Mr. Class President's Secret 6

Mr. Class President's Secret

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon their arrival to class, there seemed to be a commotion in the classroom. The students were huddled around in the front at the board. Some people saw Key walk in and a girl said, "There he is!" Everyone stopped and turned to look at Key. Minah stood behind him wondering what was going on.

He walked over to the chalkboard to see what was going on. When everyone moved out of his way and he saw a message on the board that read, "Do you think your class president likes girls?" Fear ran through his body as he read it.

"So...Kibum...do you like girls...?"

Key turned to where Minho's desk. Minho looked at him and shrugged his shoulders.

This is his doing! Why is he just sitting there acting like he didn't do anything?! Why is he doing this?? I haven't even told anyone his dumb secret!

Quickly, he calmed himself down. Then looking back at the students, Key answered, "Yes, I like girls. In fact...", he walked over to Minah who was still standing by the door and pulled her close to him, "...I like her. Problem?"

Later during lunch, Key followed Minah to the rooftop. To his surprise, she didn't seem upset at him for lying that he liked her. When they got outside, she went and sat down at the spot she was always sitting at. Hesitantly, he slowly sat down beside her.

"Look, I didn't mean to lie to everyone about me liking you. That was the only thing that came to my mind at the moment and-"

He stopped to see that she was offering him half of her sandwich. "Did you poison it?" Minah shook her head and replied with her soft voice, "My mother makes it, not me."

"Tch. Do you not have your own hands??"

"...I've told her many times that I can make my own lunch, but she refuses..."

"Oh..."

Taking the sandwich, he took a bite into it. With his mouth full, he said, "Hey! DISH ISH GUD!" She smiled and nodded.

This is her second time smiling at me...

"Ahem! As I was saying before-"

"Why are you afraid of letting them know the truth...?"

He turned to her irritated that she kept interrupting him and answered, "Well...It's kinda hard to explain with you interrupting me all the time."

"I'm sorry...", she said as she took a bite from her sandwich.

Sighing, he thought whether or not if he should tell her about Dongyul.

"If I tell you this, you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

Minah looked over at him curiously as she ate her sandwich.

"...Back in middle school, I was very good friends with this boy named Kim Dongyul. He was the kind of kids that people loved to play with and talk to, while I was more to myself. We became friends because one day while walking home, I saw him being bullied by some high schoolers. I stood up for him and ever since, he stuck by me. After two years being friends with him, he had told me that his family was moving to another town..."

Key paused and didn't know if he should continue or not. After debating, he decided to continue, "Dongyul and I, we were the best of friends. Everyone was jealous of our friendship...everyone wanted a bond like ours. As much as I..."

"You loved Dongyul-ssi?" Minah asked.

Embarrassed, Key scoffed and said, "Yeah, as much as I...loved Dongyul...I knew I couldn't do anything to keep him here. On the day of Dongyul's leave, we met on the rooftop of the school to see each other for the last time..."

Key watched as Dongyul stared out into the sky.

"Kibum, don't you think today is a nice day to go karaoke?!"

He smiled at Dongyul and nodded saying, "Yeah, it would be." Slowly, Dongyul turned to Key with tears in his eyes. "I don't wanna leave. Any place without you will be boring."

"We can't do anything, Yul..."

Dongyul wiped his tears and stared at Key. Then he said frantically, "Y-you're my friend, aren't you??" Key nodded.

"Why are you like this then??! Are you that happy that I'm leaving??"

Shaking his head no, Key answered, "Our opinions don't matter to the adults! We're just kids! They don't care about what we think or feel, okay?"

Dongyul calmed down and nodded. "I guess you're right...but....I just want you to know...that I cherish you...a lot. You were my only true friend...that I've come to love."

I thought like every boy would think. If a boy admitted to loving another boy, wouldn't that mean that they're gay? Boys don't tell each other that they love each other. No matter how good the friendship was...it would be considered gay to the outside world, wouldn't it?

Key stared at Dongyul and said, "I...love you too." With a smile on his face, Dongyul walked over to Key and hugged him.

Minah's eyes watched him as he finished his story. He slowly turned to her and said, "So yeah, I'm gay! There you have it."

"...Loving a friend doesn't neccessarily make you gay. It sounds to me that you're only thinking you are because of the way you believe it." She told him.

Confused, he asked, "What do you mean by that? The way I believe it?"

"Knowing that the rest of the world would find a man loving his friend queer or even taboo, it's an automatic thing that you'll assume you're gay, right?"

She adjusted her sitting and continued, "Have you ever been with another man besides Dongyul-ssi?"

Key shook his head.

"Have you ever had a crush on another boy other than Dongyul-ssi?"

Once again, he shook his head.

Eating her sandwich, she asked, "Then why do you think you're gay?"

With that, he didn't really know the answer himself. Then he replied, "Because I loved Dongyul." Minah smiled and said, "Who says it's wrong to love your friend? Being gay means to want to have a ual relation-"

"Don't say that word! It's disturbing..."

Minah stopped and asked, "u-"

"Yes, shut up", he quickly replied. After brushing that off, he told her, "But I don't have any attraction to girls...When I see them, I don't feel anything towards them."

She her fingers and asked, "Well, what about boys?"

"Hmm...not really...I don't know."

She turned to him and asked, "How do you feel about...Choi Minho?"

Making a disgusted face, Key answered, "I hate him. That's all there is to say."

"Have you dated a girl before?"

He thought about it and told her he hadn't. 

"Maybe you should and see how things go. It seems to me you've never been involved in an intimate relationship before...and you've only experienced a love only friendship would have. You shouldn't assume anything without trying everything out first...", she said.

When lunch had ended, the two made their way back to class in silence.

This was my first time talking about this with anyone...and out of all people, it was with her. She talked more than usual too...but she was right...I don't know anything, do I?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I appreciate the comments and subscribers!