8

Listen

 

 

 

The dressing room is very busy as the Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny and Taeyeon prepare for a variety show. They are all getting their makeup done while studying the script and are just waiting for the start of the filming.  

 

Hyoyeon sighs. She’s been avoiding the topic now, but she can’t take it anymore.

 

“Seohyun’s been acting weird since she got out of the hospital.”

 

“Huh, why do you say that?” Taeyeon asks while she reads the script.

 

“Well, she kept on apologizing to me the day after we tried to get her drunk,” Hyoyeon answered.

 

Sunny snickers. “You honestly don’t remember, do you?”

 

“Remember what?”

 

“You are so drunk that night that Seohyun got annoyed and pushed you to the floor!”

 

“She did?” Hyoyeon gasps. “I don’t remember that! Seriously?”

 

“Didn’t she left early that night?” Yuri asks as she puts on her lipstick.

 

“Yeah, but you barged into her room, woke her up, and she even tried to get you to sober up before going to bed,” Sunny replies.

 

“So Seohyun finally bursts and pushes Hyo? That’s a first!” Taeyeon said, shocked.

 

Hyoyeon furrows her eyebrows. “Argh, I can’t remember what I did to her that made her do that!” She rubs her temples and frowns in concentration.

 

“But you know what’s weird,” Yuri said, “Seohyun yesterday at practice.”

 

Hyoyeon nods. “Yup, that’s also been bugging me all day.”

 

“Usually she’s the type that holds it in. She never lets it get to her, whatever it is,” Sunny said while flipping through the script with Taeyeon.

 

“And she’s normally focused when we practice, but to see her zone out…” Yuri adds.

 

Taeyeon sighs and passes the script that she is reading to Sunny. “It must have been too much for her to handle that she had to rush out just to cry.”

 

Hyoyeon takes a deep breath. “What do you think is Seohyun’s problem?” She asks the other girls.

 

The three girls look at each other. “Whatever it is,” Sunny said, “she knows she can trust us. Just give her time to get herself ready, Hyoyeon.”

 

“I know.” Hyoyeon starts to bite her nails. “But still…”

 

Taeyeon looks at Yuri, who is currently putting on mascara. “Did Yoona tell you something?”

 

Yuri pauses for a while and said, “Nothing much, just that it’s between her and Seohyun and that we shouldn’t worry about it.”

 

“So you think the two had a fight or something?” Sunny asks.

 

Taeyeon shakes her head. “No way, just the other day they went to Yoona’s photo shoot together, right?”

 

“Yeah, I remember that,” Yuri chimes in. “Yoona said that Seohyun beat her at Kai-Bai-Bo and she had to buy Seohyun sweet potatoes as punishment. Maybe they fought because of that.”

 

Hyoyeon raises one of her eyebrows. “That’s nothing to fight about.”

 

“No, you don’t understand,” Yuri said, her voice getting excited as she explains, “Seohyun really beat her. As in she won every time. Yoona really whined about that. She has never seen Seohyun be so good at Kai-Bai-Bo. Now it makes me wanna play with her.” Yuri said as she rubs her chin like an old man.

 

Sunny chuckles at Yuri’s gesture. “Maybe she’s just lucky that day or Yoona is having a bad day.”

 

Taeyeon nods. “I still don’t think they had a fight. It must be about something else.”

 

They sit there in silence as they try to think of a reason for Seohyun’s strange behavior. The door then opens and the producer enters the room, telling them that filming’s about to start in 5 minutes. The girls then continue to focus on the script for the variety show. But in the back of their minds, they are still curious as to what made Seohyun cry so much.

 

 

 

 

Later that day, the girls are on their way back to the dorm. They are all so tired after 4 hours of filming for a 1-hour show. Yuri is sleeping at the back with her tongue stuck out and is leaning against Hyoyeon, who is starting to get sleepy too. Sunny is playing games with her DS and Taeyeon is just looking out the window while listening to some music.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon takes off her earphones and looks at Sunny with a shocked face. Sunny raises one of her eyebrows at her.

 

“No way… Couldn’t be… But what if…” Taeyeon mutters, her hand over now.

 

Sunny sighs and pauses her game. “What is it, Taengoo?”

 

Taeyeon thought for a while then shakes her head. “No, it’s nothing…” She faces the window, but turns back to Sunny again.

 

“Just spit it out,” Sunny said, eager to get back to her game.

 

“What if…”Taeyeon whispers, prompting Sunny to lean in, “What if Seohyun and Yoona are together?”

 

“What do you mean ‘together’?”

 

“I mean together together.”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“You know…  like a couple.” Taeyeon said with a smile on her face, her eyebrows going up and down.

 

“A couple of what?” Sunny asks.

 

“Are you really playing this game with me Lee Soonkyu?” Taeyeon said, her voice getting louder.

 

“Go straight to the point, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon sighs. “What if Seohyun is…”

 

Sunny leans closer.

 

“What if Seohyun is in love with Yoona?”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Taeyeon and Sunny turns to the direction of that voice and see Hyoyeon with a surprised face.

 

“W-What the h-hell are you talking about?” Hyoyeon said, trying to hide her shock.

 

“Think about it,” Taeyeon said while adjusting her position to face Hyoyeon, “What if Seohyun confessed to Yoona, and Yoona accepted. But, they have to hide it, and that’s why she can’t concentrate during practice when she saw Yoona being playful with Yuri.”

 

“Did someone say my name?” Yuri said while half-asleep.

 

“Go back to sleep Yuri,” Sunny replies.

 

“Okhmm.” Yuri answers and leans her head against the window.

 

Hyoyeon then lets out a very nervous laugh. “N-no, that c-can’t be right. My Seohyun? Haha no way…”

 

“Yeah,” Sunny said, “I don’t even think Seohyun swings that way. Yoona and Seohyun are just friends. You’re letting your thoughts go wild, ByunTAE.”

 

Taeyeon then sees Hyoyeon turning red and snickers at how disturbed Hyoyeon is by what she said. “Yeah, I don’t even know why that even crossed my mind. That’s impossible.”

 

“Y-yeah, i-impossible,” Hyoyeon nods. The three then dropped the subject and went back to their own things, but Hyoyeon is still entertaining the possibility that Seohyun might like girls, and the possibility that Seohyun might like Yoona. She unconsciously frowns, which Taeyeon of course notices.

 

After a few minutes they arrive at their dorm. Hyoyeon woke Yuri up and they made their way to their apartment floor. While Taeyeon is typing the access code, they suddenly hear some screams. They quickly open the door and saw Tiffany and Sooyoung looking at something behind the couch. They rush to that side and see what Hyoyeon felt like a nightmare come true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun is on top of Yoona, kissing her on the lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: DUN DUN DUN! hahaha I think I've been reading too much YoonHyun fics lately. No worries, this is still a hyoseo fic. Anyways,thanks for reading this chapter. To tell the truth I'd like to take my time with the next chapter, but  I'll update as soon as I can. :)