9

Listen

 

 

 

The same day that Taeyeon and the others have their variety show, Seohyun started her day as normal. She woke up early, woke up her members, and prepared for school. It’s as if what happened yesterday at practice is nothing at all. Her unnies are itching to ask her about it, but Yoona managed to convince them to give Seohyun time to sort herself out.

 

The truth is, Seohyun is observing them the whole time, listening to their thoughts. Having come to terms with her still unexplainable power, she decides to use it to the fullest. Maybe I can be of more help to my unnies with this, she thought to herself when she woke up last night after crying herself to sleep. I could find out who Yuri unnie likes and help Yoona unnie. I could also find out what’s the best thing to do for Hyoyeon unnie so I wouldn’t hurt her anymore. With that resolve, she decides to observe and listen to her member’s inner thoughts.

 

Her alarm on her phone went beeping at exactly 6 in the morning as usual, much to the annoyance of her roommate.

 

If only I wasn’t hopelessly in love with you… Hyoyeon thought while covering her ears with her pillow and turning her back at Seohyun. The younger girl just chuckles and turns off the alarm. After doing her business in the bathroom, she decides to read a book first as it is too early yet to disturb her unnies. After a few minutes, she hears some movement in the living room and saw Yuri already awake and doing yoga exercises.

 

“Morning, unnie.”

 

“Morning Seobaby”, Yuri said then continues to do her yoga. Hmm, what schedules do I have today, Yuri thought. I know I have one but I can’t remember…

 

Seohyun meanwhile is already in front of Taeyeon and Sunny’s room to wake the leader up. She is about to knock on the door when it opens, revealing a cute dorky shorty yawning.

 

“Good morning unnie”, Seohyun shyly said.

 

“Morning”, Taeyeon replies and is about halfway out the door when she stops and stares at Seohyun. “Seohyun…”

 

“Yes unnie?”

 

Are you okay? Is what she wants to ask but she remembers Yoona’s pleadings not to bother the maknae for now. “Give Sooyoung and Yoona more time to rest, ok? They came in late last night from drama filming. Oh, and Jessica went to her parent’s home last night”, Taeyeon said instead. Seohyun nods and went into the room to wake Sunny up.

 

We’re here for you if you needed us, you know? Taeyeon thought as she made her way to the kitchen, which of course Seohyun heard. She sighs and taps Sunny to wake her up.

 

“Mmm yeah I’ll be right out”, Sunny said adorably while stretching. Seohyun nods and is almost out of the room when she hears Sunny think, Why did we have to wake up? I want more time to cuddle my Taengoo… which made Seohyun stop in her tracks.

 

“Is there something else, Seo?” Sunny asks.

 

“No, nothing, unnie”, Seohyun said and goes out as fast as she can. She didn’t look at where she is going and bumped into Yuri, who manages to catch her.

 

“Woah, be careful there Seo. Haven’t had your coffee yet?” Yuri smirks.

 

“Not yet unnie”, she absentmindedly replies, her thoughts still with Sunny. I’m over thinking things, Seohyun thought. Maybe it’s not what I think she meant. Why am I suddenly having these byun thoughts?

 

“I don’t mind staying like this, Seo, if that’s what you want”, Yuri suddenly said. Seohyun then realizes that she is hugging Yuri while the older girl’s hands are around her too. She lets go but Yuri holds her tight.

 

“Unnie, I need to wake Tiffany unnie up”, Seohyun said but Yuri held her closer. She rests her head on Seohyun’s shoulder and rubs her back.

 

I hope you’ll feel better maknae. Even without hearing her thoughts, Seohyun understands Yuri’s feelings. She knows the rest of her group is concerned with her too, but she can’t tell them what’s wrong. How is she supposed to say that she can read minds?

 

“Thanks Yuri unnie”, is all she manages to say. Yuri lets her go and smiles at her. Seohyun smiles back and then goes to Tiffany’s room. She opens the door and sees Tiffany curling up under her pink blanket. Seohyun smiles at how cute her unnie looks right now and was about to wake her up when she suddenly hears her voice.

