Chapter 18

The night life.

http://youtu.be/Kprqw3VuZIg

 


                      You raced down the stairs as you tried to look for a cafeteria in the hospital that was possibly selling ice cream near the area. But the more you searched the harder it was to find one. Just as you were turning down the end of the hallway you bump into someone causing you to fall back and land on the floor. You couldn't see the person in front of you properly so you slowly lift your eyes open and tilted your head back to observe the person in front of you.

 

__________?”

 

Hyunsik? What are you doing here?”

 

He reaches his hand out forward as you grab unto his hand and he pulls you up on your own two feet. You dust the dirt off your pants as you fixed your posture to answer his question.

 

I'm here to visit my brother. How about you?”

 

I'm here to visit my little sister.”

 

You have a sister?”

 

You both start to walk the same direction as you continue to talk.

 

No, not really. She's a friend of my sisters but, you know, it's like she's my own sister.”

 

Ah, I see.”

 

So where you headed?”

 

Well, I'm about to buy ice cream for my brother and another patient who shares a room with him but I can't seem to find a store that sells ice cream.”

 

Did you try the convenient store?”

 

A dumbfounded expression came across you're face as you slowly face palmed yourself. Hyunsik laughs at your reaction and slowly holds onto his stomach so that he could talk to you properly.

 

I'm guessing you haven't. Follow me.”

 

He walks on ahead as you follow him from behind.

 

So...Is your brother alright?”

 

Yeah, he's fine now.”

 

That's great to hear.”

 

Yeah.....You're not working today?”

 

I am later on. I'm just visiting first and heading to work right after.”

 

That makes sense.”

 

Are you?”

 

Nah, imma just watch over my little brother today.”

 

Here we are.”

 

Perfect.” You say with your eyes lit up.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

What should I get him?”

 

Chocolate? Most kids love chocolate.”

 

Hmmmm, that's true. He always did love chocolate. But, what should I get her?”

 

Her?”

 

The roommate.”

 

Oh.”

 

I know i'll get her half strawberry half chocolate.”

 

You grab the two ice bars from the freezer and made your way to the cashier as you paid for the two popsicles.

 

So, where you headed to now?”

 

3rd floor. That's where Daisuke's placed.”

 

Really? I'm going the same way you are.”

 

Hyunsik and you made your way up as you continued your somewhat awkward conversation. It's not that it's really awkward it's just you don't really know what to say or what topic to bring up, aside from the fact that you two work together.

 

Hey....about Ilhoon...”

 

Yeah?” You ask curiously.

 

Just don't mind him alright. It's just he's going through a lot and doesn't really know how to deal with certain things....So don't take it personally.”

 

It's alright....I kind of understand. Hey, I have a question.”

 

Hmm?” He says while kicking a penny he found on the floor.

 

Why do you defend Ilhoon so much?”

 

He stops kicking his penny as he stands completely still to answer your question.

 

It's just...Me and him have been friends for a really long time and... I've seen him go through a lot that in a way it's kind of affected me. And you know as a really close friend of his I don't want him to be going through these 'things.'”

 

Ah....I see. You're a really good friend towards Ilhoon. You know that? He's lucky to have a friend like you.”

 

...I wish he realizes that too.” He whispers.

 

What?” You ask as you continue to walk towards the room.

 

Nothing.” He shouts back.

 

So how long have you and Ilhoon known each other?”

 

Since, we were toddlers. His dad and mine were best friends and you can kind of figure out the rest.”

 

You nod.

 

We pretty much grew up together. I know when he's hurt, when he's feeling troubled, and why he acts angry on certain days.....I know him like the back of my hand.”

 

Wow....That's pretty intense.”

 

I guess so. But, even with having a friend like me it doesn't really help him out much with how he's feeling, emotionally... I may know everything about him....but I don't know how to fix him.” He says with a depressing tone in his voice.

 

I wish I could some how help him lift the pain...It hurts to see him so emotionally unstable....It's like he's not living anymore.” He whispers.

 

What do you mean?”

 

He laughs as he starts to smile again.

 

Oh, nothing~”

 

If I were Ilhoon and I had a great friend like you i'm sure that it would definitely make me the happiest person in the world to know someone out there has my back and loves me no matter what happens.”

 

He places his hand on your head as he gives it a quick ruffle and pinches your little nose.

 

You're the best at making someone smile. You know that?”

 

I know.” You say with a huge grin on your face.

 

Well...This is where my brother is staying at.”

 

Really?”

 

Yeah, why?”

 

This is where my little sister is staying in too.”

 

You know Hwa Young?”

 

Yeah, she's my friends little sister. I just came by to make sure she was doing alright because her older brother couldn't come by to visit.”

 

Oh. You're such a great friend. I wonder how you do it. See, like i said, Ilhoon is lucky to have a best friend like you. You're even visiting a friends little sister for them. If it were me I probably wouldn't be able to do it.”

 

Why?”

 

Just cus....I already have a lot on my plate.”

 

You reached for the door knob and entered into the patients room as you greeted the two,

 

I'm back with ice cream ! And I have a present for Hwa Young!”

 

Really?!” she says excitingly.

 

Hello Hwa Young.”

 

HYUNSIK ONISAN !”

 

Her face lights up as soon as Hyunsik enters the room.


IM SO SORRY TO LIKE EVERYONE ! I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG AND IM JUST SO BAD ! D: I've been really busy and had not time to write. Tht's like my excuse to everything but i really am sorry on top of all that i've been having writers block. But thankyou for sticking out with me and being the bestest of the best. T-T TY SO MUCH D: <3

STAY FAB & SASSY !