13

Listen

A/N: Update because it's Seohyun's birthday!!! :D

 

 

 

Outside the window, Hyoyeon can see the rain pouring heavily and lightning flashing miles away. It’s almost 8 o’clock in the evening. She’s tired from practicing a dance for a special stage for an awards show they have to attend tomorrow. It’s a good thing she doesn’t have any schedules before the show, their manager made sure of that. She looks at her phone hoping there would be any messages from that one special girl; unfortunately, there are none.

 

Should I call her, or not? I haven’t really hang out with her these past few days. She stares at her phone, wondering what her next move could be. She was about to call her when her phone rings.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Hyo!”

 

“Oh hi Jess”, she says sadly, disappointed that it wasn’t Seohyun. “Where are you guys?”

 

“We just arrived at the dorm. The traffic was horrendous. Manager oppa was cursing the other drivers. I bet you would’ve cursed with him”

 

“Huh? But wasn’t manager oppa supposed to pick me up too? Is he on his way?”

 

“Actually, that’s why I called”, Jessica says, “Manager oppa’s phone died so he couldn’t tell you. He’s waiting for the rain to die down before he could pick you up.”

 

“Well why can’t he pick me up now?”

 

“Have you seen outside, Hyo?” Hyoyeon doesn’t even need to. She can hear the rain banging on the window, with the occasional thunder in the distance. Driving in this kind of weather could only cause accidents. Their manager probably doesn’t want SNSD to become an 8-member girl group without a manager. My bed, I suddenly missed you. And by bed I mean my Seobaby.

 

“Seohyun’s not yet here too, it seems”, Jessica suddenly says.

 

“I didn’t ask-“

 

“But you were about to.” Hyoyeon can imagine Jessica smirking on the other line. This girl knows me too well.

 

“Hey Jessi, wanna watch a movie?” Hyoyeon heard Tiffany say.

 

“Sure”, Jessica answers, “So I’ll see you later Hyo?”

 

“Yeah. Tell Seobaby to call me when she arrives, kay?”

 

“Kay. Bye.” Hyoyeon hangs up. She texts Seohyun to call her once she gets home because knowing Jessica, she might be asleep when Seohyun arrives. She sits down in the only couch in the practice room and slowly drifts to sleep.

 

 

 

 

“Hyoyeon-ah. Hyoyeon-ah.”

 

Hyoyeon can feel someone nudging her. She opens her eyes to see their manager looking at her apologetically. “Sorry I wasn’t able to pick you up earlier”, he says.

 

Hyoyeon smiles and playfully smacks his arm. “It’s ok”, she says then yawns, “I just wanna go home.” While they made their way to the parking lot, Hyoyeon checks her phone to see one message. She smiles unconsciously when she sees who it’s from.

 

Seobaby: I’m already at the dorm. Please be careful on your way home, unnie.

 

She was about to call the girl when she sees the time: 1:30 am. That girl is probably asleep already. I’ll just sneak in and sleep with her in her bed. She grins as she thinks of other chances she can get to touch Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon can hear the silence of the wet, empty streets of Seoul as she steps off the van. Their manager yawns as he reminds her of their only schedule tomorrow. He bids her goodbye and drives off. She makes her way to their dorm as quickly as possible, as she is excited to feel the warmth of her bed (and Seohyun). When she reaches the apartment floor, she hears laughter from their dorm. They’re still awake? She asks herself. She types in the access code, but before she could press enter, the door opens, revealing a very red faced Seohyun smiling at her.

 

“Unnie! Welcome home!” the maknae shouts then gives Hyoyeon a very tight hug. Oh my Seobaby! What happened? Wait… Hyoyeon then smells something that she doesn’t normally smell on Seohyun. Why does she smell like this?

 

“It was a success”, Sooyoung suddenly appears, offering to take Hyoyeon’s bag as she enters the dorm with Seohyun still hugging her.

 

“What’s a success?” Hyoyeon asks while she tries to walk to the living room with Seohyun not letting go.

 

Sooyoung smirks. “Operation: Get Seohyun Really Drunk.”

 

What? They went through with that? Hyoyeon looks at their maknae and wonders what type of drunk she is. Wow, she's so cute when she's drunk… They reach the living room and Hyoyeon sees the couch moved to the side and the rest of her members sitting on the floor. Some shot glasses are scattered on the floor along with empty soju bottles, and also some Go Stop cards. It looks like the storm also went through our dorm, Hyoyeon thought as she notices some junk food wrappers here and there, and some of their pillows scattered too. She resists the urge to clean up.

 

“Unnie! Sit here with me!”Seohyun happily says as she pulls Hyoyeon down to the floor with her. She sits down and Seohyun sits behind her and hugs her from behind. The maknae rests her head on Hyoyeon’s shoulder and relaxes. It seems like she’s getting sleepy. Hyoyeon looks at the clock: it’s 2:15 am. No wonder, it’s way past her bedtime. Hyoyeon then felt Seohyun hugging her tighter. I could get use to this. She can feel Seohyun's breath on the back of her neck which tickles but at the same time turns her on. Damn, I should control myself. She squeezes Seohyun's hands, and the maknae unconsciously reacted by pressing her body closer to Hyoyeon. The older girl is starting to feel hot in certain places.  I need something to distract me! She looks around their mess of a living room to get some thoughts out of her head.

 

They are sitting beside Yoona who is currently attending to a drunken Yuri. Yuri is currently whispering slurred words to Yoona, which makes her blush and laugh at the same time. Hmmm, something feels different with these two, Hyoyeon thought while raising one of her eyebrows at them. Yoona glimpses that and smiles at Hyoyeon.

