6

Listen

 

 

 

“Wh-what?”

 

Yoona chokes on the piece of kimchi she is eating. Seohyun pats her back and gives her a drink. She drinks it in one gulp and wipes . They can feel the stares at them; even though they made sure they disguised themselves perfectly. Yoona invited Seohyun to come with her to her photoshoot after accompanying Seohyun at the hospital for her follow-up. Since Seohyun just finished, they are at the hospital cafeteria having lunch while waiting for their ride.

 

Yoona leans in closer and whispers to Seohyun. “Y-you think Hyo unnie likes you that way?”

 

Seohyun nods, blushing really hard. “Please don’t tell anyone.”

 

Yoona thought about how Hyoyeon treats Seohyun. “Are you sure? Hyo unnie is just really playful, you know?”

 

“Unnie, didn’t you hear her last night? “

 

“Why? What did she say?”

 

And so Seohyun told Yoona all that she heard. Yoona’s mouth hangs open, surprised at how bold Hyoyeon is. Seohyun laughs at Yoona’s expression.

 

“Unnie, you looked really funny right now.”

 

Yoona closes in embarrassment.  “So that’s why you pushed her? That’s still too mean, Seo.”

 

“I didn’t mean to push her, really! I was just surprised!”

 

“Right.” Yoona rested her chin on her hand and takes a big scoop of rice. She then points it at Seohyun and looks at her seriously. “How about you, Seo? What do you feel for her?”

 

“Don’t play with your food, unnie.”

 

“Don’t change the subject, Seo. Do you like her or not?” Yoona said then ate that big spoonful of rice.

 

Seohyun frowned a little. She already knows the answer, but she doesn’t know how Yoona will react, knowing that Yoona is currently experiencing a probably one-sided love too. Maybe Yoona might hate me for my answer, she thought. She looks at Yoona, who looks at her back while chewing. She closes her eyes, takes a big gulp, and hopes it doesn’t hurt their friendship.

 

“I…”

 

Yoona leans in closer.

 

“I…”

 

Seohyun takes a deep breath.

 

“I… only like her as a sister, unnie.”

 

Seohyun opens her eyes and sees Yoona’s face close to hers. She averts her eyes and waits for Yoona’s wrath. Yoona just smirks and leans back on her chair.

 

“Yeah, I kinda figured that out after you pushed her to the floor”, she said after swallowing what she ate.

 

“Please don’t remind me about that.” Seohyun looks at Yoona guiltily. “You’re not mad?”

 

Yoona raises one of her eyebrows. “Why would I be mad?”

 

“Well… because… you know… you and Yuri…”

 

Yoona laughs heartily. “Oh come on Seo, what you feel and what Yuri feels are different”, she said, then pats Seohyun’s head. “We can’t really control who we fell in love with. Hyoyeon unnie fell in love with you even though she knows she might get rejected. I know she’ll accept the fact that you don’t feel the same way, just like I prepare for the worst even though I also hope for the best”, Yoona feels her eyes getting watery now. “Besides, you don’t know how happy it makes us when the ones we love don’t push us away, just like how you accept Hyoyeon unnie and not run away from her, even though you don’t feel-“

 

Seohyun suddenly hugged Yoona. “Don’t worry, unnie, I’m here for you.” Yoona smiles and returns the hug. I know, Seohyun. I know.

 

 

 

 

 

At the photo shoot for a drink, Seohyun watches as Yoona charms everyone with her beauty. Well, everyone except the photographer himself.

 

“I’m sorry Yoona-ssi. I just don’t feel it. You don’t look like you’re having fun when you’re supposed to be”, the photographer said. Yoona was about to get angry but she composes herself; being the face of their group, surely articles would come out if she started acting diva-like. The photographer puts down his camera and gives everyone a 10 minute break. Yoona sighs and sits on the couch in the middle of the set. Seohyun sits beside her.

 

“I don’t get it,” Yoona whispers to Seohyun. “What does he want from me?”

 

“I don’t know,” Seohyun answered. “You did look like you’re having fun.”

 

“Argh, it’s been more than two hours since we started the photo shoot and I’m getting hungry!” Yoona pouts while clutching her stomach.

