16

Hidden Identity

 

 16.
      Dear Bomi, 
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

"I can't believe I didn't meet you sooner."

Bomi fidgited in her seat. This was more than uncomfortable, "Well, you know...Korea is very populated."

Luhan smirked, "Yeah, but no one is as beautiful as you are tonight."

She bit her lip, taking a theraputic breath. Looking over to Suzy for a distraction, she found her and Kris in a lip-lock. 

"Bomi? Sweetheart, are you okay?" Luhan lightly took Bomi's hand and held it in his, gently squeezing it. Her heart was in , seeing Kris like that. Especially with her best friend. She swallowed her pride and downed a couple gulps of her water.

"I'm fine Luhan," Bomi tried to slip her hand away from Luhan's grasp, but he squeezed it tighter. 

Bomi winced, "Look, Luhan-"

"Be my girlfriend."

"What?!" She turned her head to face Luhan, when, out of no where, it was Kai.

She rubbed her eyes, "Kai?"

"Silly goose, I'm Luhan! Now, what do you say darling?"

"I don't think I can be your girlfriend Luhan." She turned away.

"Luhan? It's me! Kai!"

She whipped her head over to find Kai next to her, "Yah! How are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"What do you mean what? Cut it out!"

She stood up and tried to rip her hand from Kai's grip, when she saw the milky skin around it. 

"Bomi! Sweetheart, what are you doing?"

She looked into Luhan's eyes, despeatly wanting to smack the cuteness right off his face. "Leaving." She turned right around, forcefully taking her hand back. 

"No! I want to talk to you!"

Her eyes grew wide, she'd heard that once before. From Kai. 

She hesitantly turned around, but was astonished at what she was seeing.

"You're gay?"

"No, idiot. I'm a girl."

The restaurant was gone, Kai, Luhan, Kris and Suzy. 

"Please..."

"Please what?"

"Stay."

A huge screen, replaying sceenes from the past. 

"Do you like Kris?"

"No, what are you talking about?"

"You do, don't you?"

"I said no."

She watched herself like it was some sort of movie. And for some reason, she felt a lump in - stinging her with every breath. 

"Yah! I told you I don't like waiting."

"Well there's no need to yell."

She watched as Kai opened the door for her, and the memory flooded back to her. 

"Who the hell are you?"

"Kai, I'm Biho."

That day in the shop, she could have just walked away. Pretended that she didn't see him and forgotten the whole thing. But no, she stayed. 

"You're not Biho. Biho's a guy. Biho's our best background dancer, how do you even know about Biho?"

She mouthed the words along with Kai, she had memorized them.

She bit her lip, hard. Her mind was everywhere at once, she didn't know what was going on or why. 

"I'm not letting you get out of this without anything in return, capish?"

There was a faint popping sound when Bomi felt a liquid start to dribble down her chin. She held her finger to her lip, and felt it on her finger. Holding it to eye-height, she saw the dark red liquid.

"Ouch."

She felt a hand slip around her waist. 

Another finger was held to her lips as the figure made his way infront of her. 

She started to hear a ringing in her head, almost like a phone. A conversation began to start, it sounded as if it was being played on an old recorder. 

"I'm Kris, but I'm talking to you through Jongin, or Kai's phone."

The figure pulled Bomi closer, but she tried to push him away. 

"S-should I tell him to call Kai's phone or yours?"

"Oh! Just give him my number, it's-"

The figure got a hold oh her shirt and pulled her in until their chests were touching. Bomi was using all of her strength to push it away.

"I hope to see you in the studio soon."

She shut her eyes and pushed as hard as she could. The figure released and fell to the ground. She stood there, heavily breathing. 

A growl was heard, Bomi started to turn around, but it was too late. She was already bitten. 

"AHH!"

She immediatly sat up, panting like a tired dog. There was a hard pounding in her head, almost like a jackhammer hitting it. She lifted her hand to hold her head and then slowly laid back down. It was then when she had gotten a clearer view of where she was. 

White sheets and a silver bed frame. White tile floors. There were two or three baskets of flowers and sweets. A soft and suddle beeping noise filled the room. 

Why was she in the hospital? 

"Omo, you're awake?" asked a nurse, hesitantly stepping in the door way.

Bomi gave a confused look, "What do you mean?"

The nurse looked extreemly suprised and went off shuffling in the other direction, looking like she was in a hurry. "I wonder what that was about..." She thought to herself. 

She slowly sat up, making sure not to irritate her head again, and lifted the covers off of her body. Her legs had bruises and scrapes, and it looked like she had a deep cut in her arm. She slightly lifted up her white cotton pants and had seen that she had another deep cut on her left thigh. 

Slowly, she got up and walked to the bathroom which was just a few feet from her bed. She flicked on the light and looked up into the mirror. Her skin was pale, but not the beautiful milky shade it usually was. She looked dehydrated and tired, she had a patch on her right temple that she really wasn't in the mood to find more about. Even the lightest tap with her finger made her flinch. 

She slowly pulled down the collar of her shirt to look at her collar bones which, not to her suprise, were also bruised and scratched as well. While she was at it she decided to take a small look at her stomach. She lifted up her top, and suprisingly her stomach wasn't as bad. She did have some nasty bruises on her hip bones, but nothing too serious. 

