12

Listen

 

 

 

Outside the window, Seohyun can see the rain pouring heavily and lightning flashing miles away. She’s the first one to arrive home today, her outdoor CF shoot cancelled due to the storm. It has been a few days since she admitted to herself (and to Yoona) that she is starting to have feelings for Hyoyeon. However, she couldn’t hang out that much with her favorite unnie because her schedule is suddenly swamped, making up for the lost time she had when she hit her head during the concert riot a few weeks ago. Today was the first time she had nothing to do for the next few hours, and being alone in the dorm, it felt kind of lonely. She thought about calling Hyoyeon, but she doesn't want to disturb her in the middle of a schedule. She decides to read a book for the meantime while listening to some music.

 

Seohyun didn’t realize she fell asleep until she felt the earphone cords almost strangling her neck. She untangles the wires and sits up. She can hear the rain hammering the building, followed by a flash of lightning and boom of thunder. A dolphin-like scream is then heard throughout the neighborhood, followed by a sneeze.

 

“Hahaha Sica, bless you", Tiffany says while chuckling at how weird Jessica looked when she sneezed. Looks like they’re home, Seohyun thought.

 

“Fany-ah, that seriously scared me”, Jessica sniffs while Tiffany tries to wipe her nose.

 

Seohyun then hears the door opening and closing, followed by some wet footsteps.

 

“Welcome home, Sooyoung!”Sunny says, “Shoot got cancelled, huh?” And it looks like you walked through a waterfall too.

 

“Yeah,” Sooyoung answers, “This storm is really something, huh? When the rain started, our director suddenly wanted to shoot some rain scenes, but when it began to pour harder, we couldn’t do it anymore so he had to end the filming.” Sooyoung looks around. “The others not yet home?”

 

“Yoona and Yuri are in their room, Hyoyeon is still in the dance studio, and I don’t know where Seohyun is”, Sunny answers.

 

“I’ll call her”, Taeyeon volunteers. Seohyun then hears her phone buzz and gets off the bed. She answers it while turning on the lights in her room, which shocked the others in the living room.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Seohyun?” Taeyeon opens the door to Hyoyeon and Seohyun’s room. Oh thank God it’s not a ghost. She sees Seohyun smiling at her before ending the call. “Since when have you been here?”

 

Seohyun looks at the clock. It’s already past 8pm. “Since 1 o’clock, unnie. I went to sleep right after I got here. Did you guys have dinner yet?” She asks while yawning.

 

“Not yet. We were planning on calling for a delivery, but I doubt anyone’s gonna brave the storm at this rate, so Sunny is cooking up something”, Taeyeon says as they both went out of the room. Seohyun goes to the living room and sits beside Tiffany and Jessica who are watching a movie. Taeyeon went straight to the kitchen to help Sunny out.

 

Seohyun looks out the window. The rain is pouring harder than before. I hope Hyoyeon unnie is ok.

 

Jessica wipes her runny nose with Tiffany’s shirt (“YAH!” Tiffany shouts) and sees Seohyun looking worriedly out the window. I bet she’s thinking about Hyoyeon. “Don’t worry Joohyun, Hyoyeon and manager oppa are waiting for the rain to die down before they would drive home.”

 

Seohyun sighs in relief. At least they’re not stupid enough to risk driving in this weather. She was about to stand up and help two of her unnies in the kitchen when she sees Yoona and Yuri go out of their room, holding hands.

 

“Mmmm something smells good”, Yoona says, sniffing the food Sunny and Taeyeon are cooking in the kitchen. She quickly lets go of Yuri’s hand and heads to the kitchen. Seohyun notices Yuri suddenly frowning at the lost of contact.

 

So you’ll leave me for food huh? What an awesome rival for my girlfriend. I suddenly feel bad for whoever goes into a relationship with Sooyoung. Yuri then sits beside Jessica in the couch and watches the movie with them.

 

Seohyun gasps. Girlfriend? Did Yoona unnie confess? If she did, then did Yuri unnie accept? I know they have feelings for each other… Omo… Do the others know?

 

Yuri then sees Seohyun looking at her. “Why are you staring at me, Seobaby?” Yuri teases her which makes Seohyun blushes and looks away to see Sooyoung and Yoona enter the living room.

 

Sooyoung then whines to her roommate. “Sica, Taeyeon kicked me out of the kitchen…” She kneels in front of Jessica and pretends to sob. I just wanted to taste their cooking… Jessica flicks her forehead, which made Tiffany laugh.

 

“It’s your fault, Sooyoung unnie. If you haven’t been munching loudly, we wouldn’t have been caught.” Yoona pouts at her while proceeding to sit at Yuri’s lap. Yuri hugs her by the waist and rests her head on Yoona’s shoulder. Seohyun notices that Yoona is suddenly blushing by this small gesture from Yuri.

