Mr. Class President's Secret 10

Mr. Class President's Secret

---------------------------------------------------------------------

They all stood in silence as Jinki stared at Minah motionless.

"Minah...you-"

"I-I don't need you here. Please get out..." She said softly.

He looked at Key and felt embarrassed. Nodding slowly, Jinki walked out. The awkward silence ended with Key asking, "Your boyfriend?"

Minah turned her body around and looked at him and shook her head. Then she answered, "...He was Subin's boyfriend." Key tried to think of who Subin was, but nothing came to mind. Slowly, he said, "Su...bin? What's her last name?"

"Kim...Kim Subin...She doesn't go here anymore..."

Oh, I remember her! I believe the Subin girl had short hair and she had a pretty face...That's right! She was dating that weird Jinki guy! I remember now.

Curiously, Key asked Minah, "Wait...does he like you?? H-how do you know eachother?" She hesitated to answer at first, but she decided to tell him.

"Subin...Jinki and I knew each other since childhood...He was older than both Subin and I but we all got along with each other....I..."

Key watched as her face expression grew tense. Minah the continued, "I...liked Jinki during middle school...but he liked Subin. Subin knew I liked him.They began dating when we started high school..."

In a way, Key felt his heart tightening hearing her story. He didn't think that Minah knew how to like someone. He thought she was just a weird girl who wanted nothing to do with anyone.

"During the summer before high school started, I didn't want to bother them, so I stayed home while they went out together to places...Once first year began, I had lost all feelings that I had for him...but Subin didn't believe it. Before I knew it, people were talking about how Jinki and I were secretly dating behind Subin's back..."

While sitting in front of a canvas in the art room painting, Minah looked over her shoulder to see Subin walking in with her other friends. Minah stood up and smiled greeting Subin.

"Yah, don't act all innocent like that, Minah."

Minah stopped smiling and looked at Subin wondeirng why she was angry. Subin walked closer and said, "Who do you think you are? You know that Onew and I are together! I didn't know you were that kind of girl."

"What are you talking about, Subin-"

One of Subin's friends jumped in saying, "Stop pretending like you don't know! We saw you in the library with Onew-oppa flirting with him!" Minah tried to remember being in the library with him, but she's never been in the school library. 

Seeing Minah speechless, Subin assumed they were right. She scoffed and said, "Minah, why don't you go find yourself another guy? If you want help, I can find you one! Though I highly doubt anyone would want to date you. You're too weird, that's why Onew wouldn't date you. Ahaha!"

Subin and her friends began laughing together at Minah. Then Subin slightly pushed Minah's shoulder saying, "I was always prettier than you, Minah. You know that, don't you? Onew's mine and I'm his. Stop trying to steal him from me!"

With both hands, she shoved Minah causing Minah to fly back into the painted canvas that was still wet. She heard Subin and her friends laugh while walking out of the room. Slowly, Minah started picking herself up when she felt someone's hands from behind grab her underarms pulling her up. She looked back and saw Onew standing there. He had climbed in through the window after seeing what had just happened. Minah quickly shoved him away from her and backed away. Nervously, she bowed and apologized.

"Minah...are you okay?"

She didn't answer him. He then said, "I...don't know how this all happened. It's like...Subin has become a whole different girl from before...I'm sorry, Minah. I...will have a talk with her."

"No! Onew-" She shouted but couldn't stop him in time. He was already out the door. She looked down at her legs and saw that paint had splattered all over her. Without minding it, she ran out after him. Running past students in the hall, they pointed and chuckled to themselves.

"Subin!"

Subin turned and saw Onew running over to her. She smiled and said, "Onew! Did you miss me that much? Hahaha." He let out a long sigh and said, "Subin...I need to talk to you."

"What is it?"

"We should go somewhere else..."

Sensing the tense atmosphere, Subin looked at her friends and said, "Why don't you just say it here...?" Suddenly, she looked down at his hands and saw paint. Looking back up, she stared at Onew.

Minah turned the corner and found them standing not too far from her. As she walked closer, she heard Onew say to Subin, "I...can't be with you anymore, Subin. I think I'm in love with Minah."

Tears formed in her eyes as she tried finishing her story. Key didn't remember all of this happening, but he remembered hearing a little about it. He said, "So...they broke up because of you?"

Minah looked at him and said, "I didn't mean to!" Though it was such a serious moment, Key felt like chuckling at her. Her face expression was much more different from what he's seen and he couldn't help it but to admit it was a cute expression.

"After that had happened, Subin transferred to a different school...but her friends...are still here."

Shocked, Key asked, "Are they the ones doing this to you?!!" She waved her hands out in front of her and said, "No, please. It's fine-"

"What do you mean it's fine?! It's not fine! How long have you been enduring this?! Ever since she left?? Who are they?! I will report them!"

Minah took a hold of his hand and held it tightly. He stopped and looked at her. Holding his hand close to her chest, she said, "Please...Kibum, don't do anything..." He slowly calmed down and became distracted by the softness of her hands.  He knew she was serious when she didn't want him to do anything. It was pointless to have kept trying to convince her to let him deal with the girls.

Then he thought more about her story and realized one big part of it. He calmly said to her, "...I don't like it...I don't like...your story..."

She looked at him wondering what he meant by that.

Without looking at her, he said, "Because...I didn't want to know you liked him." Minah's face became clueless as she stared at him.

After the school day ended, Key walked out and didn't see Minah. When he reached the school gates, he looked to the side and saw her standing there still in her gym clothes holding her bike.

"Yah, were you waiting for me?" He asked already knowing the answer with a slanted smile on his face. Minah nodded and softly smiled at him. Not letting her smile effect him, he resisted and hopped on the bike with her. As they went off, he slowly wrapped his arms fully around her waist. Leaning his head on her warm back, he felt himself dozing off.

I don't want you to like anyone...I didn't want to know that someone else had seen your smile before, because that smile was mine. I won't allow anyone else to see it...so you can't like anyone....but me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------