12

Hidden Identity

 

 12.
    Date Happy
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

The next morning Bomi received a text from Kai saying practice was canceled for another day. At first she was a bit on edge to find a new text waiting on her phone, but once she found out what was inside she was immediately thankful for keeping his number, and not blocking it.

She layed back into bed and covered up. Closing her eyes she let out a small smile, it felt nice to finally relax.

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. Vrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

She shoved her face into a pillow. She threw it off her bed and blindly grabbed for her phone. And, what do you know? A new text from Kai.

Kai;
6:30AM
Hey, do you maybe want to grab
some breakfast?

Bomi rubbed her eyes and checked to see if she read the message correctly.

BomBom;
6:31AM
Kim Jongin, are you asking me on a date?

She sat up and her T.V. 'Coffee Prince' had just started so she decided to just sit back and watch it.

Kai;
6:35AM
It's just breakfast. Don't get your hopes up.

Bomi smirked at the message. She knew what it was.

BomBom;
6:36AM
That reply was a little slow,
everything alright?

She turned up the volume to the T.V and started to scroll down her weheartit app. Bomi was in the middle of looking at a picture of some rather tasty looking pancakes when butthead texted back.

Kai;
6:37AM
Is that a yes or a no?

Bomi contemplated on not going, but her stomach said otherwise.

BomBom
6:40AM
Well then, no need to get your in a bunch.
I'll go. Where do you want to meet?

Kai;
6:41AM
I'll pick you up at seven thirty.
Be ready, I don't like waiting.

BomBom;
6:43AM
YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE?!

Kai;
6:44AM
You better start getting ready missy.
I don't wait for anyone.

Bomi bit her lip at the message. Her mind told her to just stay and ditch breakfast, but her stomach was going to get violent with her if she waited any longer. She let out a defeated sigh and got out of bed. After all, she did have a 'date' to get ready for.



"Yah! I told you I don't like waiting."

Kai had parked his car outside, leaning on it while waiting for Bomi. She held her hand on her forehead like a visor, "Well there's no need to yell."

Kai scoffed and rolled his eyes. He opened the passenger door and motioned for her to get in. Bomi stood still, amazed at his manners.

"Well? You gonna get in or what?"

Poof. And it was gone. She got in the car and he shut the door behind her. He walked around the other side and got in the drivers seat. Putting the key in the ignition, he started on the way to the unknown restaurant.

It was quiet in the car. It was that eerie and awkward kind of quiet, you know, the one you want to avoid at all costs.

"So," Bomi said, "Why the sudden change in pace?"

Kai looked at her with an odd expression.

"What do you mean change in pace?"

"Well usually after couples argue, they don't go asking each other out for breakfast."

Kai just about stopped the car. "C-couple?" He regained his saneness and started driving at a normal speed. Clearing his throat, he let his pride get the most of him again. "We're not a couple, what are you even talking about? And you call that an argument? Psh, I've gotten into worse ones with Chanyeol over his plushies."

Bomi smiled inside, still the same old Kai. The car stopped and they both got out of the car, but Bomi grabbed Kai's wrist. 

"WAIT!"

"What? What's the matter? Are you okay?"

"Aren't people going to know who you are if we go in there? You'll get bombarded with fangirls."

Kai softly smiled and pulled her closer to him and continued to walk inside. He pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his jacket pocket. "You don't really think that I would go out without any disguise, did you?"

Bomi giggled, "That's quite a 'disguise', but it's better than nothing."

Walking into the place Bomi was already as happy as a bee in spring. The smell of maple syrup filled the space. When teh waiter passed with coffee her smile grew even wider. The smell of coffee was nostalgic for her. Kai lightly elbowed her, "What are you smiling for? We haven't even been served yet." 

"Oh, it's nothing." She said, continuing to smile. Kai chuckled on the inside. Maybe she's not as serious as she makes herself seem. 

"May I help you?" Asked one of the waiters. She had a bright smile on her face with her hair pulled into a pony tail. She was rather pretty, to be quite honest. 

"Ah, table for two?" Said Kai, taking a step foreword. 

"Do you want a table or a window booth?" 

"Window booth!" Bomi spoke up excitedly. 

She waiter giggled and looked at Kai, "Your little sister is so cute. You're such a good older brother for taking her out to breakfast."

Bomi opened to correct her but Kai slung his arm around her, she was a bit shocked. "I know I am." He laughed. 

The waiter smiled and led them to their booth. She set out their menus and let them be. 

Bomi hadn't even opened hers yet and she was already asking questions. "Little sister?"

Kai looked up at her and smirked, "What did you want me to do?"

"Hmmmm. I don't know, tell her that I'm not related to you?"

"Then what if she found out who I am? She would go around telling people that I have a girlfriend."

Bomi went silent. 

"G-girlfriend?"

Kai stopped looking through the menue and held his breath. Did he really just say that? Now how was he supposed to get out of this? Biting his lip he finally found a way to wiggle out. 

"You know. People assume."

Bomi took a deep breath, feeling slightly satisfied that he had answered her. She looked through the menu, feeling a rush of excitement. One thing about Bomi is, she could eat breakfast food all day, everyday. "So whatcha' gonna get?"

Kai looked up, and then back to the menu. "Maybe some toast with eggs. You?"

Her jaw just about dropped. "You can't get just that!"

He looked at her, confused. "What do you mean I can't get just that?"

"If you're going out for breakfast, you are going to have breakfast."

"Excuse me, are you two ready to order?"

Kai opened his mouth to speak when Bomi beat him to the punch.

