5

Listen

 

 

 

The girls celebrate Seohyun’s return by cooking the meat and having a dinner party. While dinner goes on, they talk about their day, share some complaints regarding their short vacation (courtesy of Seohyun’s accident), and mostly chat about random things in general. Everybody’s having a great time now that Seohyun’s feeling better and their group is back together at the dorm.

 

Seohyun then notices Hyoyeon smiling widely at her. She smiles back, and then goes back to eating. But she again feels this nagging feeling that someone’s watching her, and looks up to see Hyoyeon still smiling at her. She smiles back again at her unnie and looks down. She’s still confused as to what that weird feeling is that she got when she was with Hyoyeon.

 

 Ah, you look as beautiful as ever, my Seobaby.

 

Seohyun looks up. She hears Hyoyeon’s compliment and thanks her by bowing a little and smiling, even though she is a little uncomfortable with the ‘my Seobaby’ part. Then again, most of her unnies say that to show sisterly affection and she wants to believe that Hyoyeon means nothing more than that. She decides to just concentrate on eating, until she hears Hyoyeon’s voice again.

 

Oh Seobaby, I could just scoop you up and eat you...  and then Hyoyeon goes on to list the things she will do to Seohyun, each getting naughtier than the last. Seohyun is shocked with what she is hearing; surely some of her other unnies must be hearing this too, seeing as there are two of them seating in between Seo and Hyo. But Jessica and Yuri continue their talk, leaving Seohyun blushing as Hyoyeon gets more descriptive.

 

Huh? Why is she getting redder? Is she getting an allergy or something? “You alright, Seobaby?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

Seohyun feels the warmth in her cheeks as Jessica and Yuri suddenly turn their attention to her.

 

“You okay?” Jessica asks.

 

“You don’t seem to have a fever…” Yuri said as she touches Seohyun’s forehead.

 

Hyoyeon stands up and walks towards her. “Maybe you’re still not well enough. How ‘bout you call it a night? It’s almost 12 anyway…”

 

Seohyun tries to smile at them.”No, I’m okay unnies. And besides, I don’t want to ruin your fun.” Suddenly the pain in the back of her head starts to act up again and she winces, which the three other girls notices.

 

“You really should go to bed now.” Hyoyeon said firmly. Seo stands up and follows her unnie’s order.

 

“Huh, where are you going, Seohyun?” Sooyoung asks after swallowing a large piece of meat.

 

“She’s not feeling well all of a sudden, so she’s going to bed,” Jessica answers for her, followed by a big yawn. “In fact, I think I need to go to bed, too.”

 

”Aww, but we are just getting to the good part!”Sunny said, pouting while bringing out a soju bottle. So Operation: Get Seohyun Really Drunk is out now?

 

“Unnies, don’t you have schedules? Why drink tonight when you’ll get a hangover tomorrow?” Seohyun said, shaking her head.

 

“I don’t have a schedule tomorrow,” Sunny said, raising her hand while smirking.

 

“Me too,” Sooyoung joins in, raising her hand too.

 

“Mine’s not till the afternoon,” Yoona said while making a wrap.

 

“I only have school,” Yuri adds.

 

“I don’t really mind hangovers,” Taeyeon said. Jessica nods, and then yawns again.

 

Tiffany raises her glass and looks at Seo with her eyesmile. “Besides, Seohyun, we’ve already been drinking.”

 

That’s when Seohyun notices their glasses. All of them are filled with wine except for hers, which contains just water. All of them smirk at Seohyun. Even Hyoyeon, who convinced her to go to bed in the first place, is also chuckling. Seohyun sighs and rubs the back of her head.

 

“I just hope you guys won’t regret this,” she said and goes straight to her room.

 

“Look what you did, Hyo! Now we’ll have to plan again on how to get Seohyun drunk!” Sunny pouts at Hyoyeon. I’ll have to convince Sungmin oppa again to get me some more wine from Kyuhyun oppa for free.

 

“Don’t blame me! It’s not my fault the poor girl’s not feeling well!” Hyoyeon said then stuck out her tongue at Sunny. Even I wanted to see her really drunk!

