13

Hidden Identity

 

 13.
      Phone Calls & Messed Up Texts
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

Yet another day of practice was canceled, and today Bomi was determined to ask Suzy for a sleepover - but first she had to ask if there was any practice the next day. She whipped out her phone and texted Kai, and to her surprise; he didn't text back. 

BomBom
9:40AM
Hey, is practice canceled tomorrow too?

BomBom
9:50AM
Kai, answer your phone. 
I need to know this. 

BomBom
10:00AM
KIM JONGIN ANSWER YOUR TEXTS.

BomBom
10:10AM
You're impossible.

Bomi called the number instead of sending another text, and sat silently on her bed while it rang. 

"Hello?"

Bomi gulped. That's not Kai, that is not Kai's voice. Did she call the wrong number? Whatever, just it up Bomi, it up. 

"Hello? Is Kai there?"

Her voice was shaky and pitched. She waited for a response. 

"Who is this?"

Okay. Now what? If it was a member they would figure her out, but if it was a stranger she'd be fine. Screw it, this sleepover will happen. 

"I'm No Bomi, calling on behalf of No Biho," She paused, "My older brother. Does he have practice tomorrow?"

Bomi could hear voice on the other end of the phone chuckling. "So you're one of sisters? I thought he said that he only had three elder sisters. He never mentioned a younger one."

Bomi's eyes got huge. She did say that, but that's not what had just put her heart in . It was the fact that she had said that to Kris.

She laughed nervously. "He told me once that he doesn't usually bring me up because he doesn't want me dating yet." She rolled her eyes and face palmed - puh-lease, that sounded like it came straight from a movie or something. 

"Oh, well in that case, you can tell him that no, we will not have practice tomorrow." Bomi smiled and started dancing around, "But, since you are his little sister and he is our best dancer - we would love to meet you some day."

Bomi stopped in her tracks. 

"W-what?"

"Well Biho is our best dancer and even by just talking to you, you don't seem like a crazy fan or anything. We would love if he could bring you into the studio some day."

Hah. He was joking. Nobody would offer that, especially not Kris. Kris liked marveling at himself in the mirror, so if there were a blemish in front of him, surely that would make for some problems. 

"Well that's very sweet of you, but I don't think he would allow for that." She took a deep breath, "Anyways, thank you for the schedule notice. I'll be sure to tell him."

"Why wouldn't he allow for it?"

Okay, this conversation has taken a turn that Bomi was not ready for. 

"U-uh, he doesn't like me...leaving the house?" 

"How does he expect you to explore the world if you don't leave the house?" She heard Kris' faint chuckle. She started to panic.

"Hah, why don't you ask him?" She did her best to try and sound convincing, but even she could see through her own lies.

"Right, right." Kris laughed again, "Can you put him on the phone for me then?"

Bomi's eyes grew larger. What now?

She stuttered, "U-uh, oh, well...he's sleeping right now." Preventing herself from hitting her face off the wall, she shoved it into a pillow. 

"Oh, well when he wakes up can you ask him to call back?" Knock knock, Bomi. Opportunities calling!

"Can I know who I have here?"

"Oh, well," said Kris, "I'm Kris, but I'm talking to you through Jongin, or Kai's phone. He's asleep - I guess he caught what the other members have as well."

"Sh-should I tell him to call Kai's phone, or yours?"

"Oh! Just give him my number, it's..." Bomi scrambled for a piece of paper and something to write with, she felt butterflies in her tummy as she wrote down every last number, "You got it?"

"Yeah, thank you again for the info."

"No problem. I hope I see you in the studio soon."

Bomi's face flushed, "We'll see, bye now."

"Bye."

Bomi gently sat the phone down next to her and just sat in silence, smiling. 


Kris put Kai's phone down on the coffee table, where he found it ringing. He sat back in the plush couch and continued to watch 'Running Man' like he had been all day. 

"Mornin'." Said a crackly voice, emerging from one of the bedrooms. "Who was that?"

Kris smiled, "Your phone was ringing, so I answered it for you. It was Biho's little sister. You know her?"

Kai's face was in surprise, "Uh, I'm not sure - I thought you said he didn't even have a little sister. Why was she calling?"

"Oh, well she's a very sweet girl, her name's Bomi. She was just wondering if her big bro had practice tomorrow."

"...And?" Kai tried not to look too obvious.

Kris looked up, surprised, "I told her no, of course. What with you now sick it's only a matter of time before me and or Luhan get it too."

Kai sat down in an arm chair, "Right, right."

"What are you doing awake anyway? You should be in bed resting!"

"Dude, it's almost ten fifty. I am not staying in bed all day."

Kris stood up, "Well then I'm going to go make you some soup." Kris handed him the remote, "Wait here."

Kai laughed, "Where else am I going to go?"

"Aish, you're impossible."


"So, you want to come over for a sleepover?"

Suzy squealed in excitement. "Yes! Yes, I'd love to!" She took a drink of her iced coffee and smiled brightly, "But can we have it at my house? Whenever we go to your apartment it always ends up really cramped and stuff."

"Sure, your house is fine. I just want to spend some time with you!" Bomi bit into her doughnut and smiled. 

"We can pick out what your going to wear to the party too!" Suzy finished off her coffee and picked at her doughnut. Bomi's brain just stopped. 

"About the party,"

"Oh don't even Bomi." Suzy interrupted, "You are going to that party."

"I guess I don't have any other choice."

"Damn right you don't."

The two girls laughed together as they enjoyed the rest of their meal when Suzy got a peculiar message from and unknown number. She gave it a strange face, "Huh..."

"What is it?"

"Nothing, I just got a text from a weird number. They say, "I haven't seen you in a while, I hope too soon." "She looked over at Bomi who had put her thinking cap on. 

"I don't know, did you meet anyone recently?"

Both girls sat in silence, thinking intensely. "Is it Myungsoo?"

Suzy looked up, "Myungsoo?"

"You know, the cute guy from the boutique who gave you his number and you thought it was a receipt?"

Suzy thought when it hit her, "Ahhhhh, Myungsoo."

"Didn't you put his number in your phone?" Bomi to a drink of her chocolate milk. 

Suzy gave a guilty look, "Weeeeellllll, I was going to. But when I got home I threw my pants in the washer with the number still in the back pocket..."

"Suzy!"

"What?"

"You really need to remember to empty out your pockets before doing laundry." She put a piece of doughnut in , "Remember that time when you put your work ID card in your back pocket?"

Suzy rolled her eyes, "Yes. Thank God I don't have to work anymore."

"You lucky duck."

"I know I am." Smiled Suzy. They both laughed.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I thought you guys disappeared on me for a while!. D:

But I was wrong.^^ Please continue to comment and support my story!

Mwah~!