Taking a deep breath, she flinched and started to fall but caught herself against the wall. She clenched her chest which was painfully pulsing. She sturdied herself against the sink once again and unbottoned her shirt about three-quarters of the way down. Her sternum was bruised, badly too. 

She leaned aginst the wall and slowly slid down, it's just a bruise. Why does it hurt so much? She tried to think about her days in Health class, to when they were learning about CPR. 

"The sternim is the bone, it protects the lungs, heart and major blood vessels from physical trauma." 

She slowly repeated those words to herself, remembering class that day. "Well jeeze," She said to herself, slowly getting up, "It protects my lungs and heart? No wonder it hurts." 

She walked out of the bathroom and back to her bed where she ended up just sitting. Now that she was done with inspecting her wounds, she wanted to know why she had wounds in the first place. Why was she in the hospital. 

Now where was that nurse from earlier? Whatever, maybe if she looked at the gift baskets she'd figure it out by the cards and stuff. She lifted up the first huge one and sat it infront of her. She sat crosslegged on the bed and started taking off the wrapping. Immediatly she took the note off and read it. 

Dear Bomi, 

I feel absolutley terrible. I didn't know anything like this was going to happen. When
those men came out of no where I completely froze. I wanted to help, my brain kept 
screaming at me to move my wimp- and defend you, but it was like my legs
weren't working. 
Standing there, watching you getting cut, bruised and broken...I, I don't know how to
explain what I felt. My heart was in my throat just watching it all go down, and that's 
when I ran. I feel the most guilt for this, leaving you alone. They chased after me 
although I didn't look back, even though now I regret every second. I keep hearing
your scream every day in the back of my head, echoing over and over again.
When the doctor came out and told me that you were alive, and that your heart was 
beating normally again I can't even tell you how much I cried at just the thought of 
your delicate little lungs breathing again. 

I won't ask for your forvgiveness, because I don't deserve it, nor do I even expect you to 
consider it. But for now, I just wanted to let you know how blessed I feel to know that 
your alive. 

                                                  --Luhan


Rereading the pink peice of paper, she traced her fingers over each sentence, each word, each character. "Luhan...," She whispered to herself, "..." She lifted up one hand to her chest and lightly pressed in, flinching a bit. So that's what the bruises were from.

She lightly folded the paper back up and set it on her bedside table and started to look through the basket, when she noticed her hair. 

It was blonde again, back to it was before Suzy died it.

She gasped.

Suzy!

If Bomi was in the hospital, and had almost died Suzy might as well be six-feet under by now! Bomi took self defence classes when she was younger, only to find out that the only self defence that Suzy knows is "How-To-Snatch-A-Pair-Of-Cute-Flats-From-Another-Cart-Without-Getting-Caught," and that dosen't exactly classify as 'self defence'. More like 'fashion emergency'.

She started patting her thighs for her phone when she realized that she was in a completely different cotton outfit. One that she didn't want to think about how she got into. 

"Think Bomi, where would your phone be?" She said to herself. 

She looked around the room when her eyes landed on a dresser. Maybe they put her clothes from last night in there? She carefully stood up and walked over to the dark oak dresser. 

She went through three completely empty draws until she found a blood stained black dress, a leather jacket sliced in the back and a pair of heels with a broken heel. Suzy was not going to be very happy about this. 

Moving a few things around she finally found a cracked phone. She pressed the 'on' button and thankfully, it still worked. She gave a sigh of relief and immediatly started dialing Suzy's number. 

She walked back over to her bed and sat with her knee's against her chest and the phone on her ear, patiently waiting for someone to pick up. 

"Hello?"

"SUZY!!!"

"Yah! Don't talk so lou-Wait, Bomi? Bomi is that you?"

"Yes! Suzy oh my gosh you're alive!"

"I'm alive? Well duh! I can't believe you're finally awake!"

Bomi paused, "What do you mean, 'finally awake?'"

"Wait right there, I'm leaving now to come and see you!"

"Wait Suzy I-"

Beepbeepbeepbeep.

Bomi looked down at her phone and nearly cursed Suzy's 'one-thing-at-a-time' mindset. She let out another sigh and set her phone by the letter on the table. She moved her legs so she was sitting crosslegged again to start looking through the package. 

"Ahem, Miss No?"

Bomi looked up at a different nurse standing by her door. She looked very kind, with a very pretty face too. 

"Y-yes?"

She smiled, "You have a visitor."
 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

OMG HAI GUISE
I'M FINALLY BACK. OMG. I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH. LIKE, SO MUCH.

Anyways, since I was gone for so long, I wanted to give you guys a really good
chapter, so I hope the will suffice. But don't be fooled, there will be many more to
come very soon as well. 

(I'm secretly trying to hold in my feels at the fact that I came back just in time to see Growl when it was 
released. Also at the fact that I had the dream written before any news of Growl, and how it says that 
'she heard a growl...'.)

(Also, I couldn't spell check this because for some reason AFF was being weird and it wouldn't let me. 
So please excuse any typo's for now, I'll fix them later. I promise!)

I hope you guys liked this chapter, and remember that there's more to come! 

Love you guys! 

Mwah~!


                  
                               Growl {K} & Growl {M}