Chapter 14

The night life.

http://youtu.be/9MJknUv8khs

 


          Daisuke finally finishes playing by the swing and rushes over to you as you sat down on a bench the entire time you watched the two play.

 

Oneesan! Oneesan! Ilhoon onisan is the best!”

 

Of course I am.”

 

He walks on over as he takes a seat right beside you. Daisuke jumps up and down as he gets super excited from...who knows what.

 

Daisuke, calm down a little bit. You're too hyper.”

 

I can't oneesan this is the best day ever.”

 

Is that so?” Ilhoon asks.

 

Yeah! Because oneesan is here and Ilhoon onisan is here too....Like mommy and daddy.”

 

You both got flustered at Daisukes' comment, and slowly the air started to turn stuffy.

 

Hahahahaha Daisuke you are so funny~” You say trying to cover up the awkward silence.

 

Yeah, Daisuke.” Ilhoon agrees.

 

I'm just saying the truth. Oneesan reminds me alot of mommy and Ilhoon onisan reminds me of daddy.”

 

Oh, that's what you mean.”

 

What?” Ilhoon asks.

 

Like, the way we act towards him reminds him of our mom and dad...not exactly how my mom and dad fell in love with one another....because you know we aren't like that.”

 

Yeah, yeah...totally.” There it was again that awkwardness. You just had to go and open your mouth to try and explain what little Daisuke meant.

 

Well....”

 

Why are you two so quiet?”

 

Huh?” You both ask.

 

Oneesan can I play some more? I want to go to the slides.”

 

Okay, go ahead.”

 

Daisuke sprints for the slide while you and Ilhoon sit still in that cold and suffocating park...or what seems to be suffocating.

 

So....”

 

So......?”

 

Well doesn't the air feel slightly uncomfortable? Who were you kidding.

 

So......You wanna explain to me why you don't want your bother to know you work at a host club?” He questions.

 

Well...It's like this. I just don't want my brother to know that his great and almighty sister, works in a place where she is surrounded by 7 guys who 'mends' the heart of broken women by drinking, partying, smoking and having with them whenever they can. Plus, if he told the other kids that I worked at a host club....He would just get made fun off... and he would get bullied...If he wasn't bullied enough already. Wouldn't you do the same for your sister?”

 

Well....You do have a point there. My little sister has no idea that I work for a host club...I don't want her views on me to change. She thinks i'm working as a nurse.”

 

He giggles.

 

Okay, your lie is way too much of a stretch.”

 

Hey, I'm not really lying.”

 

You so are lying.”

 

Am not. I actually go to college and study medicine. I hope to be a doctor someday.”

 

Well....This is weird.”

 

I told you I wasn't just looks.” He winks.

 

You're gross.” You say while cringing at his remark.

 

But, why medicine? The competition is insane, and they demand so much of your time. And what about balancing homework and school? And your sister? Do you even have time to take care of your sister?”

 

You ask too much questions you nosey person.”

 

.....I'm just curious.”

 

Haven't you ever heard of curiosity killing the cat?”

 

You sigh, irritated, that he still hasn't answered your question and avoided them instead.

 

Just answer me already.”

 

....There is a reason why I take medicine....it's a promise I made to someone. And don't worry about me taking care of my sister I have my own ways.”

 

....I'm kind of jealous of you.”

 

Woah, this is a first. Well, you should be.”

 

This is the first time i'm ever being honest and you totally ruin it.”

 

I'm kidding, i'm kidding. So, why would you be jealous of me?”

 

....Because....even though you work you are still able to take care of your sister....go to school..and chase after your dreams. For me, ...I've lost mine a long time ago....Now, my only dream is to get Daisuke to finish school.”

 

But, why give up on your dreams? You can still chase after them and take care of your brother. I mean look at me.”

 

It's not as easy as you think.”

 

But, it actually is. You just need to have the will and perseverance.”

 

You know what Ilhoon.....I like you better like this.”

 

Don't start falling for me. Because all the girls fall for me and I end up breaking their hearts.”

 

You cringe at his “Warning.”

 

Don't get too cocky, jerk.”

 

Just saying. What was your dream anyways....? I mean like when you still had the oppurtunity to dream?”

 

Honestly, I've always wanted to be an architect.”

 

Well, why don't you do it?”

 

I don't know if you're deaf or not but I did say that its not as easy as you make it out to be.”

 

It may not be easy but if you really want for it to happen you will find a way.”

 

You paused at Ilhoons comment because for once in your life what he said actually made sense.

 

You know what.....I like this side of Ilhoon. Like a lot. And I don't mean i'm falling for you....It's just it's the first time that we were able to hold a normal conversation without the one of us getting angry at the other. Plus, everything you say make sense. Which is really rare....Are you sure you're Ilhoon?”

 

You leaned into Ilhoon a little bit as you looked into his eyes and face, to detemine that the person you were talking to was actually Ilhoon and not some stranger.

 

W-w-w-what are you doing?”

 

You leaned in a little closer to confirm that it was him.

 

Making sure you're Ilhoon.”

 

He brings his hands out forward to your shoulders as he pushes you away from him.

 

Well, can you stop. You're way too close to me.”

 

You quickly felt your face blush when you realized the stupidity of your reason to make sure it was him.

 

Don't get the wrong idea! I just thought you weren't really Ilhoon because this is just so weird!”

 

He lays his head back as he stares up to the dark, night sky.

 

I know..........You know....You're really not that bad. You make me believe that not all females are bad.”

 

What?”

 

Ilhoon onisan! Can we play again?”

 

Sure thing kid!” He stands up from his seat as he quickly makes his way to the slide.