Epilogue

Listen

 

 

 

It has been a month since Seohyun was discharged from the hospital, and by the way she worked, no one would’ve ever thought she was in a coma. Whenever we ask her to slow down or rest for a while, she would always reply that she has to show the fans that she’s okay, and that because of her dream, it was as if she never was asleep for that long. No one can actually stop her, once stubborn Seohyun wants to do something, almost nothing could get in her way.

 

And about her dream? It's amazing that she could read minds there, but the thing that freaked us out is that everything that happened in Seohyun’s dream actually happened to us in real life while she was in a coma. There are differences, of course, number one is that Seohyun wasn’t actually physically with us during that time. Yoona did have a photo shoot which took three hours long because the photographer wasn’t satisfied with her poses. She eventually cried and almost had a fight with the photographer so the shoot had to be stopped. But who could blame her? When that happened, it has only been a week since Seohyun fell into a coma and we were all worried about her, yet the public expects us to keep on smiling. During the dance practice, it was Sooyoung who bumped into Yuri while trying to cover Seohyun’s part. It was then that they broke down and cried. During the variety show, we noticed that everyone was being very careful in asking us questions. The hosts tried their very best to make us laugh, and we did try our best to react, but eventually, in the van, Taeyeon and Sunny were the next to cry. When we came back to the dorm, we found Tiffany in Seohyun’s room, asleep while clutching a Keroro stuff toy with her eyes puffy and red. Jessica had to go home to her parent’s house for a while because every time she passed by Seohyun’s room the tears would suddenly flow. Manager oppa finally understood how affected we are so he managed to cancel most of our schedules. Poor Sooyoung and Yuri though, since they’re both leads they still have to attend filming, and Yoona really has a lot of CF and photo shoots that SM didn’t want to cancel. In the schedules where in we all have to appear together that our manager couldn’t refuse, we try to look as lively as we can, but we would break down and cry later. The thing that kept us going is seeing Seohyun still breathing, sleeping so peacefully without a care in the world.

 

Then the day before she woke up, the storm happened. We wanted to visit her, but manager oppa insisted that we stay at home. Sunny decided to bring out some drinks to lighten our mood, but all it did was make us cry more and remember how Seohyun would scold us for drinking too much and getting horrible hangovers later. Then right before we went live for the awards show, we received a call that Seohyun started coughing out blood, but she wasn’t awake yet. Manager oppa insisted that we stay, even though we all wanted to go to the hospital and see her. He was adamant that we show up, for the sake of SNSD. It was then that we decided to break the strong image we’ve been projecting in the camera these past two months.  I was trying to be the strong for the sake of our group, but when we received the award, I couldn’t really stop myself and my real feelings came out during the thank you speech.Seohyun said she woke up just before that and so she was able to watch us.

 

Eventually we put all the pieces together. Seohyun’s dream events happened because we told her about it. During our free time, we would visit her and talk to her, tell her what happened that day. Yoona did went to Seohyun’s hospital room right after the shoot and complained to her about the photographer. We went to her too, right after the dance practice and variety show. I guess everyone else was visiting her individually during their free times, and I visited her right before we went for rehearsals for the award show. Turns out she was listening to us the whole time unconsciously, and her brain was making it seem to her that she was with us. Maybe that's also how she was able to read minds.

 

Yet the way Seohyun told us her dream, it felt… incomplete. Like she was holding something back. Something happened in that dream that she didn’t want us to know. Her eyes, when she looks at me, it feels like she has a secret. It’s the same with Yoona and Yuri too, when Seohyun looks at them, it’s like she knows something between the two. In fact, when Yoona and Yuri go out together (which is becoming more frequent nowadays) Seohyun would be smiling at them like she knows what they're gonna do. It’s been bugging me for a while now, so I decided to tell someone about it.

 

“What do you think, Sooyoung?” I ask the shikshin when I visited her during her drama filming.

 

“I think you’re over thinking things, Hyoyeon. Let’s just be thankful that Seobaby’s with us right now and not sleeping in the hospital.” She answers before popping a chicken nugget to .

