06

Hidden Identity

 

 06.
   Bony Shoulders 
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

Bomi took Kai's wrist and quickly brought him to an empty corner of the store where they sold all of their hats and scarves. Kai took an appalled look at her and ripped his wrist from her grip. He opened his mouth to speak, but Bomi spoke first. 

"Look, I need you to keep this a secret." She said. 

Kai looked at her and bit his lip out of frustration, "Who the hell are you?"

"Kai, I'm Biho." She said, lowing her voice to a whisper. The first time she admitted who she actually was felt weird and almost awkward. She bit her cheek while watching his facial expressions change from frustrated to confused. 

"You're not Biho. Biho's a guy. Biho's our best background dancer, how do you even know about Biho?" 

"Because I'm Biho!" Bomi said a bit louder. He shot her an even more confused look, and it was starting to look almost angry. 

Out of things to say Bomi took the hair tie off of her wrist and pulled her hair back into a low bun. She pulled a snapback from behind Kai and put it on her head, tilted to the side a bit. 

Kai's look grew less confused and more like he had just solved a sudoku. 

"Wait, so are you're chick?" Kai asked, sounded weirded out at his own question. "No, wait, that's not right. Are you the other way? I mean I don't care if you are it's just that some of the guys-"

"Yes." Bomi sighed. 

"You're gay?" Kai asked. 

"No, idiot. I'm a girl."

He just stared at her, mouth slightly open and not blinking. Minutes ticked by and she started to feel more and more uncomfortable. 

"Look you idiot I know it's weird and I have a lot to explain but-"

"You-You were in the guys locker-room." He stuttered. 

"Ye-"

"You saw Luhan shirtless."

"I kn-"

"You've watched us get dressed."

"ACTually I never looked at anybody!" She rose her voice so that he wouldn't cut her off again. "Look, if you want to talk somewhere else I would be happy to. Just not here, and not right now."

"Why not now? Or are you dressed as someone else when you go out as well?"

She felt herself choke under his harsh words. But she knew she deserved it. 

"Actually," Bomi started. She looked over to Suzy who was chatting with one of the cashiers on how to wear a pair of bright red heels. "She doesn't know about Biho."

"I should slap you right now." Kai said, "I should slap you and leave you here on the ground." His voice was tense in his whisper. He wanted to yell, Bomi could see it in his eyes. 

"I would slap mys-"

"I'm not done." He said, Bomi watched his jaw tense up. She shuffled back a bit, feeling more and more ashamed. "You lied to all of us. You lied to Lee Soo Man-ssi. He's been nothing but kind to all of us and you straight up lied." He threw his arms in the air as if to say 'ah ha!'. "It all makes sense now! You're that girl that was in our practice room, aren't you? Kris defended you, no wonder he said that you had bony shoulders." He trailed off.

"Kai, please. Let me expl-"

"And our coordi-noona! You lied to her too, didn't you? You were the girl in Jieun-noona's MV, weren't you? She has a sharp eye, our coordi-noona. And you just lied to her like it was nothing."

"Did you want me to tell her? Did you really want me to tell her and have you guys kicked off of Music Bank?" She said with a sharp edge. "All it took was one word for me to end it all, you wouldn't have gotten your award, we would be training our asses off right now if I would have told her."

Kai looked in her coffee brown eyes and bit his cheek. It was the truth, the awful truth. 

"Just because you saved us from a day of practice doesn't make it right-"

"I never said it did." Bomi cut in, her voice thick with acid. You could tell she was getting rather frustrated.

"As I was saying, you're going to get your caught and get into a ton of trouble if you keep this up." Bomi's eyes grew wide at his surprising language, "I suggest you quit now so you don't get us, or yourself into any trouble. You got me?"

Bomi just wanted to kick him in the shins and run away. How dare he tell her to quit? And after he said that she was their best background dancer? There was no way she was leaving, not now. 

"Quit? You want me to quit and put you guys on hold for a new back up dancer?" She asked in an innocent tone.

"We can replace you like that." He said snapping his fingers. 

"Oh really, good luck with your Wolf promotions when your best background dancer quits on you." She smirked. She started to walk away when she felt his grip around her wrist. Her facial expression grew.

"Look, this is weird. This is really, really weird. I mean you, doing what your doing, is just-whatever. Just, stay. Okay?" He said, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey," Bomi said. "My eyes are over here." She said.

He rolled his eyes and looked in hers. "Stay?"

"What's the magic word?" She cooed.

"Ugh, I shouldn't even do this,"

Bomi put her hand up to her ear, "What was that?"

"Please..."

"Please what?"

"Stay?"

"Well, I suppose..." She said making a thoughtful look, "Deal." 

She smiled at his completely un-amused face. She put her hand out and Kai shook it. 

Still holding onto her hand he leaned in close to her ear, "I'm not letting you get out of this without anything in return, capish?"

Bomi got chills down her spine at the feeling of his warm breath on her neck. 

She gulped. 

"Capish."
 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Whoohoo! I can't believe how many subbies I've been getting recently!
It literally makes my day when I see that little black box.

So I just wanted to come by and say that I love you. 

So, yeah, please don't be afraid to comment either! Mwah~!