 

“You’re pretty…” Hyoyeon hears Tiffany speak in English. She sees her Jessica’s hair, whose head is resting on Tiffany’s lap.

 

Jessica looks up at her and giggles. “I know”, she answers back in English. She raises her hand and rests it on Tiffany’s cheek, which the latter holds in place.

 

“You’re supposed to say that I’m pretty too…” Tiffany pouts.

 

“I’m pretty too…” Tiffany flicks Jessica’s forehead, then Jessica retaliates by slapping Tiffany lightly on the cheek. They both laugh then continue to stare at each other with smiles in their faces. What the heck is wrong with them? She was about to remark on their weird behavior when she hears slopping sounds to her side.

 

“YAH! I told you guys not to do that in front of the maknae!” Sunny shouts at Yuri and Yoona who are currently making out. Hyoyeon’s mouth hangs open in shock.

 

“Wh-wh-what’s going on?!”

 

Sooyoung sits down beside her and closes . “Apparently they’re together now”, she says as they watch Sunny trying to break them apart, but the two just pushes her away. Sooyoung opens a bag of cheese sticks and starts munching away. “They’ve been doing that on and off for the past hour.”

 

Taeyeon appears holding a blanket and taps Sunny.”Let me handle this, bunny.” She then proceeds to cover the two lovers’ faces with the blanket. “There, problem solved!” she grins to her roommate. The two under the blanket started giggling and throws the blanket back to their kid leader, who catches it and covers them again, with Sunny helping so they wouldn’t be able to move. Yuri and Yoona wrestle free from the danshins’ grip and grapple with them over the blanket.

 

They’re together? Hyoyeon is astonished. She knew that Yuri had feelings for Yoona, but never thought that Yoona reciprocates. “Who confessed first?” she asks Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung takes a gulp of beer before answering. “Yuri did. She said she did it out of impulse, but never expected Yoona to say yes.”

 

Wow, Yuri’s so brave. Hyoyeon gulps. Will I be brave enough to do that to Seohyun? She looks at the girl who’s making her heart beat erratically doze off in her shoulder. Someday, I’ll say it to you, Seohyun. I’ll say ‘I love you’. And then hopefully you’ll say ‘I love you too’, and then we’ll…

 

“Hyo!”

 

“Wha-?”

 

Something cold was pushed to her face, snapping her out of her thoughts. “Beer?”  Sooyoung offers her a can. “We ran out of soju, so have this for now.”

 

Hyoyeon declines. “It’s okay. Besides,” she looks at Seohyun, “I have to get this girl to bed.”

 

“Okay, more for me then.”

 

“Don’t drink too much”, Hyo says. “But then again, looks like all of you already drank a lot.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Sooyoung answers, waving Hyoyeon off. Hyoyeon just smiles and releases herself from Seohyun’s hug, which woke the younger girl up.

 

“Unnie?” she asks groggily.

 

Hyoyeon helps her up. “Let’s go to sleep, Seo.” The younger girl obeys and follows Hyoyeon to their room. The moment they stepped inside, Hyoyeon felt tugging at the back of her shirt, and turns around to see a crying Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun, what’s wrong?”

 

Seohyun sobs, then hugs Hyoyeon and cried on her chest. What’s happening to my Seobaby? She returns the hug and rubs the girl’s back. “What’s wrong?” she asks again.

 

“I’m sorry unnie…” Seohyun replies while sobbing. Sorry? Why? “I’m sorry for not realizing it sooner…”

 

Realizing what? “What do you me-“ Hyoyeon was cut off when something soft suddenly presses against her lips. It took her brain a few more seconds to process what is happening.

 

 

 

 

S-s-seohyun’s kissing me?

 

 

 

 

SEOHYUN’S KISSING ME?

 

 

 

 

SEO JOOHYUN’S KISSING ME?

 

Before she could respond back, Seohyun breaks off the kiss. She looks at Hyoyeon with watery eyes and whispers, “I love you unnie.”

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t believe it. Am I dreaming? S-s-she loves me? SHE LOVES ME? Somebody pinch me, please!  “Ow!” Seohyun pinches her cheeks and giggles. Hyoyeon touches the pinched parts. It’s real, isn’t it? She’s in love with me too. Oh thank you Operation: Get Seohyun Really Drunk! Thank you soju! I’m so happy... She unknowingly smiles. Seohyun takes it as a signal and leans in for the kill again. This time, Hyoyeon is ready. She leans in too, when the door suddenly opened.

 

“Hey Hyo, you wouldn’t belie-“Sooyoung sees the scene in front of her and bows. “Sorry for disturbing you!” She slams the door shut as Seohyun closes her eyes and leans in closer to Hyoyeon, paying no attention to the intruder. Hyoyeon closes her eyes too and waits for the contact.

 

THUMP THUMP. My heart’s beating so fast…

 

THUMP THUMP. This is it… the thing I’ve been dreaming of for so long…

 

THUMP THUMP. Huh? Where is it?

 

When nothing happened, Hyoyeon opens her eyes to see Seohyun sleeping while standing up, with slightly open. What the hell? You made me excited for nothing? And how can she sleep like that? What a drunk.  She chuckles, and then leads the sleepy girl to her bed. She also lies down and cuddles her. The sleeping girl unconsciously responded by pulling Hyoyeon closer.  Hyoyeon took this chance and gave her a peck on the lips.

 

Someday, she thinks as she drifts off to sleep in the arms of the woman she loves, someday we’ll kiss again for real, hopefully when we’re both sober .And I’ll tell you how much I love you too.  She smiles, knowing that she’ll doze off to wonderful dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting!!! Happy birthday again to Seohyun, who while watching her in variety shows inspired me to write a story, even though Sooyoung is actually my bias *cough sorry Soo cough*