 

“Yeah, maybe you’re right…”

 

“I’m always right”, Sooyoung smugly answers then goes back to reading her script. As I watch the drama crew set up for the next scene, I try to hold in this feeling that I get from Seohyun. Sooyoung continues to eat chicken nuggets while reading. Perhaps she is right, that I’m over thinking stuff about her.

 

“Hyoyeon.”

 

I can’t help it. My eyes always go to Seohyun, even before the coma. And ever since she woke up, she seems to look… brighter? I don’t really know how to describe her. She’s shining, more than usual.

 

“Hyoyeon. “

 

Or maybe I’m just being paranoid, thinking that Seohyun is acting different now.

 

“Hyoyeon!”

 

“Ow!” My forehead suddenly hurts. Sooyoung has her chicken nugget-stained fingers in front of my face, and I slapped it away. “What?”

 

“We’re going to resume filming now. You’re gonna stay and watch?”

 

I looked at the time, and decided to go home. “Nah, I’ll be going now. See you later at the dorm, kay?”

 

She waves back as the director calls for her. A few moments later I hear her calling me. “Hyoyeon!” I turn around and look at her. “Don’t over think things, okay? Just listen to your gut.”  I give her a thumbs up and leave the shoot. I am over thinking stuff, and it’s making my head ache.

 

 

 

 

The dressing room is very crowded and busy as everyone gathers to welcome Seohyun back. It would be our first appearance as a whole group since she woke up. Everyone is very excited, and they are all crowding Seohyun as she has her hair and makeup done.

 

“You look so great today, Seohyun!” Jaesuk oppa says when he greeted us in the dressing room. “It’s as if-“

 

“-she wasn’t in a coma” We all answered for him. It was always what people would comment about her nowadays, and they say it a lot we have it memorized. Who could blame them? She really moves as if she wasn’t in a coma. Seohyun just laughs.

 

“Thanks, oppa.” She bows slightly as Jaesuk oppa blush and leaves with the other guests  to prepare for the show. I smile while watching her. She’s charming everybody now. Seriously, what happened to her during that coma?

 

“Girls, it’s time to start filming.” The PD says. We all stood up and went out the dressing room, but I felt someone hold my hand suddenly and pulled me back. I turn around and saw Seohyun smiling at me. I can feel her hands are cold and shaking.

 

“What’s wrong, Seobaby?”

 

“I’m suddenly nervous, unnie.”

 

I smile and took both of her hands with mine. I give her my most assuring smile. “You’ll do fine, like you always do these past few days.”

 

She smiles, but it looks like my speech wasn’t enough for her. “Can I hug you unnie? Maybe that would calm me down.”

 

A hug? Why not? Anything to calm her down. Besides, it’s a free hug from Seohyun. Who would say no to that? I open my arms to embrace her and she hugs me tightly, resting her head on my shoulder.

 

THUMP.THUMP.

THUMP.THUMP.

THUMP.THUMP.

THUMP.THUMP.

 

Oh what great timing, heart! You choose now of all times to start beating crazily? Great. But why is my heart thumping so hard? Oooh, I hope she doesn’t notice this. I was supposed to calm her down, not make her feel more nervous because I’m feeling nervous too. I sneak a peek, and see that she has her eyes closed. She looks like she is trying to calm herself down. I should just try to savor the moment, but Seohyun breaks our hug suddenly.

 

“It’s not working, unnie.” She puts her hands on my shoulder and looks at me with the cutest pouting face she could make. I don’t know if I should punch her aegyo or not. She’s just too cute for me.

 

“Why not?” I ask her as she takes my hand and pull me towards the filming area.

 

She stops and looks at me with a big smile on her face. “Because you’re making my heart beat faster.” She ends it with a wink, lets go of my hand, and runs over to the set. I stood there, mouth hanging open for who knows how long, until Sunny pulled me to the filming area because I was the only one missing.

 

Then something strange happened. Seohyun, in all her beauty, waved at me, and all of a sudden, my heart starts beating so fast and loud that it's the only thing I could hear. Damn it heart, stop beating fast. Beat more regular, please! Oh , my cheeks are getting warmer, why am I blushing now?

 

 

 

I think I spaced out for most of the filming, because I suddenly realized that we were already on our way to the vans that will take us back home. As usual, we would have to split into two. I hear Taeyeon talking to her.

