood nearest to Key and before the game began, she softly told him, "Be careful..." Key looked at her and scoffed replying, "Yah, I got this." Though he hated sports, he knew he had no choice but to do his best. Afterall, he was the class president.

Once the teacher blew the whistle, the boys began shouting all over the place telling them to kick over to them and such. The girls cheered the boys on for a goal. Since Minho and the other boys were good, Key realized the ball would never get passed to him. He relaxed and leaned on one leg with his hands at his waist. Then he looked over at Minah and asked, "You're not going to play?" She had been focusing on the game but turned to look at him. With a small smile, she answered, "If I'm needed, I'll play." A laughter almost escaped his mouth, but he hid it behind a grin as he said, "Oh, I don't think you'll ever be needed." Her smile grew larger, making his heart tighten and she playfully said, "We'll see about that!" The innocence in her playful tone made it feel as though his heart had leaped out from his chest.

Why is she in such a playful mood?...It's making my chest feel weird...I mean, it's nothing. I just think she's cute. It's normal to think your friend looks cute, right?

"WHOO!!! YEAHH!!" His classmates shouted as Minho made a goal. Key looked and saw Minho high-fiving his friends with a big grin on his face. When the second round started, Key didn't bother to be prepared since he knew that Minho and his friends had it. Key said to Minah, "See?  I told you you won't be needed." Minah chuckled lightly as she replied, "Hm, you're right." His eyes refused to look away from her. He wanted to keep making her laugh. It was a pleasant sight for some reason.

Taemin watched the two of them smiling at eachother not caring about the game. An irritated feeling came over him as he watched. With the ball, he started kicking along as he ran towards them. Confused, Minho looked and saw that he was going for Key. The formation was messed up when Taemin decided to change direction.

"Kibum!!!"

Slowly, Key turned to hear Minho calling him and saw Taemin running right towards him. The boy's eyes weren't on Key though. It was on Minah. Swinging back his long leg, he kicked the ball with all his might. Key saw the ball aiming at Minah. Without thinking, he raised his arm and swung his fist towards the ball. He felt the soccer ball hit his fist hard. The ball fell down in front of him. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt as much as he thought it would. Everyone covered their mouths and stared at him in shock.

Minho quickly ran over but passed Key. Key looked behind him and saw Minah on the grass covering the side of her face. Shocked, he squatted down with his hand still in a fist asking as Minho helped her sit up, "What happened?!!" Confused, Minho looked at him and said, "Dude! Did you not feel that you elbowed her in the face??"

"EHH?? I DID??"

Minah helped herself up saying, "I'm okay..." Key examined her worried she might start crying. He reached for her hand that covered her face. Pulling it away, he saw that her cheek was red and already a little swollen. Angry with himself, he began dragging her towards the school. Minho stepped aside and watched them leave the field. When they got to the infirmary, the nurse handed him an ice pack and he walked it over to Minah who sat on a chair still covering her face. He sat down beside her and pulled her hand away. Gently placing the ice pack on her cheek, he said, "I'm sorry..." Minah looked up at him surprised. She had expected him to say something like, "Who told you to stand too close to me?" and scold her. He felt her warm hand softly touch his that held the ice pack to her face. With that smile that never failed to shake his heart, she said, "It's okay because I'm okay..."

The more he looked at her and the more he thought about how soft her hand was, the more attractive she seemed to be getting. The sunlight that peeked through the window seem to had made her look as though she was glowing. Her long black hair was suddenly shining.

Then she gently pulled his hand away. Putting the ice pack down, her face seemed to be alright now. It was still a little red, but the swelling had gone down. She said as she held his hand in hers, "...But...are you alright?..." He felt her fingers softly run across the back of his hand. It was the same hand he had punched the ball with. He had forgotten all about the pain.

"....You hurt your hand...didn't you?" Her eyes slowly looked up at him.

Without thinking, he leaned over and gently kissed her cheek that was hurt by him. Backing away, he looked at and saw her pink flushed cheeks. Her eyes looked down at the ground and then slowly back at him. His face was still close to hers and he couldn't help it but think about the strange feeling in his chest.

Minho said that it was normal...to kiss your friend, right?....So...it'll be normal if I said I wanted to kiss her now, wouldn't it...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------