10

Listen

 

 

 

Seohyun went home earlier than usual from school. Her head is aching a lot more even though she took some pills, not to mention she couldn’t concentrate during class because she could hear her classmates’ thoughts which are distracting her from the professor’s lecture. She couldn’t take it anymore so she skipped her last class and went back to the dorm. Maybe a little more rest could get rid of the headache.

 

As soon as she opens the door to their dorm, she is greeted by a loud shout.

 

“SEOHYUNNIE!!!” Yoona shouts while running to greet the maknae. She hugs the girl then stood in front of her with a mischievous grin in her face.

 

Thank goodness you’re here, now I can finally have my revenge. REVENGE!!!Yoona thought while still smirking at Seo. The younger girl then chuckles, which made Yoona curious. “What’s funny, Seo?”

 

“You, unnie”, Seohyun replies in between chuckles and tries to walk around Yoona but Yoona kept blocking her. “Is there something you need, unnie?”

 

Yoona continues to smile at Seohyun and sways her hips side to side. I have some goguma and you’re not gonna get some~~, she sings in her head. “Guess what I ---“

 

“You have goguma? Can I have some unnie? Please?”Maybe some food could get rid of this headache.

 

“Wow Seobaby, that’s some awesome goguma sense you got right there”, Sooyoung said, entering the scene while peeling off the skin of one of the gogumas. Seohyun’s mouth starts to water.

 

“Yah! Sooyoung unnie! That’s for the game!” Yoona pouts at Sooyoung. Sooyoung just stuck her tongue out and takes a bite of the goguma.

 

Seohyun looks curiously at the two. “What game?”

 

Yoona smiles. “I call it ‘Kai Bai Bo, the Revenge!’ Whoever wins could have all the fresh steamed gogumas in the kitchen!” But there’s a catch!

 

“What’s the catch?” Seohyun asks.

 

“I knew you would ask that. The catch is that if I match your hand, I get two points. If we picked different hands however, if I win that round I get one point!” Yoona smiles more, proud of her idea.

 

“So it’s like modified Kai-Bai-Bo with points?” Seohyun concludes.

 

“Yeah, I know, it’s so lame, right?” Sooyoung said, earning a smack from Yoona.

 

Seohyun thinks about it. “I don’t get any points if we match?”

 

“You get one point.”

 

“If we don’t match and I win, I still get one point?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Seohyun sighs. The game sounds unfair, but she’ll let her unnie play the way she wants. “Ok, I’m in.”

 

“Yes!” Yoona said then clasps her hands as if she is about to throw a pitch. “Kai—“

 

“Yoong, let her put her bags down first”, Sooyoung said, stopping Yoona’s throw. Yoona then realizes that they are still standing in the hallway and Seohyun is still wearing her school clothes and carrying her schoolbags.

 

“Oh sorry, Seo, Get changed first then we’ll start the game!” Yoona said as she is dragged by Sooyoung to the living room. Seohyun made her way to her room, but not without almost bumping into Tiffany as she comes out of her room.

 

“Oh hi Hyunnie”, Tiffany smiled, remembering their cute exchange that morning.

 

Seohyun blushes, hearing again from Tiffany’s thoughts on how she embarrassed herself. “Hi unnie.”

 

“PANY-ah!” Sooyoung shouts from the living room. “Me and Yoona need you here!”

 

“You forgot again the ‘unnie’!” Tiffany shouts back, with a voice so loud Seohyun had to cover her ears. She then turns to the maknae. “Apparently, Soo and I are going to be judges for your game with Yoona. Good luck!” Seohyun nods.

 

“PANY-AH!”

 

“Coming!” Seriously what do I do with these kids? Tiffany smiles at Seohyun then went to the living room. The maknae went to her room and changes into more comfortable clothes. She can hear Yoona explaining her plan to the other two, not knowing that Seohyun can hear every word.

 

“And that’s how the game works. Any questions?” Yoona asks while sitting on the floor, facing the two on the couch.

 

“Your point system sounds unfair”, Sooyoung finally said, lying on the couch with her head on Tiffany’s lap.

 

“No it’s not!” Yoona retorts. “It’s fair! You’ll see, she’s so good that my point system seems fair!”

 

SEEMS fair? “So you did rig it!” Sooyoung smirks.

 

Yoona was about to slap Soo when Tiffany interrupts. “How will the game end?”

 

I didn’t think about that. Yoona looks at Tiff blankly.

 

Soo suddenly raises her hand. “Ah! How about the first to reach 25 points win?”

 

“That sounds ok”, Seohyun finally said, entering the living room. The three girls shouted in surprise.

 

“H-how long have you been there, Seo?” Yoona asks nervously while tugging at her t-shirt collar. I hope she didn’t hear everything.

 

Seohyun smiles knowingly. “Not that long, unnie.” She then sits beside Yoona on the floor. “Ready to start YOUR game?”

 

Sooyoung and Tiffany smirk. They guessed that Seo heard everything. Even if the game is unfair, she still agreed to play. What a nice dongseng, they both thought. The two youngest girls position themselves so they are facing each other. Seohyun can hear Yoona already forming her first moves. I just have to win 25 times, Seohyun thought. They are both ready to throw their hands when Tiffany suddenly interrupts.

 

“Wait! How about you two sit back to back so it’s really fair?”

 

“I don’t mind”, Seohyun replies. I can still hear her thoughts anyway.

