Chapter 9

The night life.

*drools all over picture*

http://youtu.be/XB0e4sSW_VE

 


            The only upside with working within this business is you get to see Daisuke go to school, you get to pick him up, and the pay is great. Other then that, there really was no bright side in this job. As much as you disliked it, at least there were people like Hyunsik and Eunkwang who works there. They weren't bad people...Actually, all of them are kind to you, so far. All except one. And his name was Ilhoon. You two both got off at the wrong foot and no matter how many times you try to it up with him he always seems to disagree with you and it's starting to get really annoying. But, no matter how much he got on your nerves you had to bury your pride. Today, was the second day of work and you didn't want to let any bad vibes ruin your day. So, you head on to the club at exactly 5:30 p.m and opened up.

 

“Just how it was supposed to be.”

 

Everything was in place, just like how you left it yesterday. You wondered who you were going to be working with today and hoped that it wasn't going to be Ilhoon. You knew how much he hated you and how much you hate him. One day, you will, probably work with him. Just not today....Well, you hoped it wasn't today. You started to clean up around the place while you waited for the host, that was going to help you out. Luckily, it wasn't that hard to clean up the club. Since you and Hyunsik cleaned up most of the hard parts last night.

 

 

            You waited for around 30 minutes for the host to show up and he was still not there. You wondered if he was just late or if he was sick. Just in case you went up to the information board to find out who you were working with today.

 

“Let's see....”

 

You scrolled your finger down the paper as you found out the day today.

 

“Today is Tuesday. So, that means I'll be working with..”

 

You slid your finger across the word Tuesday to find the name,

 

“Ilhoon?... Wait?! WHAT?! I'm working with him today!”

 

Out of all the possibilities, Eunkwang just had to make sure that Ilhoon was assigned every Tuesday.

 

“Just great.” You say with your arms crossed.

 

You're already trying your best to calm yourself down and he wasn't even here yet. What luck. You shoved this issue aside as you continued to clean. What were you expecting? The guy always shows up to work late. You might as well continue your job before you got fired. But, the longer you waited the more he never came. You wondered what was happening.

 

“Was he really skipping out on this? If he is...He is such a jerk.” You mutter to yourself.

 

“Hey, how's everything going?” You hear from behind. You turn around abruptly to find Eunkwang by the door.

 

“Oh, it's going well.....Except for one thing.”

 

“And what's that?”

 

“Ilhoon didn't come by to help out.”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“I'll talk to him as soon as he comes here.”

 

“Thanks. I'll continue cleaning.”

 

“No problem. None, of my hosts should ever disrespect a lady.”

 

You smile at his words. Although, they seemed to be fake you were just glad to hear him call you a 'lady'.

 

____________________________________

 

               As soon as everything was cleaned up everyone was already in the back getting ready. Well, you know, except for Ilhoon. You realized that this guy always manged to come to work late. You wondered why, but whatever the excuse is it was still unacceptable to come to work tardy. You headed to the back as you helped each host with their outfits and makeup. This time, with a little bit more knowledge from the night before. Ever since Eunkwang told you to research, you did as you were told, and now you know a little bit more about mens fashion. Everybody was praising you and telling you that you improved so much. You smiled proudly as they kept complimenting you and you just couldn't hold it in. Finally, someone busts the doors open and everyone turn their heads to the main entrance. It was none other then Ilhoon, with his hand holding out to the side as he slightly leaned, out of breath. He was trying his best to catch his breath while his sweat was slowly dripping from his forehead.

 

“You're late again?” Eunkwang asks.

 

“I had an errand to run. I'm sorry. I won't do it again, I promise.” He holds his right hand up.

 

“You always make the same promises but they always seem to be empty.”

 

“I can't help it that I have things more important than this.”

 

Eunkwang started to get furious at Ilhoons' answer.

 

“I always knew you had such a rotten personality and a foul mouth but you really need to fix that because I'm running out of patience and I don't know what I might do to you. If you weren't such a popular host I would've fired you already.”

 

“Just do it, and see all your customers disappear.”

 

“Don't make me-”

 

Minhyuk walks over to Eunkwang side as he places his hand on his shoulder and whispers something to his ear.

 

Hyung, calm down. You don't want to make a scene here. Don't do something you will regret.”

 

Hyunsik then walks over to Ilhoons side as he holds onto his arm.

 

Stop this. You don't want to do something that will cost you your job. Especially since you need this more then anyone.”

 

Eunkwang takes a deep breath as he tries his best to calm himself down.

 

“Just don't do it too often. Understood?”

 

Ilhoon up his pride as he nods.

 

“Before you go get ready, why didn't you come earlier?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“It was your turn to help _____________ out with the cleaning?”

 

“What?”

 

“I told you there was a schedule, on the information board, with who's helping out _______________ clean this place out. And today was your turn. She told me that you did not show up for work.”

 

“Oh, that. I just didn't want to work with her.”

 

Hyunsik grabs onto Ilhoons' arm tighter.

 

Stop, making this worst for yourself.” He whispers.

 

“What do you mean you don't want to work with her?”

 

“Isn't it obvious? She gets on my nerves, she's ugly, rude, y, and has an ugly personality.”

 

“Excuse me?!” You say defending yourself.

 

“Are you deaf or should I repeat myself?”

 

You raise up your sleeves as you prepare yourself to land a punch on Ilhoons face. Eunkwang brings his hand out to block you from hurting him. Changsub and Sungjae rush over to your side as they try their best to calm you down.

 

“Apologize.” Eunkwang demands.

 

“For what?”

 

“For hurting a woman's feelings. The job of a host is not to hurt the lady but to heal them. So for that, apologize. Now.”

 

“Woman, are all the same....She doesn't deserve my apology.”

 

Ilhoon storms out of the back room and slams the door behind him. Hyunsik bows to Eunkwang and you as he apologizes on behalf of Ilhoon.

 

“I'm sorry about his behaviour. He has his reasons to why he acts that way. Please, don't fire him. He really needs this job.”

 

“I won't” Eunkwang says.

 

“As long as he comes to work tonight, and apologizes to __________, I won't fire him.”

 

“I'll get him right away.”

 

He bows again and runs for Ilhoon, who was probably out in the streets by now.