17

Hidden Identity

 

 17.
      Ice Cream Distractions
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

The six foot boy peaked in from the corner of the door, looking around the room. Bomi immediately smiled. The last time she had seen him was after their breakfast together, she didn't realize how much she missed him.

"Kim Jongin!" She called excitedly from her bed.

"I'll let you two catch up." Said the nurse with a smile, closing the door on her way out.

His eyes immediately met with her's, he didn't even make it full smile before his face fell to what seemed like pure grief.

"W-what's wrong?" She asked, touching her face in fear that she looked even worse than she thought.

He walked over to her bedside and slowly kneeled down, keeping eye contact with her the entire time. Bomi continued to give him a weird look. He lifted a hand and caressed the patch on her head.

"They said that you got beat up, but I didn't know how bad it was." He said softly. His fingers softly traced down the side of her face. She lightly took hold of his wrist, and he made eye contact with her once again.

"Who's they?" She said, her voice cracking due to dehydration.

"Even your voice is...God." He said to himself shaking his head. "'They' is Luhan and Kris."

Bomi was surprised, "Kris? What was Kris doing there?"

Kai softly smiled and released a small, almost disappointed sounding breath. He lowered his head, "Still thinking about Kris, huh?"

Bomi stuttered, "N-no, what? That's not what I mean-"

Kai stood up and Bomi let go of his wrist. "No, it's fine. I shouldn't have come here in the first place."

Her face was stricken with shock. No, she couldn't loose Kai.

"I'm sorry." He bowed and turned around to start walking away.

She grabbed his hand, this time with more strength. "Wait."

He looked back, his eyebrows raised. He could hear his heart beating so loud, he wouldn't be surprised if she could hear it.

"Listen, and listen well." She said, she pulled his hand closer for him to sit down on the bed. "I. Don't. Like. Kris."

Kai smirked, "Yeah, right. I've heard you say that how many times before?"

Bomi bit her lip, he was right. And those times that she had told him before, she wasn't even sure of her feelings. She took a deep breath, ignoring the pain, and closed her eyes. She knew now, she knew.

"Kim Jongin, I will truthfully admit that those times in the past I wasn't fully sure about what was going on, nor...who I liked. Or if I could like anybody, I thought it would just get in my way if I had feelings for any of you." She felt her heart start to quicken, looking down to her hand in his. "But now I know, for sure this time, that Kris isn't anywhere on my radar."

"But the date..."

"What date?"

"The date you had with him..."

This took Bomi to a whole other level of confused. "Excuse me?"

"When all this happened?" Kai made gestures to her face, "You were on a date with Kris, weren't you?"

Bomi shook her head, "Nope. Not that I know of." She paused, "But Suzy was."

Kai raised an eyebrow, "Then, wait. How did this-?"

She laughed nervously. "I was on a date with Luhan."

His eyes grew wider, "You what ?"

"Well, I was in the drug store with Suzy learning about nail polish and all of a sudden Luhan and Kris just come barging in arguing about Kris not going out last night to get more cold medicine and Suzy saw them and being the teenage girl she is she wanted to go meet them because she thought Kris was hot I tried to stop her but she's surprisingly stronger than you'd think so she pulled me over to them and while she started flirting with Kris I was helping Luhan find the right medicine for Sehun cause I forgot that I wasn't supposed to talk to him when I wasn't Biho and oddly enough when I handed him the medicine he said I was pretty and insisted that I was to have dinner with him."

"And you said yes?"

"Suzy answered for me."

"Why didn't you cancel on him? You should know by now that Luhan can pretty much get any chick he wants."

"Like I said, Suzy thought Kris was hot." Said Bomi, "She had the 'genius' idea of giving me a makeover so that he wouldn't exactly know 'Bomi', more like any other girl with black hair."

"Did it work?"

"I'm not sure. He knows my name, but not my face."

Kai studied her, "You know, you'd look pretty hot with black hair."

She punched his arm, "Oh hush up!"

"What? I'm just saying..." He said rubbing his arm with a fake puppy dog expression on his face.

"Now, about this date with Kris..." She said, "Why did you even think I was on a date with Kris?"

Now it was Kai's turn to laugh nervously, "Well when he came home the other night talking about you and Suzy, I just assumed," He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "And he said he was on a date with you."

Bomi cleared , "Uh, what?"

"He came in the house on the phone with Luhan, apparently he was on his way." Kai cleared his throat, "I asked him where he went and he said he was on a date with 'some girl named Bomi.'"

She pulled a face, "But he was on a date with Suzy."

They sat in silence for a second.

"Well that doesn't make any sense," Kai chuckled. "Did he get your names confused?"

Bomi shook her head, "I don't think so. When those people came out of no where, Kris grabbed Suzy's wrist and started to run saying, 'Run Suzy!' and then took off."

