7

Listen

 

 

Seohyun just realized how noisy 8 girls can be, especially if you can hear both their voices and thoughts. They are currently at their dance studio, practicing their dances for some upcoming events.

 

One, two, step, lift my hands like this…

 

Oh shoot, what’s the next move?

 

I do this and this…

 

Which hand do I put my mic?

 

After Sooyoung’s part I have to go here…

 

Argh, this is so tiring!

 

My feet hurts…

 

Why the hell is Seohyun not dancing?

 

Hyoyeon’s voice snaps Seohyun out of her thoughts, but it's too late. Yuri accidentally bumps into her, causing both of them to fall. Their leader sighs and turns off the music.

 

“You okay Seobaby? It’s not like you to zone out,” Hyoyeon said as she approaches the two.

 

“Yeah, usually it’s Jessica who does that,” Sunny smirks, earning a smack from Jessica. “Yah! What’d you do that for?”

 

“I don’t zone out!”

 

“Yeah you do,” Taeyeon joins in. “Our fans have hundreds of clips of just you zoning out.”

 

“Not all the time!”

 

“So you do admit you zone out,” Tiffany adds, earning a glare from Jessica. Hyoyeon shakes her head at her members who are now teasing each other. She offers her hand to help Seohyun get up which the girl accepted. Yuri on the other hand, decided to embrace the floor and rest, while getting poked on the cheeks by Yoona and Sooyoung.

 

“I’m sorry unnie,” Seohyun said as she stands up. “I just have a lot on my mind right now. I promise that will never happen again.”

 

“If there’s something bothering you, you know I’m here, right?” Hyoyeon said, concerned for the younger girl. I’ll always be here for you.

 

Seohyun nods. Just then, their manager comes in with food so Taeyeon motioned for a break.  Sooyoung rushes to the food table first. The rest of the girls followed, except for three: Yoona who is trying to pull Yuri to the food table, Yuri who is teasing Yoona by resisting, and Seohyun who is just watching everyone, still dumbfounded by the fact that she can read minds, something she decided to keep to herself. She sits down in one corner of the room, and watches her members.

 

“Come on, unnie, I’m hungry!” Yoona said as she pretends to pull Yuri very hard. I’ll take any chance to play with you.

 

“Just let me sleep here for a while Yoong,” Yuri said as she resists Yoona’s pull. Let’s see how long you last, Yoona!

 

“Do you have any schedules later, Tiff?” Jessica asks while grabbing a bottle of water. I’m going straight to bed after this.

 

Tiffany also grabs a bottle and they both took their food and sit down near their bags. “Nope. Why? Do you wanna go shopping?” If we can go out without fans watching us, that would be nice.

 

“Not really, just asking.” Maybe I could just take a nap for a little while. Jessica closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep. Tiffany chuckles at how sleepy her friend could be, and takes her plate from her because it might fall off her hands.

 

Taeyeon also sits down and watches her members, when someone caught her eye. Sunny is wearing really short shorts today, huh .Doesn’t she get cold?

 

Sunny shivered. Why is it so cold today? Did someone the air conditioner? She went to the thermostat and adjusts the temperature.

 

Sooyoung didn’t bother to get a plate and is eating directly off the food served in the table. I have a drama filming later, I probably won’t be able to eat much after our practice. Better stock up now.

 

Hyoyeon sees Seohyun just sitting in the corner, so she decides to get a lot of food for the both of them. She then took their food and sits down beside Seohyun. “Here Hyunnie, eat.”

 

Seohyun takes the plate from Hyoyeon and starts eating. “You sure you don’t wanna talk about it?”  Hyoyeon asked.

 

The maknae shakes her head. “It’s nothing, really. I just have to clear my head.” She smiles at Hyoyeon, who smiles back at her.

 

Seohyun, I wish you would trust me more. Hyoyeon then leans her head on Seohyun’s shoulder. Seohyun didn’t mind and leans her head against Hyoyeon’s, which made Hyoyeon blush and her heart beat faster. Ah Seobaby, why do you make me feel this way?

 

Seohyun pushes back her tears. I’m sorry, unnie. I don’t want you to hate me.