 

Don’t touch me there Jessi. You’re such a ert.

 

Seohyun sees Tiffany smile in her sleep. It’s too bad she can only hear their thoughts and not see them, so she doesn’t know what Jessica is doing to Tiffany in her dream. No, scratch that. I think it’s better that I don’t see, Seohyun thought, her face slowly turning red. She is still deep in her thoughts that she didn’t notice Tiffany stirring to wake up. Tiffany opens her eyes and sees a cute blushing maknae in front of her.

 

“Morning Seo.”

 

Seohyun lets out a cute squeal. “Unnie, don’t scare me like that.” Tiffany just laughs. She decides to .

 

“It’s your fault. You were creeping at me while I sleep.”

 

“I’m not creeping, unnie. I was just about to wake you up.”

 

“Then why are you blushing?”

 

“I… I…” Seohyun can’t say that she heard part of Tiffany’s dream.

 

Aigoo, you’re so cute maknae.”You’re mesmerized by my beauty, huh?”

 

Seohyun smiles and said, “Not really--Ow!” Tiffany smacks her head lightly and chuckles with her eyesmile.

 

“It’s too early for that kind of flirting.” The two see Hyoyeon at the door with a slightly annoyed face and Yuri at the back, snickering.

 

Ooh, Hyoyeon’s jealous, Tiffany and Yuri thought.

 

“Seohyun started it.” Tiffany said while sitting up.

 

Seohyun pouts. She can hear Hyoyeon’s thoughts and doesn’t want to fan the flames of anger any more. “Unnie, stop making jokes like that.” Hyoyeon just stays quiet and stares at the two.

 

Yuri decides to join in the fun. “Haha are you trying new ways to wake up people by creeping up on them, Seobaby?”

 

“Unnie!”

 

Hyoyeon turns around and left, but Yuri catches her and back hugs her. Hyoyeon felt how sweaty she is. “Eww, get off me, you sticky kid!” she says as she struggles to get out of the hug, but Yuri proved a little bit stronger. They both wrestle a bit until finally, Yuri lets go but without earning a slap on the shoulder by Hyoyeon.

 

“That hurts,” Yuri said while rubbing the slapped part. Hyoyeon just stares angrily at her so Yuri just stuck her tongue out and run to the bathroom before Hyoyeon does any more damage to her. Seohyun and Tiffany laughs at the exchange but stops when Hyoyeon glares at them. They then all made their way to the kitchen and see Taeyeon making omelet rice while Sunny is still a little sleepy but is setting the table.

 

As they eat their breakfast, Seohyun’s head starts to hurt. It hasn’t hurt in a while now so it is a surprise to her. She winces as the pain throbs.

 

What’s wrong with Seohyun? She hears Taeyeon think. She looks up and smiles at their leader. She finishes quickly and stands up first.

 

“You going somewhere Seohyun?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“I’ve got school today.”

 

“Oh okay”, Hyoyeon said, dejected. I wanted to hang out with you today.         

 

“You’ve got a schedule today, right?” she asks Hyoyeon. Seohyun hears the answer from Taeyeon and Sunny’s thoughts even before Hyoyeon answered.

 

“Yeah’ we’ve got a variety show today.”

 

Ah that’s it! I’m supposed to go with them today! Yuri thought.

 

“Ok, have fun unnies”, Seohyun smiles at them and made her way to her room to prepare her stuff. She hears her unnies talking about their schedule later, but in their minds they are wondering how Seohyun could act so normal. Seohyun sighs, she knew she couldn’t get away with her behavior yesterday, but she’s glad that they’re concerned for her. She went out the room and said goodbyes to her members, who told her to be careful since she’s going to take a taxi and not their usual van to school. As she hails a cab her head starts to hurt again, so she pops a pill and hope that the headache would go away, not knowing that later that day she would get an even bigger headache.

 

 

 

 

A/N: This was supposed to be longer, but I decided to split it into two chapters so I could write the next chapter better. So enjoy this filler chapter for now. Hehe then I'll upload the next one as soon as I can :) Thanks for reading and subscribing!