14

Listen

 

 

 

“Uuuuugggggghhhhhh…..” A scary groan was heard through the girl’s dorm.

 

“What was that, Taengoo?” Sunny asks Taeyeon. The two of them are busy preparing lunch for the girls. It sounds like a ghost… But there are no ghosts in our dorm, are there?

 

“I don’t know Sunny”, Taeyeon answers.  It can’t be a ghost; it’s the middle of the day… The two of them look at each other before hugging in fear. Hyoyeon enters the kitchen and sees the danshin couple shaking as the groan was heard again.

 

“It’s Seohyun. You guys made her drink too much and now she has a bad hangover”, Hyoyeon explains as she goes to their medicine cabinet and looks for some pills that could help her Seobaby. Is there ever a good hangover? Sunny thought. As if on cue, Seohyun enters the kitchen sluggishly, with a blanket covering her. Her hair is messy and she’s wearing shades even though she’s inside.

 

“Uuugghhhh…” she groans again while taking a seat. My head hurts so much… and why is everything so bright? She sees a cup of water and some pills in front of her. She looks up and sees Hyoyeon smiling at her.

 

“Drink this. It always helps me whenever I have a hangover.”

 

Too loud. “Unnie, please don’t shout. I’ll drink this, don’t worry”, Seohyun says in voice that’s barely audible. She fumbles while opening the pill bottle so Hyoyeon helps her. She puts the pills in , drinks the water to push it down, and then lays her head on the table.

 

“Uuuuggghhhh…” she groans again.

 

Hyoyeon rubs her back and glares at the other two girls. You should be ashamed of yourselves, making my Seobaby suffer like this!

 

The other two understood what the glare meant and bow to apologize. Just then, the door to their dorm opens and some loud footsteps were heard.

 

“We’re back!”

 

“I smell something cooking!”

 

“Race you to the kitchen!”

 

“Hey don’t leave us with the shopping bags!”

 

“Uuuuugggghhh….”

 

Yoona and Sooyoung stop in their tracks as they see Hyoyeon glaring at them. Sunny and Taeyeon were making gestures, telling them to be quiet. Seohyun still has her head on the table, and groans again.

 

“What’s wrong with Seohyun?” Yoona asks softly.

 

“Hangover”, Sunny mouths to them. I’m starting to regret having forced her to drink those shots, she thought. The shikshins understood and proceeded to sit at the table quietly.

 

“Hey I told you guys to help me-“

 

“Ssshhhhhh!” The girls shush Yuri, who entered the kitchen to scold Yoona and Sooyoung. Why are you shushing me? Yuri raises her eyebrow in question and they all point to Seohyun, who now has her hands to her ears.  Oh, the maknae’s sick? Yuri nods then glares to the two shikshins. She points to the living room and gestures for them to go to there. The two pout and point to the food. Hyoyeon walks to them and pulls them by their shirt to Yuri’s waiting hands. They whine silently, which made Taeyeon and Sunny snicker.

 

Hyoyeon sighs and goes beside Seohyun. “Come on, Seobaby, go back to sleep for now”, she whispers. Seohyun obeys and stands up with the help of Hyoyeon.

 

“What about lunch?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“I’ll just eat later unnie”, Seohyun replies softly. The roommates walk to their room, unfortunately they have to pass by the living room first, which means that Seohyun has to endure some more noise.

 

“Seohyunnie!” Tiffany shouts (she probably just talked in her normal voice, but to hung over Seohyun, she’s shouting). “Look what your favorite unnie bought you!” She runs to Seohyun and shows her a pair of high heels.

 

“Thanks unnie”, Seohyun mumbles then proceeds to her room to sleep.

 

Tiffany’s smile slowly disappears.”What’s wrong with her? Is she sick?” She asks Hyoyeon.

 

“Hangover”, Hyoyeon replies. Probably the worst hangover I’ve ever seen.

 

“Who has a hangover?” Jessica interrupts.

 

“Seohyun”, Tiffany answers. “Will she be able to go with us later?” She asks Hyoyeon.

 

“We’ll see. But for now, people need to give her some peace and quiet”, Hyoyeon turns to Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung. “And by people I meant you three chodings.”