"I'll have the french toast dish, and he'll have..." Bomi stopped, taking another look at the menu, "The waffle dish." 

She smiled at Kai who was giving her a slightly concerned look. "Will that be all?"

"Oh! Actually," Said Bomi, motioned for the waitress to come closer and whispered something into her ear. Kai raised an eyebrow when she walked away, carrying the menu's with her. 

"What was that?" Kai asked. 

Bomi played with the paper from her straw, "What was what?"

"What you just did. What did you order?"

"Oh me?" Bomi smiled, "I ordered a french toast dish, it's quite delicious."

"No, for me dummy."

"Oh, didn't you hear? You're getting pancakes." She smiled.

Kai's facial expression dropped. "No kidding. What did you whisper in her ear?"

Bomi pretended to be shocked, "Well that sir, is personal!"

She broke and began to laugh. "But no, seriously. You'll just have to find out." She cooed as she poked his nose. 

Kai fought the feeling of turning red as hard as he could. 



"Alright. Sorry for the wait!." Said the waitress in a chipper voice.

She placed the plated on the table and smiled before she left them to it. Bomi looked around the restaurant, "Hey, there's like no one here. I think it's safe for you to take off your sunglasses."

Kai looked up at Bomi in suprise, "Do you want me to get caught?"

"Obviously not, but how am I supposed to have a conversation with you when I can't even see your eyes?" Bomi smiled at her comment, feeling satisfied with it. 

Kai smirked, he realized what she had done, "Ah, real clever Bomi." He took off his sunglasses and fixed his hair.

"Alright! Let's eat." She smiled, shoving a huge piece of french toast in her hair. The food looked so delicious. Her french toast had butter and powdered sugar on the top in the shape of a heart, with maple syrup drizzled around the outside. Kai's pancakes were cooked in the shape of hearts and were covered in butter and maple syrup. 

He chuckled at Bomi, "You know, for a small girl you can really eat."

She looked up at Kai with innocent eyes, and a drop of maple syrup on the corner of her chin. "Hm?"

"Uh, you got a little..." Kai said, doing motions with his hand. Bomi kept looking at him, her eyes like a doe. 

"What?"

"Here," 

Kai reached over the table and brushed her hair out of her face. He lifted a napkin and lightly brushed it against the corner of . She sat there, completely frozen as he lowered himself back into his seat. She started to eat his pancakes, but Bomi silently sat there thinking, "Wasn't that a move from Coffee Prince?"

Kai looked up at her, "Yah, why aren't you eating your food?" He took a bite of pancake and drank some of his coffee. She was snapped back into reality. 

"Oh, sorry." 

She started to eat again, taking a bite of her french toast, smiling.




"Ah, thank you." Said Bomi as the waiter took the plates.

"No problem." She smiled and walked off. Kai started to put his jacket back on when Bomi stopped him.

"Hey, not yet. Just wait a minute."

Kai looked confused, "A minute for what?"

The waiter came back, but this time she had a tray with an ice cream sundae on it. Kai looked at Bomi in surprise. 

"What's this?"

"It's for us, silly." She smiled. 

The waiter layed out two spoons, "Enjoy." 

"What are you thinking? It's barely noon!"

Bomi smiled and took a bit of the sundae onto her spoon, "Oh whatever, you barely get to eat things like this on a regular day." She swirled her spoon in the whipped cream, "I just wanted you to have a good time."

She looked up and lifted the spoon in the air, "Now say ahhhh."

Kai's face flushed a color to match the cherry as he looked at the spoon and back at Bomi, "Say ahhh." She cooed again, here comes the choo-choo train."

Kai shyly opened his mouth as Bomi delicately fed him the ice cream. He took the spoon from her and smiled, "Thank you."

"For what?" Bomi unwrapped the other spoon and took a bit of the ice cream. 

"For giving me a good time." He took her spoon from her and swirled it in the whipped cream, "Now say ahhh."

Bomi smiled and opened , "Ahhh~". Kai fed her the ice cream. She smiled and took the spoon from him. 

"Ah, they are so cute!" Said one of the waitresses. They were watching Kai and Bomi from the podium. 

One of them nodded her head, "Just like in dramas!"

"It's so adorable!"

"I thought they were brother and sister..."

They all squealed at the two, causing them to look over. They immediately stopped and turned around, Bomi and Kai turned to each other and out of no where, they broke out laughing. 



The car parked in the parking lot of Bomi's apartment building.  

"Well I'll go."

"Wait."

Bomi looked over at Kai, "Hm?"

"You said that you just wanted me to have a good time," Kai started, he looked over at Bomi, and then back to the steering wheel, "But I thought you hated me."

Bomi sighed. "Look, I've seen how you guys train. Heck, I train with you! It's painful, hard and can make someone have some serious cravings." Bomi gave a small laugh, "And I know that you've been having a hard time lately, getting injuries here and there, and you can't even hang with your own friends because they're sick."

Kai looked over, "You're point?"

"I don't know, you just - you just seemed like you needed a pick-me-up."

"A pick-me-up?"

"Aish, I'm done with you." She got out of the car and looked through the window, "Text me when you want to do this again. I even have to admit, it was fun."

She waved and started walking back to the building, Kai watching her every step. 

He started the car and a small smile crept up on his face.

"She had fun."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

IM FINALLY ABLE TO GET THIS CHAPTER UP

Since there wasn't an update for the past few days, I decided to make this a good one.

But during that time, I was able to get a poster! What do you think? In a month I'll get another one 

to keep things fresh, but I really like this one.^^
I hope you like it~, and I also hope there are no other connection problems in the future.

Mwah~!