Chapter 4

The night life.

http://youtu.be/5f6rWk-bGFo

 


          You pick up your little brother from school, while you drag along both of your suitcases. You wait patiently for the school bell to ring and stare at your cell phone a couple times to see what time it is. Finally, the bell rings and all the kids come rushing out to the front attacking their parents who came to pick them up. You spot your little brother from afar and wave to get his attention.
 
“Daisuke !”
 
Your little brothers’ face lights up with the sight of just seeing you. 
 
“Oneesan!” He quickly runs over to your side and wraps his arms around your waist.
 
“Hey there little guy.” 
 
He looks up towards you with such a happy face on. 
 
“You finally picked me up.”
 
“The boss let me out early.” You smile back.
 
“Yay !”
 
“Guess what?”
 
“What?” He asks. 
 
You took his arms so that he could release you from the hug. You take his hand and drag him along with you.
 
“Grab the suitcase first.” You hand over to him one of the suitcase and walk to Tomitas’ house, which was really near the school.
 
“I found a place where we could live in.”
 
“Really ?!”
 
“Yup ! My friend was kind enough to let us live at her house....... and Here we are.”
 
You reached out your hand to open the door and head for the elevator. You press on the 4th floor button and wait till you head up. You kneel down in front of your brother as you fix his hair and clothes.
 
“You have to behave. The place is really small and doesn’t have a lot of space. You have to be a good boy for oneesans’ sake, okay? Oneesan won’t always be there in the house because she’s getting another job. So, if you need anything you ask my friend. Treat her like your own oneesan. Don’t give her too much trouble or else I’ll keep on nagging you.” He nods as he holds onto your hand tightly.
 
“Are you really going to get another job?”
 
“4th floor.” The elveator ladys voice announces. 
 
You walk out of the elevator as you try to look for the room 435.
 
“Well, oneesan has to make money. She has to send you off to school and I need to pay my friend for letting us live there. We can’t live there for free, Daisuke.”
 
“But… I won’t get to see you often.”
 
You kneel down again to get at his eye level.
 
“ I know it’s hard but you can always call me okay? For Oneesans’ sake you have to be strong.” You ruffle his hair up a little bit as he smiles and gives you a hug.
 
“Okay, we’re here. Let go now. When you meet her just call her Tomita oneesan.”
 
“Hmm.”
 
You reached for the doorbell as you patiently wait for someone to answer the door.
 
“Coming.” The door opens as you see Tomita standing in front of you.
 
“______________! You’re finally here !” She attacks you with a welcoming hug. Her eyes then trail down as she sees’ Daisuke standing beside you. She bends over and looks at your brother.
 
“And this must be Daisuke.” She brings her hands out forward asking him to shake it. 
 
“Hello, Tomita oneesan.” He gives a 90 degree bow, just like any child would.
 
She grabs his cheeks and pinches them tightly.
 
“Aren’t you just the most precious thing ever !” 
 
She finally let’s go off his cheeks and welcomes the both of you into her house. 
 
“Come in come in. It’s not big but it will do. Just place your suitcases in that room over there and feel at
home.” 
 
You and your little brother head for the room and place your suitcases there.
 
“Daisuke, start unpacking. Oneesan will go talk to Tomita oneesan.”
 
“Okay.” You walk back out and find Tomita in the kitchen. 
 
“Thanks again.”
 
“Oh, pish posh. What are friends for?”
 
“Don’t worry once I make enough money we’ll move out and I’ll help you pay with the house and
electricity bills.”
 
“What are you talking about? Don’t do that stuff.”
 
“No, no. I insist. It’s the least I can do.”
 
“You’re so stubborn. By the way, about the job I told you earlier, you’re already hired so you don’t need to
call.”
 
“What?!”
 
“Yeah, I called earlier and told my brother. I told you he owed me a favour. Plus, he trusts me and knows I wouldn’t suggest people who aren’t fit for the job.” You walk over to your best friend and give her a big hug.
 
“Thank you so much. You’re such a life saver.”
 
“Oh stop.” She walks over to the table and grabs a folded piece of paper. She grabs your hand and hands it over to you.
 
“Here’s the address of the place. Go there tomorrow and just tell them your name. They’ll show you to my brother. You guys will be able to talk about what he wants you to do, your shifts, and all that extra stuff.”
 
She walks over to the stove and takes out something from the oven.
 
“Well, let’s eat. Daisuke ! Let’s eat now !”
 
___________________________________________
 
           You start to walk down the street as you try to look for the place that Tomita gave you.
 
“Ah, where is it?”
 
All of a sudden someone from behind you bumps into you, causing you to drop the piece of paper.
 
“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.”
 
“It’s okay.” 
 
The muscular man, picks up the piece of paper that you dropped. He stands back up as he swipes the dirt off his pants. 
 
“Hey….” He takes a glimpse at the piece of paper.
 
“We’re heading the same way.”
 
“Oh…Is it okay if you could show me the way. I’m sort of lost.”
 
“That’s fine.”
 
“Thank you. That’d be really great.”
 
“No problem. It’s not out of the way so it’s okay.” You bow to him; showing your gratitude towards him. 
 
Both of you finally started to walk, side by side.
 
“Why are you going there anyways?”
 
“Oh, I got offered a job there.”
 
“Really?” he asks shocked.
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Because I work there…… My name is Lim, Hyunsik and yours?”
 
“_____________. Nice to meet you. What a coincidence bumping into you?”
 
“I’m curious…What will you be doing there then?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Like job-wise because the place is kind of uhmmmm-”
 
“Well, I was told that I’ll be a waitress and help clean around the place.”
 
“Oh, that makes sense….Well we’re here.” He stops in front of the building and brings his arms wide open
to show you the place where you will work at. Your eyes start to widen as you read the sign that said
‘BTOB host club.’ This was the host club you went to a few nights before, when you had to deliver the pizza.
 
“You’re a host?” You turn to Hyunsik in shock.
 
“Well…yeah I thought you knew.”
 
“And in this place!.......Wait, im going to be working here?”
 
“Ha ha ha yeah. When I first heard that you were going to work here I thought that you were a guy that just looked girly. But, then you said a waitress and it made sense because we needed more help around the place.” 
 
He heads on in the host club as you stood still. Still staring at the sign that read ‘BTOB.’ He turns around
and calls out your name.
 
“Well aren’t you going to go inside?”
 
“…..uhmmm yeah.”