11

Listen

 

 

 

“So it was all an accident?” Taeyeon says while chewing.

 

The girls are now having their dinner, courtesy of the nearest Chinese restaurant that does deliveries. Tiffany explained to the other girls what really happened, and they then told them about their crazy conversation in the car, which made Seohyun and Yoona almost do spit takes with their food.

 

“Y-you thought we were…?” Seohyun asks while Yoona laughs it off with her alligator laugh. Seohyun can’t help but try to listen to Hyoyeon’s mind during the whole conversation. However, that girl’s mind is still blank, still in shock ever since she entered the dorm and saw that scene one hour ago.

 

“Yeah haha that’s why we said it was the craziest conversation we ever had”, Sunny says.

 

“Na-ah, the craziest conversation we had was when we talked in baby voices for hours”, Sooyoung replies.

 

“That was weally fun to do”, Yuri suddenly says in a baby voice.

 

“But what made you think that we’re together?” Yoona asks, also in a baby voice. I hope Yuri doesn’t get the wrong idea.

 

Oh gosh, don’t tell me they’re gonna do that again, Tiffany thought.

 

“Well you see, it all started with Taeyeon’s byuntae mind”, Sunny replies in the most annoying baby voice you’ll ever hear, and gets a smack from Taeyeon. The rest laughs at the scene, except for Tiffany who’s covering her ears because she doesn’t really like it when they do that voice, and Hyoyeon, who’s still staring blankly at her food. Sunny notices Hyo and is suddenly concerned. “What’s the matter Hyo?” she asks in her normal voice. Hyoyeon doesn’t hear her, so Sooyoung elbows her seatmate.

 

“Huh?” Hyoyeon asks. She looks weirdly at the other girls around the table. “What?”

 

“You haven’t touched your food yet, Hyo”, Taeyeon answers.

 

“I’m sorry; I’m not really that hungry. You can take my food Soo.” The shikshin hesitates, but Hyoyeon pushes her food towards Sooyoung and stands up to leave the table. I know nothing’s going on between them, but it still hurts to think that my Seobaby is… But we’re not even together in the first place. I don’t even know if she feels the same way… Aaarrggh this is so freaking confusing!

 

“Unnie?” Seohyun finally speaks up. Hyoyeon stops and looks at her roommate.

 

“I’m gonna turn in first guys. I’m tired. Goodnight.” Hyoyeon walks in to their room and closes the door while the rest of the girls just watched in silence.

 

 

 

 

For the next few days, Seohyun tried her best to be a good dongseng to Hyoyeon. She knows the reason why Hyoyeon is suddenly depressed, so she does her best to cheer her up. She holds Hyoyeon’s hand whenever she can, she hugs her whenever she can, and she smiles at her whenever their eyes meet. Whenever they both have free time, she tries to hang out with the dancing queen. She listens to everything Hyoyeon says and does whatever Hyoyeon asks her to do. She does whatever she can to make her smile.

 

Hyoyeon, on the other hand, is surprised by the sudden attention Seohyun is giving her. Not that she minds, in fact, you could say that the last few days Hyoyeon felt like she was in heaven. She tried to avoid Seohyun at first, thinking it would hurt to be with the girl, yet Seohyun always seems to find her. And boy, was she wrong about the hurting part, because every second she spends with the maknae, she falls more and more in love. There's something about her that makes all of Hyoyeon's anger and sadness go away. Still, for Seohyun to initiate more skinship than usual, it really makes her wonder what is going on. She decides not to ask and just savor the sudden interest Seohyun is giving her.

 

The girls just finished performing in an event and were on their way to their vans to go home. Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica sit in one van that’s going to take them home while Yuri and Sooyoung made their way to another van that’s going to drop off Yuri and Sooyoung to their respective drama filming and Yoona to a scheduled photoshoot. Seohyun was about to go towards Hyoyeon’s van when Yoona suddenly pulled her towards their van.

 

“We need to talk”, Yoona whispered to Seohyun.

 

“About what?”

 

About Hyoyeon and you. “Just ride with me, ok?” Yoona then went to their driver. “Oppa, is it ok if Seohyun rides with us? You’re going to pass by the dorm anyway after dropping us off right?” The driver looks at their manager, who tells them it’s ok. “Thanks, oppa”, Yoona smiles at their driver, who blushes because Yoona is his bias, but keeps it a secret, a secret Seohyun hears. Seohyun looks at the other van, whose door is still open. She waves goodbye to the girls inside, much to the surprise of Hyoyeon, who saved a seat for her, and went to Yoona’s van. Yoona is already seated at the back, with Yuri and Sooyoung sitting in the middle, and they were surprised to see Seohyun enter their van.

 

“You’re going to ride with us?” Sooyoung asks.

 

“Yes, Yoona unnie insisted”, Seohyun replies.

 

“The other van was already full”, Yoona said, then gestures for Seohyun to sit beside her. Seohyun complies and sits comfortably next to Yoona. Suddenly, Seohyun’s phone rings. She looks at the caller ID, smiles unconsciously and answers the phone.

 

“Hello unnie.”

 

“Seohyun?” Hyoyeon asks.

 

“Sorry unnie, Yoona dragged me to their van.” Yoona then snatches Seohyun’s phone and talks to Hyoyeon.

 

“Just let me borrow her for a while, unnie. I’ll return her to you later. Bye”, Yoona then ends the call and hands Seohyun her phone. Seohyun just sighed and texted Hyoyeon not to worry.