 

Seohyun smiles and puts her arm around Yoona. She knows that if Yoona gets hungrier, her expressions might get sour and they’ll never be able to finish the photoshoot. “How about this, unnie? Let’s play rock-paper-scissors. The winner,” she says then reaches into her pocket, “gets this,” shows a piece of candy to the older girl, “and the loser buys food for the winner later.”

 

Yoona’s eyes widened with excitement at the mention of food. “I’m game!”

 

The girls position themselves and faced each other. Yoona’s eyes are filled with determination; Seohyun just wants to make Yoona feel more relaxed. They readied their hands, and then Seohyun hears something: I’m gonna use rock.

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

Yoona uses rock, while Seohyun, surprised by the voice, uses paper. Yoona pouts that she lost. “Best two out of three!” she insists.

 

Seohyun tries to comprehend what happened. She heard Yoona’s voice picking rock, but didn’t move, and then Yoona picked rock. Is she really getting better at ventriloquism? She thought. But why would she tell me her hand? Yoona unnie is one of the two people I know who doesn’t want to lose food…

 

“Seohyun-ah!” Yoona said, snapping Seohyun out of her thoughts. “Round two! Ready?” Seohyun nods. She decides to observe Yoona’s mouth, to see if it moves. Yoona her lips, her face full of concentration.

 

They set their hands, then…

 

Scissors. I’ll get her with scissors.

 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!”

 

Seohyun takes the chance and listens to the voice. She used rock while Yoona used scissors. And all the time Seohyun is observing Yoona. She never opened until she said “Kai-Bai-Bo!” Seohyun is shocked. She can’t understand what is happening to her.

 

Yoona is shocked too. I can’t lose now! I want that free food, damn it! “Best three out of five!” she said to Seohyun. Seohyun heard everything, and sees that Yoona only moves to speak at the ‘best three out of five part’. She decides to test it further.

 

“Let’s just keep playing until break’s over, unnie. Then the one with the most wins gets the prize.”

 

“Game!”

 

And so they kept playing. And Seo kept on winning every time. Whenever she hears Yoona’s voice pick a hand, she just chooses the opposite and wins. Neither of them could believe what’s happening.

 

“Aarrggh, what’s going on? I always beat you at this!” Yoona pouts at Seohyun. “It’s as if you could read my mind!”

 

And then it clicked.

 

Seohyun can read Yoona’s mind.

 

But that’s impossible, her rational mind tries to reason with her. That’s fiction! I can’t do that…

 

…can I?

 

She looks at Yoona, who is looking grumpily at her. Great, she hears Yoona saythink, I’m hungry, and now I lost this stupid game. Damn it. But didn’t move even one centimeter.

 

Seohyun unconsciously touches Yoona’s lips, which caught the older girl by surprise. “S-seohyun?”

 

The maknae realizes what she is doing and apologizes. “Here,” she hands Yoona the candy, “you can have this.”

 

“No, I don’t want your pity.” Yoona turns her back at Seo. I’ll pretend to be angry so she’ll call off the bet.

 

Seohyun sighs and played along. “Eat this, unnie. It’ll lift your spirits up so you can finish this shoot faster.”

 

“Hmph.”

 

The photographer motions for the shoot to resume, but Yoona is still grumpy from the loss. Seohyun then hugs her from behind and said, “I’ll call off the bet, unnie, just don’t be mad at me.”

 

Yoona smirked and turns around to face Seohyun. “Just kidding. I’ll buy you some sweet potatoes later.” She kisses her cheek which made Seohyun blush. Suddenly they hear a click.

 

The photographer is already taking pictures of them. “That’s it! That’s the expression I want! Friends having fun!” Both Yoona and Seohyun look at the photographer surprised. He puts down his camera and frowns at the girls. “Well, what are you guys waiting for? Just play around like what you guys did earlier!”

 

“But sir,” said their manager, finally butting in, “Only Yoona is requested for this shoot. If you want to add Seohyun…”

 

“I’ll take care of it, don’t worry,” the photographer said, pushing their manager away. “Come on, girls having fun! We don’t have all day. Don’t forget to hold the drink.”

 

Yoona looks at Seohyun. “Wanna play another game?”

 

“Sure.”

 

And the photographer clicks away happily.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello new subscribers! Thanks for reading everyone. Just knowing my fic gets views, haha it motivates me to write more :) Hope you guys don't get bored with me :D