"Hah."

Bomi smirked, "I know, for a dragon he's not very manly."

They both shared a laugh. "So when do you get discharged?"

"I actually have no idea. I just woke up this morning."

"I know, I was expecting to get here when you were still out." said Kai, smiled.

Bomi raised an eyebrow, "Yeah, what do you mean 'while I was still out'?"

"You don't know?"

She gave him a straight face, "Uh, no? Suzy was acting weird on the phone earlier when I called her."

He rubbed his neck sheepishly, "Well I don't exactly know how to put this, but, uh - you were out for a few days after the accident."

"You're kidding."

"I wish. That's why I was so worried about you." He said casually, not catching his words.

Her eyes widened, and then softened to a smile. "I-I mean, I-uh,"

"Shht." Said Bomi putting her finger to his lips. "I know what you mean."

They smiled in unison and then began to laugh.

Kai had missed her more than he would ever be able to say, but for now he was as happy as can be knowing that she's alive and, well, breathing.

"BOMI!" A high pitched voice was heard from across the room. Bomi's face lit up as she reached out her arms. Suzy came running and she grasped Bomi as tight as she could.

"A-ahh-Suzy, it-it hurts." She stuttered. Suzy let go and started touching her face and shoulders like a worried mother after her child had gotten in a fight.

"Oh my gosh, it's really you. You're really okay!" She gave Bomi another tight squeeze. Kai stood up from the bed smiling and leaned against the wall next to it.

"Suzy? Are you in here?" A handsome face peaked around the corner of the door. Suzy looked over and waved him in.

"Yeah! Come on in you guys!"

Bomi grabbed the wrist Suzy was waving with, "Guys?"

"Yeah! I brought Myungsoo and Sungjong. I thought they would help you feel better." She smiled sweetly.

Bomi clutched her nose bridge and took a deep breath before looking back up to Suzy. She motioned her eyes and head slightly to the left where Jongin was standing.

"Wha-Oh."

"Bomi-ah!" called a baby faced boy from across the room. He fluttered over to the side of the bed and grabbed her hand, shoving Kai in the process. "Oh my, are you okay?"

Bomi's eyes grew wide as her face turned pink. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." She said, glancing to Kai several times. Her gave her a confused look.

"I was so worried! When Suzy told me you went in a coma I honestly thought you were going to die!"

Bomi laughed nervously and glanced hardly at Suzy.

Suzy, who was flirting up a storm with Myungsoo quickly translated her face.

"Oh, Sungjong - you know the Cafe has some great ice cream. Why don't you and Myungsoo go get some for everybody?"

"I'll go with him."

All faces turned to the cool looking boy who had repositioned himself against the wall. "I'd be happy to get to know you better, Sungjong."

His 'happy' tone sounded forced, but Kai had surprisingly good acting skills. Sungjong was hesitant at first, but then gave in and left with Kai.

Bomi let out a deep breath and almost started to scold Suzy when she spoke first.

"Oh my gosh I had no idea he was going to be here. If I knew I totally would have only brought Myungsoo."

She dropped her head, deciding not to yell at her. "It's fine," She said with a soft smile. She motioned for Suzy to come closer and whispered in her ear, "Why did you bring Myungsoo? I thought you had a thing for Kris."

Suzy sat back and started laughing. "Oh no, Hell no. Not after that night. Did you know that he only went with me because he had his eye on you? I talked to Luhan while you and Kris were in the bathroom, and he said that Kris really likes you. I guess he had all three of us fooled."

"How do you know that he didn't like you?"

"Luhan called me later on after he came home from dropping you off at the hospital and said that Kris admitted to it."

Bomi leaned back against the frame of the bed and brought her legs to her chest, "Huh."

"I know right." She smiled and looked at Myungsoo, "So I called up this teddy bear and he said he and Sungjong would be happy to come and visit you."

Myungsoo shook his head in agreement, "You would not believe how long it took Sungjong to pick out what he was going to wear."

"Speaking of Sungjong," Said Bomi, "I wonder how he's doing with Kai."

"Wait, I was going to ask, isn't he from that new group, uh, 'EXO' or something like that?"

Suzy shook her head, "Yeah, she's a dancer there."

"Suzy!" Bomi slapped her arm.

"What?! It's not like he's going to tell." She looked up at Myungsoo, "Right?"

He smiled, "As long as you don't want me to, I won't say a word."

Bomi turned her head the other way, "You guys are going to make me barf."

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

OMG GUISE I'M BACK. AGAIN.
I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH. I HAVE TO STOP LEAVING YOU. TT^TT

But anyway, chapter seventeen! Can you believe we're almost to twenty chapters? o.o
I hope you likes this chapter! I'm so sorry it took me like forever to write.

Don't forget to comment! It makes me feel all happy inside.

Mwah~!