 

Yuri, meanwhile, eyes the both of them. Why does Yoona suddenly want to be with Seohyun? I wanted to sit beside and cuddle with Yoona. Besides, I thought Seohyun belongs to Hyoyeon? Seohyun smiles when she heard Yuri think that. She was about to tease Yuri but Yuri turned her back at them and decides to just listen to music and watch the scenery ahead. Sooyoung is busy munching some snacks and thinking about her lines for the filming later so Seohyun decides that since neither of them is paying any attention to her, she turns to Yoona.

 

“Unnie?”  Seohyun looks at Yoona, who is busy fiddling with her phone. She taps Yoona in the shoulder and whispers, “What do you want to talk about, unnie?”  Yoona smiles at her and points to her phone. Seohyun felt her phone vibrate and saw a new message.

 

Yoongie: Let’s talk here. I don’t want the others to hear.

 

Hyunnie: About what?

 

Yoongie: You’re a bit too clingy to Hyoyeon lately. I thought you don’t wanna hurt her.

 

Hyunnie: I don’t. I don’t want to hurt her.

 

Yoongie: Then why are you giving her false hope?

 

Seohyun stares at her phone and thinks about what Yoona said. Is she giving Hyoyeon false hope? What does Yoona unnie mean by that?

 

Hyunnie: False hope?

 

Hyunnie: I just want her to be happy, unnie. You said you’re happy when Yuri unnie gives you attention, even for a little while. That’s what I’m doing too.

 

Yoongie: But what you’re doing is a little bit too much. Stop this now, or you’ll both get upset.

 

Yoongie: She’s gonna get hurt later Seohyun, I know.

 

Yoongie: You’re gonna make her think that she has a chance with you. Then later, she’ll get crushed. She’ll be even sadder and depressed than before.

 

Yoongie: You don’t want that.

 

Yoongie: You don’t feel that way towards her, right? That’s what you said to me before.

 

Yoongie: Or do you have feelings for her now?

 

Yoona waited for Seohyun’s reply. When a minute passed and Seohyun still hasn’t replied, she looks at the younger girl. She sees Seohyun with her eyebrows scrunched up, looking at her phone screen. Oh my, don’t tell me she’s…

 

“Hyunnie?”

 

Seohyun is confused. She doesn’t know her emotions any more. She was happy these past few days, but maybe it’s just because Hyoyeon’s smile is contagious. She wants Hyoyeon to be happy always, but does that mean she’s in love with her? She not even sure what love feels like. When she did We Got Married with Yonghwa, she admits her heart did flutter at the sight of him, especially towards the last few episodes, but that disappeared right after the filming ended. Now, when she sees Yonghwa, she doesn’t feel that way anymore. Does that mean I fell in and out of love with him? Is that what love felt like?

 

But what about Hyoyeon? Her heart doesn’t really beat crazily at the sight of Hyoyeon. She doesn’t feel embarrassed when their eyes meet or even think about doing erted things with Hyoyeon. She can’t even imagine her and Hyoyeon doing those kinds of stuff. Rather, whenever Hyoyeon touches her, or smiles at her, or compliments her, she feels… glad. She feels happy whenever she’s with Hyoyeon. She has this strange feeling in her stomach whenever she sees her. She always wants to be near her, like her day wouldn't be complete without Hyoyeon. She feels bad whenever she sees Hyoyeon sad, depressed, or hurt even though she doesn’t have anything to do with that. She doesn’t want to see Hyoyeon frown or cry. Is this love too? She asks herself.

 

“Hey Joohyun!” Yoona nudges her. This breaks Seohyun’s train of thought. She looks at Yoona, with her eyebrows still scrunched up.

 

“I’m not sure anymore unnie. I don’t know what I feel”, Seohyun tells Yoona.

 

Yoona pats Seohyun’s head and her hair. “Think about it. If you get stranded on an island and you can only bring one person with you, who would you pick?”

 

Only one person pops into Seohyun’s mind. She is surprised it wasn’t her mother, or her father. It is the only person she knows she could trust during times of trouble. It is the only person who she is sure can always make her happy. Hyoyeon unnie. Seohyun smiles, which Yoona notices.

 

I bet it’s Hyoyeon. Nice one unnie! You got a chance! Maybe then I could have a chance with Yuri unnie too. Yoona looks sneakily at Yuri, who is sitting in front of her, looking out the window. If I get stranded, you’re the one I’m gonna pick. Seohyun chuckles, which made Yoona look back at Seohyun. “Have you thought who you’re gonna pick?”

 

“Yes”, Seohyun replies. She motions Yoona to lean in closer, because she notices that Sooyoung and Yuri are listening in their conversation.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

“Ban Ki Moon.”

 

“Seriously?!” Sooyoung suddenly shouts. Yoona and Seohyun look at her in surprise. “Of all the people in the world, and you pick Ban Ki Moon? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY SEO JOOHYUN?” Sooyoung hollers inside the confined spaces of the van while throwing her hands in the air.

 

Seohyun just laughs. “Why not, unnie? He’s smart, responsible, and an admirable guy. If I was with him, I bet he could find a way to get us out of that island.” She smirks at Sooyoung, who just face palms. Yoona and Yuri laugh, knowing that Seohyun is trolling them. The four of them then began a heated debate on who could survive stranded in an island during the whole van ride.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that day, Yoona just finished her shoot and is currently fixing her stuff while waiting for their manager to pick her up. She said goodbye to the magazine crew that passes by when she feels her phone vibrate. She sees a message from Seohyun and smiles when she sees what the maknae wrote.

 

Hyunnie:  HY <3

 

 

 

 

A/N: thanks for reading :) The story's not going too fast for you guys, is it? But anyway, Seohyun finally realizes her feelings. Yay! Now what will she do with this revelation? hehe :P