Chapter 19

The night life.

http://youtu.be/0AtZFGIgifg


Hyunsik Onisan!” She greets brightly as her eyes twinkles in the sunlight. Hyunsik quickly makes his way to her bedside as he gives her a long and warm hug, making sure she feels snug in his arms.

 

I haven't seen you in so long.”

 

I know kiddo.”

 

Where's onisan?” Hyunsik slowly lets go off her as he places his hand on her head and gives it a nice ruffle.

 

Well....Your onisan is busy today and told me to come here and visit you. So, here I am.”

 

Oh..” She says with a broken heart.

 

Aren't you happy that i'm here?” He grabs her again as he then tickles her to no end.

 

She laughs uncontrollably and tries to find the right words to say.

 

Hahahaha ! Yes. Y-Yes I am.”

 

He stops as he lowers his face to meet hers and smiles.

 

You're so big now.”

 

Oh, stop. We saw each other last week. I'm still the same.”

 

No you're not. You're a big girl now.”

 

Hyunsik onisan is so silly. So when will onisan come see me again? He didn't visit me yesterday either...I miss him.”

 

When he has the time he will come. Don't worry he's just dealing with a lot of things right now, okay?”

 

mmmm.” She nods.

 

Her eyes slowly turning from bright cheeriness to a storm of grief. Hyunsik quickly gets off the bed as he turns around to find your little brother Daisuke.

 

And this must be your brother?” He asks.

 

Yup. Daisuke this is Hyunsik onisan and Hyunsik this is Daisuke.”

 

Daisuke quickly took his blanket and hid his face from Hyunsik, acting as if the blanket is going to protect him.

 

Daisuke, you don't need to be afraid. I work with him too.”

 

He slowly pulls down his covers as he finally met eyes with him. Hyunsik gives a huge grin as his eyes slowly disappear.

 

It's nice to finally meet you.” He places his hand forward as he asks Daisuke to shake it. Daisuke, hesitantly places his hand out and grabs Hyunsiks' hand for a handshake. Hyunsik firmly grabs his hand and shakes it allowing Daisuke to warm up to him.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://youtu.be/BueLl5y4W80

            Both of the kids fell asleep as you and Hyunsik made your way out of the patients room and into the hallways. You both sat beside each other as shoulders touched and you stare at the blank wall in front of you.

 

So....How do you know Hwa Young?”

 

Like, I said she's my friends' sister.”

 

Oh yeah, you already told me that.....I meant to ask....What's her condition?”

 

Her condition.....?”

 

Like, why is she in the hospital?”

 

Oh....I don't know it's kind of ummm....”

 

I don't want a background story. I just want to know what her sickness is.”

 

Well, for starters it's really severe. While she was still in her mothers womb she was abused.”

 

Abused? What do you mean?”

 

Her mother is an alcoholic. While she was still pregnant she would drink constantly and would misuse taking painkillers. Of course this causes bad things for the baby. Then it was finally time for HwaYoungs' birth. Me and her brother were thankful that she was even alive...and not dead. After all that abuse the mother put on her body we thought that HwaYoung wouldn't be able to survive.  Right after her birth the mother couldn't care less about HwaYoung. She didn't even bother to carry her....My friend was the first one to carry her, and saw the beauty of life in her... And that's when he decided he would devote his life for her. The doctors noticed something wrong with the baby and told him at such a young age that she was blind...and wasn't able to see anything. She wasn't given the chance to see her brothers' face. But, she was one of the lucky ones. She was lucky to survive her mothers womb and be given an opportunity to live. She slowly started to grow under her brothers' protection and the help of my family but he started to notice unusual things happening to her as she aged. She had a hard time breathing, always had chest pains, and was constantly getting sick. She was brought to the hospital to run a couple of tests and they found out that her heart was very weak....They didn't catch it earlier because when she was born it was still normal and functioning...but as she grew older her heart wasn't able to keep up with her growing body so it grew weak. The best thing was to let her stay in the hospital until they found a donor to replace her heart or find another way to fix it so it can keep up with her. That's why she stays in the hospital. If she runs too much, or laughs alot, or gets scared by the smallest things she might go into a seizure...or get a heart attack...or die.....Her mothers sins causes HwaYoungs grief...but even through everything she is still so happy and positive about life. Even if she's not like other kids she still tries to find the joys in small things....I hope one day she'll be able to be cured....That she'll be given a new heart and a pair of eyes to see.”

 

What happened to her mother? Doesn't she care?”

 

I wish I could tell you more but it's not my story to tell. I can only give you that much.”

 

.....I'm glad that her older brother is still there to care for her.”

 

Her older brother would give up anything just so that she can survive and live on....He constantly blames himself for what has happened to her even if it wasn't his fault.”

 

I see....that's a really tragic story. I hope they find their justice one day.”

 

Why were you so curious anyway?”

 

I just wanted to know why HwaYoung is in the hospital....It just pains me to see anyone here...Lying in bed while waiting for hope to come along....Sometimes it will come and sometimes it won't. While i'm here waiting for Daisuke to get better I want to be able to make HwaYoung feel better to. That's why I asked...I wanted to know more about her.”

 

I see. I'm glad that HwaYoung is able to meet someone like you for a short while. I'm sure she'll be really happy while her brother works.”

 

Hey, aren't you late for work?”

 

Hyunsik quickly takes a double take as he stares at his wrist watch and goes into a panic.

 

Oh my gosh yes ! It was nice chatting with you but I gotta go now. I'll see you at work, okay?”

 

Yes sir!"

 

"Just tell HwaYoung I'll visit her again soon."

 

"MMMM”

 

 

He immediately stands up from his seat as he races down the hall to make it to work on time.