03

Hidden Identity

 

 03.
   Saved By The Kris
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

"Yah, Biho! Are you asleep over there?"

Bomi's eyes clicked open at the sound of Chanyeol's voice. She looked over at him and felt her cheeks get red, thank God for the mask. "Oh, sorry." She bowed.

"Just try to stay awake, or get more sleep at night or something. We can't have you drifting off during our stage performance." Chanyeol said, trying to sympathize. It was true that Bomi was so over tired, you could even hear it in her voice. 

"Alright everybody! From the top!" Said Suho. He looked over to Kai who stood at the radio, he nodded and pressed play. 

Bomi got into her spot and started dancing in sync with the others. Right now they were working on older songs, like History and Mama for their performance at SM's annual concert. She was exceptionally good at History, given it was the song she auditioned with. 

She had fun during the dance, she smiled the whole way through. Nobody saw though, thanks to her mask. Bomi was always good at hitting the beats right on cue, and that's what most of the dance for History was about. Since she had to preform the song with both EXO-M and EXO-K she was a major help when it came to finding background dancers. 

Half way through the song she started to hear the members start to sing to the lyrics. She tried her best not to laugh at their child-like personalities. 

She looked in the mirror and watched everybody's movements, making sure that she kept in beat with everybody else. Her gaze in the mirror slowly drifted over to Kris, who was leaning up against the wall talking to Luhan. He looked up in the mirror and caught Bomi's gaze, surprised she immediately looked away. 

Suddenly a rather unhappy Jessica came through the door. "Alright! I need to know who she is and why she was in your practice room last night!"  Jessica stood there in the middle of the dance studio with her arms folded, looking pretty unpleased. A few seconds later Sooyoung followed into the dance studio with a granola bar in her hand. D.O pulled her aside.

"Who is she talking about?" He whispered, his voice still a bit from the practice session that was just interrupted. 

"We came in here last night to get my phone, and there was some blonde chick in here dancing." Said Sooyoung as she took another bite of her granola bar. 

D.O looked around the room. "Sorry Sooyoung-noona, but none of us has a girl friend."

Jessica looked around the room and gave the boys a frustrated look. "Come on, one of you must have a girlfriend." Every boy shook their heads no, which left poor Jessica at a loss for words. "Then who was she?" 

"Who was who?" Baekhyun spoke up. 

"There was a girl in here last night dancing alone. Me and Sooyoung tried to get her name but she left before we could get it out of her." Jessica said. "Do you know how much beauty sleep I lost because of this girl? Come on guys think!" Jessica ordered, "Who do any of you know that has bleach blonde hair, unique eyes and is a great dancer?"

Everyone thought for a moment. All the while this is going on Bomi's heart starts beating faster and louder with every second. It seemed the more every body thought about it, one more face turned and looked her way. Everybody had that 'Aha!' look on their face when looking at her. 

Sooyoung looked over to Bomi and almost screamed, "It's you!" 

Bomi stood there frozen. She cleared and in her best guy voice she said, "I don't know what your talking about."

Sooyoung ran up to her and stared in her eyes. "Hmmm."

"Biho is a guy. Y'all are insane if you think that he's a chick." Said Tao.

"What makes you so sure?" Said Jessica. "I lost precious sleep over this people! I won't rest 'till I find out who it is."

Kris walked over to Bomi. "Well it isn't Biho, I can assure you of that," He put his arm over her shoulder, "Maybe go check with Soo Man-ssi? He might be able to tell you something."

Bomi tried as hard as she could so her face wouldn't turn strawberry. Jessica left in a huff and Sooyoung quickly followed behind, still nibbling on her granola bar. Every EXO member turned to Bomi.

"Being a flower boy has got to sometimes, right?" Luhan laughed. Bomi nodded.

Xiu Min clapped his hands together, "Alright guys! Back to practice!"

"Wait! Hey, can we have like a fifteen minute break? I need to use the bathroom." Said Chanyeol.

Chen chuckled, "How long does it take you to pee?"

"Whatever, sure, fifteen minute break guys!" said Suho.

Chanyeol went off to the bathroom and Baekhyun went with him.

"Jeeze man, you have some delicate shoulders!" Kris exclaimed, turning his body to face Bomi.

Bomi was startled, but realized that she had to look natural, her act was already on the ropes of falling apart. She forced the best male-sounding chuckle her vocal cords could allow and shrugged. "I guess this is what I get for growing up in a household full of girls."

"Oh, so you have quite a few sisters?" Asked Kris.

Bomi panicked. That was a lie, a total lie. Well, not a total lie, she did have one older sister but they never paid any attention to one another. "Uhm, yeah, uh, man. Totally. I have three older sisters." She bit her lip.

Kris smirked, "Don't hesitate to set me up with one of them, kay?" He continued to laugh.

"In your dreams." Bomi said sarcastically. She and Kris shared a good laugh and she felt relieved. That goodness that was over. She always froze up when she would talk to any of the members, especially either Kris and even Luhan at times. She always had to pay attention to being Biho, and not Bomi. She also had to make sure that she didn't let her feels get the best of her.


"
Chogiwa danbeone neukkyeo-" Sang the radio. "Neol hanibe chijeu choreom jibeo noeul tteda-"

Bomi was leaning up against the wall with the other dancers, since they don't come in until the middle of the song. She watched Chanyeol mouth the words as he danced his part. She giggled to herself - they were all so cute.

"Ah, I wish one day I'll get to be as good as they are." One of the younger dancers sighed. He was still older than Bomi by a year or two, but he acted like they were the same age. 

"You want to be an idol?" Asked Bomi.

"I did, when I was little. But then when I tried to sing for my parents they told me to put a sock in in." He laughed, "That's how I started dancing. I figured that if I couldn't sing I should at least be able to dance-right?"

"Well you definitely succeeded in that." Bomi elbowed him, "Trust me, you're just about as good as they are. Or else you wouldn't be their background dancer, now would you?"

He looked over his shoulder at Bomi. "You know Biho, you're a pretty cool guy."

Bomi felt pretty good with that comment, but then her stomach turned into a knot. She had done it again - given somebody a friend that didn't even exist. She shook it off and ignored it though. "Thanks, you too." She responded.





 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Welp, here's chappie number three! The title was supposed to be a reference
from 'Saved By The Bell', I thought it would be cute but maybe it's just
confusing. Oh well, I've never even seen the show so whatever.
Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter!
I love you all! Mwah~!