 

 Yoona meanwhile is pouting. Somehow she feels that if she can’t see what Seohyun is gonna choose, her chances of winning is lower. “Nah, we don’t need to do that.”

 

“I think back to back is fair too”, Soo said.

 

“But-“

 

“We’re the judges, so back to back is final!” Soo firmly said to Yoona. This is good for Hyunnie, at least she has more chance to win now. And if she does, maybe I could get some of her gogumas. I know she’ll share, for sure. Sooyoung smirks to herself.

 

Yoona agrees grudgingly. She glares at Soo and Tiffany who just smile at her, before turning her back at Seo.

 

“Alright, just raise your hands, and I’ll tell who won. Tiffany will keep score”, Soo explains to them as she sits up straight.

 

The two young girls also position themselves and thought of their first hands. Scissors, Seohyun hears Yoona think. Being a good maknae, she decides to let her unnie win the first two rounds. But those gogumas will be mine, she smiles evilly.

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!” Yoona and Seohyun both went with scissors.

 

“2 points to Yoona!”

 

Yes! Yoona celebrates inside while trying to keep a poker face. I have a chance! “Alright, next! Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

“Yoona 2 points!”

 

Time to win, Seohyun thought. “Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

“1 point to Joohyun!”

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

“Seohyun!”

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

“Point to Seobaby!”

 

This continued on for the next rounds, until Seohyun only needs two points to win. Yoona is frowning now, getting frustrated with every round she loses and getting more and more desperate to win. She even picks up the strategy of changing her hands at the last minute, which surprised Seohyun at first but is fast enough to pick up the change.

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

“Point to our maknae!”

 

“Only one more point till Seohyunnie wins those delicious gogumas”, Tiffany teases Yoona. The latter just glares at her and the two older girls laugh. Meanwhile Seohyun’s mouth is watering now; she can practically taste those potatoes in .

 

“Last chance, Yoongie”, Soo said, Ready, Kai-Bai-Bo!” Yoona has rock while Seohyun choose paper. “Seo Joohyun wins!!!” Soo rejoices, and Tiffany claps heartily. I sided with the right person, Soo thought.

 

Wow, Seohyun won even though the game isn’t in her favor, Tiffany thought while congratulating Seohyun.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Yoona screams, and then ran to the kitchen. The three follow her, and see Yoona hugging the paper bag with the gogumas tightly and glaring at the three of them. “These are mine!!!” I can’t believe I lost again! How the heck did she beat me?

 

“Now, Yoong, let’s try to calm down. It is just a game anyway”, Soo said, trying to reach out to Yoona. You’re gonna ruin the gogumas if you hugged the bag tighter. But I’ll probably still try to eat them anyway.

 

Tiffany also walks slowly towards Yoona. “Yeah, Yoona, you’re overreacting to this. It’s your game anyway.” Yoona is backing away, step by step. Seohyun stands behind Tiff and Soo, trying to hear what Yoona is thinking.

 

Don’t do anything stupid with the gogumas Yoona… Soo thought while taking a step forward.

 

She’s acting like a child, Tiffany thought.

 

You’re not gonna catch me! Seohyun hears Yoona think. Yoona suddenly dashes in between Tiff and Soo and the two are not fast enough to block her. Seohyun also tries to stop her but she manages to evade her and ran to the living room. The three quickly follow and they all ran around the living room, each failing to catch the suddenly agile Yoona. They stop to catch their breaths, with Yoona standing in front of the couch and the other three standing behind it.

 

Sooyoung looks at Tiff and Seo and gestures to them. Let’s all try to corner her. She signals to Tiffany to go to Yoona’s left and for Seohyun to stay in the middle while she goes to the right. The two girls nod then slowly step into their places.

 

Yoona sees this and plans her escape. Behind her is the tv and to the left is a wall, and to her right is the way out the living room. She notices Sooyoung slowly going to her right, and Tiffany to the left. Seohyun is in the middle, waiting for them to move. Sooyoung is the only way out. I have to make sure she doesn’t catch me. She looks at Tiffany, then to Seohyun.  Yoona steps to the left, and Tiffany tenses up for action, but Seohyun knows better. She also readies herself, because she knows where Yoona is really going. Swiftly Yoona runs towards Sooyoung and almost escapes her long arms but one of them manages to catch the bottom of her shirt, which causes Yoona to lose her balance and turn back. She kicks Sooyoung in the shin, which makes Sooyoung let go of her shirt and fall to the floor. Tiffany catches up and blocks the way out, so Yoona had to turn back and face Seohyun. She tries to speedily avoid Seohyun but the girl manages to grab her shoulder as she was running away and this makes Yoona turn suddenly and slip on the carpet. Seohyun tries to catch Yoona but instead was pulled down too.

 

“AAAAAHHHH!” THUD!

 

Oh my gosh! Are they hurt? Tiffany thinks.

 

The gogumas! Sooyoung thinks.

 

Yoona groans in pain. She hit her head really hard even though the floor was carpeted. She feels something soft in her lips and looks to see Seohyun with her eyes closed tightly and her lips pressed against hers. Seohyun suddenly opens her eyes and sits up.

 

“Omo, unnie are you okay?” She didn't hit her head hard, right? Although I felt like my lips hit something too.

 

“W-what’s going on here?”

 

The girls turn to see Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yuri standing behind them, with all four having the same thoughts.

 

Did they just kiss?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Waaahhh haha I'm really not good at describing things. Anyway I wonder how Hyoyeon will take this? Hehe Thanks for reading :)