 

“Where are you going to sit, Seohyun?”

 

I pretend to not hear them, and made my way to one of the vans. I was about to open the door to the seat beside the driver, when someone puts her arms around me and hug me from behind.

 

“I’ll ride with Hyoyeon unnie!”

 

Taeyeon eyes us suspiciously but shrugs it off later and goes to the other van. I turn around to face Seohyun. “I’m gonna ride in the front.”

 

She pouts at me again.”But I want to sit with you…”

 

Damn. I just couldn’t say no to her. I put my arm around her waist and we opened the middle door of the van. Yoona is sitting at the back with Yuri and the two are already asleep and holding hands. Sooyoung is opening a bag of snacks and sees us with our arms on each other’s waist. She raises her eyebrow at first but moves more to the side so we could sit in the middle. Once seated, Seohyun immediately puts on her seatbelt.

 

“Unnies…”

 

“Yeah we know”, Sooyoung and I answered immediately while putting on our seatbelts.

 

“I can’t believe I said I miss her naggings…” I hear Sooyoung mutter under her breath. I chuckled and see Seohyun looking at the back, probably wondering if she should put on her other unnies’ seatbelt or not. I decided to help her and nudged Yuri.

 

“What?” She asks, obviously annoyed that I woke her up.

 

“Seatbelt.”

 

“What?” She then notices Seohyun pointing to her seatbelt. “Oh you’re riding with us, Hyunnie?” She sighs and puts on both her seatbelt and Yoona’s. She smiles at Seohyun once she’s done and went back to sleep.

 

I see Seohyun frowning at them. She looks at me with sad eyes and says,” I’m sorry.”

 

I raised my eyebrow at her. “Why?”

 

“I made you guys lose a lot of sleep because I wouldn’t wake up.”

 

I put her head on my shoulder and her hair while she wrapped her arms around my waist.  “It’s ok, Seobaby. We don’t mind losing sleep over you.”

 

“You’d be so worried too, if one of us suddenly went into a coma” Sooyoung butted in.

 

“Please don’t say that, Sooyoung unnie.”

 

Sooyoung smiles at her. “I’m sorry. But the good thing is that you woke up, and now we can catch some sleep again.” She yawns and leans her head against the window. “Wake me up when we’re home, kay?”

 

I just nod and she drifts off to sleep. I look at Seohyun and see that her eyes are closed too. I continue her hair while looking off in the distance. Her actions lately have made me very confused. Why is she being like that? Why is she making me feel this way? I feel my heart beat faster again. She snuggles in closer, and I feel my body getting hot. Suddenly erted images flash through my mind. I shook my head. I should stay away from Taeyeon for a while.

 

All of a sudden I can hear Sooyoung’s advice. Listen to your gut. I look down, and my gut is telling me that I’m not hungry.

 

Don’t over think things.

 

But if I don’t think things through, how will I know what I really feel?

 

You’re making simple things overcomplicated, babo. Another voice in my head says. You just have to answer one simple question.

 

What question is that?

 

Do you love her?

 

She’s like a sister to me, maybe even more…

 

Do you love her?

 

I look again at the girl resting her head on my shoulder. She looks so peaceful in her sleep. Her soft, milky white skin makes me want to touch her more. Whenever she looks at me I get lost in her eyes. Her soft, pink lips reminded me of the stolen kisses I took when she was still in a coma and we were alone in her room. Her touches make me feel fuzzy all over. I feel myself blushing. 

 

Do you love her?

 

I close my eyes. I listen to my gut, and I listen to my heart. I think of how she makes me feel whenever we’re together.

 

Do you love her?

 

I do.

 

 

 

I love you Seo Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

”I love you too unnie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hahaha my ending is a bit confusing, is it not? Anyway, after racking my brain for a few days now, this is the only epilogue I am satisfied with... I think I rewrote this 3 times before I was finally happy.

If you have any questions because my epilogue is like this, you can ask them in the comment section and I'll gladly answer them.

If you don't have any questions, I love you because you totally understand what I want for my story.

By the way...

I'm so grateful to everyone who subscribed and commented and read this little story of mine. Thank you! *bows with her head on the ground*