02

Hidden Identity

 

 02.
   After Hours
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




Eleven o'clock on the dot. That's what time it was when Bomi went back to the SM building. Dance rehearsal was let out over five hours ago, during that time she had gone back home to change. She took the duct tape off and replaced it with a sports bra, her oversized sweat pants were changed into a pair of black leggings and her hoodie was now a loose white tee that had EXO's XOXO album cover on it. Not to mention that her hair was now down and her shoes actually fit her, no insoles either. 

She walked up to the building and unlocked it quietly, making sure to scan her key as quickly as possible and opening the door without the clicking noise it usually makes. She walked into the building and slowly shut the door. She couldn't take the elevator. If someone heard it running she was sure to be caught. So, despite her burning desire not to, she had to take the stairs. 

Walking up three flights of stairs can really tire you out. Nevertheless, she continued her way to the practice room, where she quietly opened the door. She flicked on the light and the studio was lit, but still. Empty. She was all alone, just what she wanted. She threw her duffel bag into the corner of the room and stood silently in front of the mirror. 

Not even Bomi gets to see herself like this more than thirty two hours a week. Looking at herself in the mirror was, weird almost. But she wasn't here to stare at herself in the mirror. She was here to dance. She took out her phone and went to her music library. She put her ear buds on and turned it up to full volume.

"Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh."

Left to right Bomi moved her hips, hitting every beat perfectly. Her hair flowing beautifully at every movement. 

"Mehonjogin hyange chwihe Tonight-"

She was alone, so of course she exaggerated the movements a bit. Nobody had ever seen her dance like this, it was a little secret of hers. Although this was her first time doing it outside of her apartment, it felt better doing it in a real studio rather than her small bedroom. 


"Sooyoung, please remind me how your phone got forgotten in EXO's dance studio?" Snapped Jessica. The two girls were walking down the hallway, still in their pajamas. 

"Because Kyungsoo told me that he made a new snack that he wanted me to try! I was on the phone with Taeyeon and when I went in I hung up, I think it must be by the radio." 

"I really need to make you carry a backpack filled with snacks." Jessica rubbed her eyes.

"The light's on?" Sooyoung asked, pointing to the door. 

"Is one of them still practicing?" Jessica her phone and looked at the time, "It's almost eleven thirty! They'll get dark circles and a poor complexion if their sleeping schedule is like this!"

She walked up to the door and turned the knob. Bomi looked at them in the mirror, she froze. Jessica walked in and stood in place, staring at her. 

"W-who are you?" She asked, slightly annoyed. 

"Uhm, erm.." Bomi stuttered. What was she going to tell them? 

"What are you doing in EXO's practice room?" Jessica heard the music from Bomi's head phone's, "Turn that off and answer me!"

"I-I'm-" Bomi started. 

"Yah! Jessica! I found it!" Sooyoung said, hugging her phone. She looked over curiously to the blonde girl who stood almost to her height. "Who's this?"

Jessica was peering into Bomi's nervous eyes, "I don't know. She won't tell me."

"She looks familiar." Sooyoung said as she got closer to her. "Have I seen you before?"

Bomi gulped. 

The truth was, Sooyoung had seen her before. Earlier today D.O had brought in home-made granola bars for everyone to try and D.O, being the sweet little nugget he is, invited the SNSD members over to try them. Most of them were trying to lay off the sweets for their next stage performance, but Sooyoung came over anyway. Bomi remembers it all so clearly, mostly because when she was practicing a couple of the dance moves with the other dancers she looked Bomi right in the eyes.

"I-I don't think so." Answered Bomi. 

"Look, I don't know who you are or what your doing here but it'd be in your best interest to leave." Said Jessica.

"Yeah, if you get caught you'll be in real trouble." Said Sooyoung as she was checking her text messages.

Bomi quickly went to grab her duffel bag in the corner of the room and hurried to leave. Sooyoung stopped her. 

"Are you sure we've never met before? Do you have a sibling or something that looks like you?" She persisted.

"Uh, no. I'm sorry-I'll be going now." And she dashed out of the studio, down the stairs and out into the dark street.

Sooyoung turned around to Jessica who was standing in silence. They exchanged looks. 

"Who the hell was that?" Jessica said once more.

Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not sure, but she seemed awful familiar. I mean, she seems nice."

"Maybe she's a trainee?" Said Jessica as they started back downstairs to their dorm. 

"I don't think so, Lee Soo Man-sshi would have informed us if there was a new trainee like her." Said Sooyoung with a yawn. 

"Whatever," Jessica groaned as she opened the door to the dorm. "We'll figure it out soon enough."



Bomi ran upstairs to her apartment and shut the door behind her, panting for air. "That was way to close," she said to herself as she threw her duffel bag onto her bed. She kicked off her shoes and threw herself onto her bed. She glanced at the clock and groaned. It was almost midnight. Two hours of sleep for her tonight. What fun. 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Well hello my little dumplings!^^

This chapter turned out shorter than I would have liked. Did you guys 

like the length of this? Or would you like it longer/shorter. Please let 

me know! 

(P.S, whoever can guess the song she's dancing to gets a brownie point^^)


See you soon~!