 

“That’s big talk coming from the biggest choding of them all”, Sunny mumbles which every one of them heard, earning Sunny a glare from Hyoyeon. ”By the way chodings, lunch is ready.” But before Sunny even finished her sentence, two out of the four chodings rush to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

The girls are at the salon, having their hair and makeup done for their schedule later. Hyoyeon along with Sooyoung is making everyone laugh with their antics when Seohyun bursts into the salon suddenly.

 

“Unnies! Why didn’t anyone wake me up?” She asks in between huffs, as she rushed to get there.

 

Hyoyeon quickly hugs her while Sunny gives her a glass of water. “I’m sorry, Seobaby, it’s just that we’re not sure if you’re well enough to go the schedule today.” Besides, no one wants to wake you up because you were so cute when you’re sleeping.

 

“I’m okay now, unnie. I still have a little bit of headache, but I can manage.”

 

Taeyeon breaks their hug and asks Seohyun,” You sure you can do this? I’ve already told manager oppa that you probably won’t be coming, and we already have a plan on how we’ll manage to perform.” We don’t want you to strain yourself.

 

Are they going to perform without me? “But TTS is supposed to perform too right?”

 

“We were asking manager oppa to make it so SNSD will perform Twinkle together”, Tiffany interjects. The others know the choreography well enough anyway.

 

“I’m fine, unnies. I can’t be selfish and stay in bed while you guys do all my work”, Seohyun says, brushing her unnies off and sitting down to one of the salon chairs. The others tried to convince her, but Seohyun, being stubborn, insists on performing with them. She can hear their concerned thoughts, but she doesn’t want to come out as a spoiled maknae, so she resists their efforts to convince her to go back to bed. Finally, they all give up and let the stylist fix her hair and makeup.

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon got a call from their manager. “Hyoyeon, you need to go now, they need you for rehearsals of the opening number.” Since Hyoyeon is already finished with her hair and makeup, she stands up to leave. She says goodbye to everyone but stops in front of Seohyun, who looks up to her.

 

How should I say goodbye to her? Should I kiss her? She thought suddenly. I mean, she did confess last night right? She even kissed me! And by the way she confessed, it’s like she knows my feelings already. But she was also drunk… Hyoyeon then felt someone holding her hand and sees Seohyun staring at her.

 

Seohyun was actually surprised by what Hyoyeon was thinking about. I don’t remember doing that! “Unnie…” she starts, “about last night…”

 

You want to talk about it now, just when I’m about to leave? “W-what about last night?” Hyoyeon nervously asks. The rest of the girls stop what they were doing and paid attention to the two. Sooyoung told all of them what she saw last night, so they all know.

 

“What time did you arrive? I don’t remember seeing you enter the dorm…”

 

That sentence made Hyoyeon feel like someone shot her through the heart. So she doesn’t remember kissing me last night?  

 

“What’s the last thing you remember from last night?” Sooyoung asks.

 

Seohyun thinks. She looks to the others and says, “When Yuri and Yoona unnie…” then she blushes. Yoona and Yuri also blush while the rest just smile.

 

Oh, she really doesn’t remember. “Don’t worry,” Hyoyeon sadly says to Seohyun,” You didn’t do anything embarrassing. I’ll see you later, kay?” She then gives Seohyun a peck on the cheek which made the younger girl red. Hyoyeon smiles at her before exiting the salon. I’ll hear you say it out loud someday,  she thinks to herself as she leaves.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting!!! :)

 

HAHAHA i made a mistake. I uploaded the wrong chapter a while ago. to those who have accidentally read the next chapter shhhh keep the plot to yourselves for now ok? hehhe anyways double update for today :D

Anyway, to tell you guys, I originally planned to finish this story in 10 chapters, but it obviously went more than that. So... I finally managed to stop myself from prolonging the story and sad to say, after planning everything out, it'll end in by chapter 16. BUT!(hehe ) There's an epilogue, and a special chapter (something I wasn't able to fit in the story but still wanted to write anyways) after chapter 16. ONly after publishing those will I mark the story complete. Thank you so so much for taking the time to read this story... It makes me feel giddy knowing some people are willing to listen to me. Hehe thanks again!!!