 

Yoona is now watching the two at the corner. She is barely pulling Yuri now as she is distracted. She looks sadly at them. I know you don’t mean to hurt, Seohyun… but I’m starting to understand why you apologized to me before. If Yuri rejects me… I don’t know what I’ll do.

 

She finally lets go of Yuri and goes to the food table. Yuri is surprised and stands up to back hug Yoona. “So you choose food over me?” she said, adding a twinge of aegyo in her voice.

 

“I was just gonna get some food and then sit back with you afterwards.”

 

“Then will you feed me?” 

 

Yoona smiles. Yuri's heart suddenly beat faster upon seeing her smile. For Yoona, however, it makes her feel good just to think that Yuri is probably flirting with her, but she also thinks that Yuri is just joking, so she played along. “Nope,” she said, escaping from the hug with a mountain of food in her plate, “I’m gonna eat this all by myself and watch you suffer in hunger.”

 

Aish, this kid. Stop being so damn cute. Yuri smacks her then went to get some food for herself. Yoona just lets out an evil laugh and sits down beside Tiffany. Yuri's back was facing Yoona so she couldn't see how the older girl was blushing for reasons she still doesn't understand. Yoona... She places her hand on heart and takes deep breath to steady her heart beat. 

 

Tiffany then began chatting with Yoona but the younger girl’s eyes are still watching Yuri's back. Unnie… I hope you don’t push me away in case you learn how I feel about you.

 

Seohyun was so focused on listening to Yoona's thoughts that she didn't hear what the others are thinking. She heard everything Yoona is thinking and feels the sadness in her voice. She knows that Hyoyeon might be thinking the same things, and suddenly feels that she is hurting a very important person in her life. Because of that, her tears are nearly falling. She suddenly stands up, which shook Hyoyeon in her seat.

 

“Seohyun?”

 

“I need to go to the rest room for a while, unnie,” Seohyun said, her eyes giving in to her tears and her hand on . She made her way quickly to the door and slams it accidentally on the way out. This didn’t escape the other girls in the room.

 

“What’s wrong with Joohyun?” Sunny asks Hyoyeon.

 

“I don’t know,” Hyoyeon said, and starts to walk towards the door to chase Seohyun, but Yoona stops her.

 

“I’ll go after her, unnie.”

 

“Wait, do you know what’s going on with her, Yoong?”

 

“Yes, I think I know.”

 

“Can you tell us?”

 

Yoona looks down and rubs the back of her neck. “I think it’s best…” She looks at Hyoyeon, then at the rest, then back to Hyoyeon and sighs. “…if she tells you herself.” She then left the room and went after Seohyun, leaving the others to wonder what happened to their maknaes.

 

Yoona finds Seohyun in the nearest bathroom. When Seohyun saw Yoona, she quickly hugs her and cries in her shoulder. “I’m sorry, unnie. I’m sorry…” Seohyun said in between sobs.

 

Yoona just rubs her back and pulls her closer. “I’m not the unnie you should be saying that to.” Seohyun grabs Yoona’s shirt tighter in response. They stay like that for a while until Yoona speaks up again. “Do you wanna go home first? I’ll try to convince the others that you need time to think, ok?”

 

Seohyun looks at Yoona with tears still streaming down from her eyes. “Thanks, unnie.”

 

Yoona smiles at her and wipes some of the tears off her face. She then kisses her forehead and pats her head. “I’ll just bring your bag later to the dorm. I know you don’t want to face them, now that your face is all puffy and red. They might not recognize you.” Seohyun chuckles and hugs Yoona again.

 

“I guess I’ll see you later, unnie”, Seohyun says as she breaks the hug.

 

“She won’t hate you, I swear”, Yoona replies. Seohyun nods and goes out. Yoona went back to the practice room, ready to be bombarded with questions by her unnies. I need to convince them to leave Seohyun alone, Yoona thought. But Seo, she suddenly thought, regretting that she did not think to say this to Seohyun earlier, if you don’t have any romantic feelings for Hyoyeon unnie, why are you so hurt with the thought of being hated by her?

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading!!! :D