09

Hidden Identity

 

 09.
   Low Battery
 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


 

"UGH!"

Bomi entered her room and shut the door behind her harder than usual. She leaned against the back of it and slid down until she was sitting on the floor, she buried her head in her knees and tried to figure out what had just happened. 

Well, despite how odd and out-of-the-ordinary it seemed, it was pretty straight foreword, what had just happened. 

Kai wanted to kiss her. 

Kris had seen her bare face.

Suzy saw her in what looked like a 'couples pose' with Kai, and still hadn't told her who he was. 

Let alone, who she was. 

She looked up and around her room. Her messy bed and the T.V which she had left on this morning, which was playing reruns of Boys Over Flowers.  The bathroom light was on too, it was a mess inside. 

A faint buzzing sound could be heard. Bomi straightened out her legs, sat her backpack on her lap, and started looking through the pockets for her phone. She pulled out the white device and unlocked it, to find a new text waiting for her from an unknown number. She clicked on the message. 

Unknown; 
7:38PM
Meet me at the studio. 

She stared at the message. 

BomBom;
7:40PM
Who is this?

She hit send and headed to the bathroom to wash her face and get ready for bed. She was in the middle of washing her face when a new message arrived. 

Unknown;
7:44PM
I think you know who this is.
Please, meet me at the studio so I can explain myself. 

She squinted her eyes to read the small text through the face wash. She rinsed it off and dried her hands, finally realizing who it was. She was furious, he was so lucky that she had control of who she caps locked. 

BomBom; 
7:46PM
Why should I meet you? Do you know how embarrassed I am about today?

She hit send a bit to hard on her phone and smudged the screen in the process. She started to brush her teeth when a new message had arrived. 

Kai;
7:47PM
I have to talk to you. Please, just come. 


Bomi wished she could see his face right now. He should be back in the dorm getting ready for bed like all of the other members, but no. He was sitting there texting her. He was just asking to get caught. 

Despite everything, Bomi couldn't say no. She was embarrassed and hurt and confused and frustrated with Kai and what he did, but she thought it would feel good to hear him apologize. 

BomBom;
7:50PM
You're one lucky duck, you know that? 
Whatever, I'll see you in fifteen.

She rolled her eyes at her own message as she clicked send. She spit out her tooth paste and headed to the door to put her shoes back on when she got another text from him.

Kai; 
7:52PM
Thank you so much. 
But, just one more thing. 
Come as Bomi, I've seen enough of Biho. 

Holding back the urge to throw her phone at the wall, she sighed as she reread the text. She did just buy some new things with Suzy the other day, and it would give her an excuse to wear them. 

BomBom;
7:55PM
Fine. 

She threw her phone on the bed and it bounced a few times before landing safely on her pillow. She grabbed the hangers that held her new clothes and got dressed and fixed her hair, then off she went to the studio, where, hopefully, there wouldn't be a bloody murder. 



She opened the door to the dance studio and flicked on the light. No body was there. Great. She took out her phone, ready to text Kai a well thought out and colorfully worded paragraph when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around, ready to strike, when another hand caught her wrist. She looked up and met eyes with the perpetrator, he looked down at her and almost smiled. 

"What is this, the second time I've seen you as a girl?"

Bomi ripped her wrist from his grip and put it on her hip. 

"You'll be lucky if you see me like this again." She growled, turning her attention back to her phone. It was a trick she learned from Suzy, even if you're not texting anybody make it seem like you're busy so it makes you look more important. 

"Look, I know that was weird earlier but,"

"But what? There's nothing left to say. I think you've said enough already anyways." Bomi snapped. She slid her phone into her pocket and stood silently, waiting to hear what he had to say next. 

"You're right. I screwed up." He turned around and started walking to the door. Where did he think he was going?

"Hey! What are you doing?" Bomi called. Kai stopped and turned around, shrugging his shoulders. 

"I thought you had said I had said enough already. I don't want to upset you anymore so I just thought that-"

"Oh cut the crap Jongin." Bomi said folding her arms. "Just say what you need to say so we can both get some sleep." Bomi half way slid her phone out of her pocket and checked the time. 

"Do you like Kris?" 

Bomi looked up, shocked at what Kai had just said. Despite everything that happened, she felt her face get hot. "No, what are you talking about?"

"You do, don't you?" 

"I said no."

"Yeah, well you're a girl. And girls never say what they mean."

"You better watch what you say."

"Or what?"

"Do I need a reason for you not to make ist comments?"

"Is there a reason you won't admit you like Kris?"

"Maybe because I don't like him?"

"Oh please."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I swear, if you didn't know any better, you would have thought they were an old married couple. 

"Look, I really need to get some sleep tonight, so if you just brought me here to bicker I'm going to leave."

Kai bit his lip and sighed. 

"Well? Out with it."

"I might have told Kris about you."

"What do you mean 'told him about me'?"

"I tried to tell him about your whole situation, but he wouldn't listen to me!" 

Bomi took a step foreword and got ready to hit him, but then took a step back. She couldn't hit him, who was she kidding?

"So he doesn't know?"

"He thinks I'm crazy, that's about it."

"And to think, I actually believed I was here for you to apologize." Bomi pinched her nose bridge and checked the time on her phone again when a little message popped up saying "20% Battery". 

"Why would I apologize?"

"Because you said you were in the message?"

"First of all I said I wanted to explain myself, and second of all, well, how else was I going to get you here?"

"I can't believe you." Bomi shoved her phone in her pocket and started to walk to the door. 

"Now what do you think your doing?"

"Leaving."

"No! I want to talk to you!"

Bomi stood in the door way and turned around, "Really? About what? What could you possibly have to say?"

Kai stood there, looking at Bomi with the face of a sad puppy, not saying a word. She bit her lip and swollowed all of the feelings telling her to say. She turned around and left, not looking back. 

Kai stood alone in the quiet, cold room. All of his thoughts and feelings trying to come up at once. 


"I like you..."


 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey there my little dumpling~!
Thank you guys so much for starting to comment. It really means a lot.
I hope you liked this chapter! Next one will be up tomorrow~!
Oh, by the way, do you like these daily updates? Or should I space them out more to create more 
anticipation?

Mwah~!