 

“It’s fine, Sunny-ah. Let’s just finish that bottle then go to bed. There will be a next time.” Taeyeon said. Sunny slumps her shoulders in defeat and opens the bottle.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is getting ready for bed. She can still hear them bickering and laughing while she slipped under the covers and lay down. Soon, she falls asleep until...

 

 

 

 

 

 

…suddenly, she feels a weight jumped on her bed. “Hmmm…?” She slowly opens her eyes to see Hyoyeon on top of her.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Play with me, Seobaby,” Hyoyeon said; her face now only mere inches away from Seohyun. The younger girl can smell the alcohol from her breath.

 

Playwithmeplaywithmeplaywithmeplaywithmeplaywithmeplaywithmeplaywithme!

 

“Unnie…” Seohyun said while trying to push Hyoyeon off, “You’re drunk. Go to sleep.”

 

“No!” Hyoyeon resists, but eventually Seohyun manages to push her off, making Hyoyeon stumble off the bed. The maknae gets off the bed too and takes her unnie’s hand. She then leads her out of the room.

 

“Yay! We’re going to play?” Hyoyeon asks excitedly then starts giggling.

 

“No unnie, I’m going to get you sober then get you to bed.” As Seohyun steps out, she sees Sooyoung and Yoona still awake, finishing some leftovers. Sunny and Tiffany are cleaning up. Yuri, Taeyeon and Jessica are nowhere to be found. She looks at the clock; it is already 3am. They are probably sleeping by now.

 

“Oh Seohyun, can’t sleep?” Yoona asks as she brings the last of their plates to the sink and took over washing them from Tiffany.

 

Seohyun made Hyoyeon sit and lets go of her hand, which made Hyo whine. “Somebody woke me up.” She takes out a glass, fills it with water, and gives it to Hyoyeon. “Try to sober up at least a little before going to sleep, unnie,” she said to the older girl sternly.

 

Hyoyeon takes the glass and drinks. I’ll drink anything you give me, Seohyun.

 

Seohyun smiles, and then just pats her head. “Thank you for saying that, unnie.”

 

“Say what?” Sunny asks.

 

Seohyun is about to answer when she felt a hand on her lips and an arm around her neck. She turns around and sees Hyoyeon’s face close to her, her eyes sparkling with mischievousness. That’s when she hears Hyoyeon’s voice.

 

I’m going to kiss you now.

 

Shocked, Seohyun pushes Hyoyeon hard, causing Hyoyeon to fall on her . The rest of the girls are surprised by the sudden display of violence from the younger girl. Hyoyeon is dazed, too, hurt by what the girl did. Tears suddenly form in her eyes, and she starts crying.

 

“Omo, unnie, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to!”

 

Seohyun tries to comfort Hyoyeon but she smacks her hands away. Sooyoung then goes to Hyo and picks her up. She didn’t protest and buries her head on Sooyoung’s chest while sobbing. Sooyoung sighs and turns to Seohyun. “Don’t worry; she probably won’t remember this tomorrow.” She then accompanies Hyo to her room and puts her to bed.

 

“What happened?” Tiffany asks.

 

“I was just shocked at how close she is, unnie,” Seohyun answered guiltily. “I didn’t really mean to push her that hard.” She then felt her eyes getting watery.

 

“It’s not your fault, Hyunnie. You know how she is when she gets drunk,” Sunny assures her. “It’s late. We should all get some sleep.”

 

Seohyun calms herself down. “I’m not yet sleepy unnie. I’ll just read a book for a while.” Besides, she thought, I don’t want to face Hyoyeon unnie yet. She can hear Hyoyeon sobbing while Sooyoung is mumbling words, trying to calm her down.

 

The other girls understood since Hyoyeon and Seohyun are sharing a room. They said their goodnights and went to their respective rooms.  Seohyun sits on the couch and reaches for the nearest book she can find. She sees a bible, probably belonging to one her members, and opens it randomly to a page. However, she just stares at it blankly because she is replaying the night’s events in her head.

 

By now she is sure on how Hyoyeon feels for her.

 

She just doesn’t know what she’s going to answer if Hyoyeon ever confessed to her while sober.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thanks for reading!!!