 

Don’t leave me again like that, Yoona. Yuri hugs Yoona tighter. She smiles as she can suddenly hear Yoona’s heart go on overdrive. She looks at Yoona who turns her head away, but still the older girl can see the younger girl’s ears go red.

 

Why can’t I stop smiling, Yoona thought. If this goes on, the others might notice. Omo, I can feel my face warm up… Ah, my heart.

 

Seohyun tries to stop herself from chuckling as she watches the two. Sooyoung notices Seohyun and follows her line of sight. She sees Yuri and Yoona both blushing, with Yuri hiding her face in Yoona’s back, and Yoona suddenly finding the ceiling fascinating. There’s something going on between these two, she thought. Soon she finds herself watching them too, just like Seohyun.

 

Tiffany sees Sooyoung become quiet, and turns to see Yuri now smiling as she smells Yoona’s hair, while Yoona is gently Yuri’s hands and smiles. Something feels different between them. She nudges Jessica but sees that the girl has her eyes close, taking a quick nap. Aish, this sleepyhead.  She then watches Yoona and Yuri instead of the movie.

 

Taeyeon enters the living room and notices that no one is paying attention to the movie anymore. “Yah!” She shouts, making them all look at her, “Turn off the TV if you’re not gonna watch!” Seohyun complies and turns it off. “By the way, dinner’s ready.”

 

“FINALLY!” Sooyoung shouts, and then quickly runs off to the dining area. Yoona follows, but not without grabbing Yuri’s hand tightly. Tiffany manages to get out of a sleeping Jessica’s hug and tries to wake her up.

 

Jessica opens her eyes and groggily answers. “I’ll be there, don’t worry.” Tiffany sighs and heads to the dining table while Seohyun follows with Jessica lazily walking behind her. They see Yoona and Sooyoung gobbling most of the food already so they quickly sit and like the rest, try to get some of the food on their plate and away from their shikshins. When most of the food was gone, Sunny stands up and heads to the fridge. She brings out 8 cups with some kind of liquid in them and gives each of the members a cup.

 

“What’s this?” Yuri asks.

 

“It’s just fruit smoothies. I‘ve been mixing different fruits to make a shake. Try it”, she says with a wink at Taeyeon. Yoona and Sooyoung smile, because they’ve seen earlier what Sunny put in these drinks.

 

“This doesn’t have cucumber, does it?” Jessica cautiously asks while sniffing the drink.

 

“Of course not.” It does have some soju in it, though.

 

Seohyun hesitates upon hearing that. She wonders if drinking this might affect her later. She then sees Tiffany and Yuri taking a sip.

 

“Does this have-? “Yoona quickly covers Yuri’s mouth. She puts a finger to her lips and shushes her. Don’t ruin Operation: Get Seohyun Drunk Part 2!

 

Taeyeon grins. “Let the others have a drink first then guess what ‘fruits’ Sunny put in there.”

 

Jessica takes a sip and smiles when she tasted the secret ingredient. “This is well done, Sunny. Good job.” She gives Sunny a high five.

 

All that was left is Seohyun.  She can feel her unnies’ stares and hear their thoughts anticipating her reaction. She decides to give in and takes a sip. She is surprised at how good it tasted. She takes another sip. “This is good unnie!” She takes a larger gulp this time. Sunny and Taeyeon secretly high five each other when they see Seohyun enjoying the drink. Surprisingly, Seohyun finishes her drink before the others did.

 

“What do you think, Seobaby?” Taeyeon asks.

 

Seohyun smiles. “Very tasty unnie.” If all alcoholic drinks are these good, I don’t mind drinking a lot.

 

Alright, time for phase 2. “Would you like to have another? Me and Sunny can make you another one.”

 

“Sure unnie, if it won’t take long”, Seohyun says as Sunny takes her cup while Taeyeon prepares the ingredients. She hears what exactly they are planning for phase 2 as the other girls crowd Taeyeon and Sunny to watch them mix the stuff.  “And… I don’t mind if you add more soju, Taeyeon unnie”, she suddenly adds which surprised the eldest and almost made her drop the soju bottle.

 

 

 

 

It was already 2am when Hyoyeon manages to arrive at their dorm. When she reaches their door, she can hear laughter inside. They’re still awake? She punches in the code, but before she could press enter the door suddenly opens, revealing a very red-faced Seohyun.

 

“Unnie! Welcome home!” the maknae shouts then gives Hyoyeon a very tight hug. Hyoyeon then smells something that she doesn’t normally smell on Seohyun.

 

“It was a success”, Sooyoung suddenly appears, offering to take Hyoyeon’s bag as she enters the dorm with Seohyun still hugging her.

 

“What’s a success?” Hyoyeon asks while she tries to walk to the living room with Seohyun not letting go.

 

Sooyoung smirks. “Operation: Get Seohyun Really Drunk.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading and subscribing!!! You guys make me so happy!!! :)