2

Listen

 

 

 

She wakes up to the sound of the radio; it is playing their latest song. She opens her eyes and sees the dirty white ceiling and gets blinded by the fluorescent light. She tries to sit up then suddenly feels the excrutiating intense pain in the back of her head. Her right hand goes up to feel the bandage while her left hand with an IV drip tries to support herself. She looks around, and sees she is alone in this private hospital room. Out the window, she can see the sun set with all its beautiful colors; how long was she asleep? Last thing she remembers, it was just past midnight and their concert had ended. The pain shots up again. She frowns, remembering what causes her the pain in the first place. She is wondering where her unnies are when the door opens.

 

“Oh, you’re awake! I’ll call the doctor.” Her stylist unnie leaves, leaving her alone again. Why is her stylist here instead of her unnies and their manager? They must be at a schedule, she concludes. The pain shots up again. She touches the bandaged part gingerly, while looking for some sort of pill or drink that can probably help with the pain.

 

 “Hi Ms. Seo, how are you feeling?” The doctor enters the room, looking concerned with her stylist right behind him.

 

“It hurts, doctor.”

 

 “Hmm.” The doctor checks her vitals, and then adjusts the flow of the IV drip. He then turns to the stylist.

 

“I’ll give her some pills to help with the pain, and we’ll observe first for some effects of the concussion. If nothing goes wrong, she can probably be discharged in a few hours.” The stylist just nods, and then flashes a smile towards Seohyun, who smiles back but suddenly frowns when she feels again the pain. The doctor faces Seohyun again.

 

“I’ll come back to give you the pills. If you feel anything strange or wrong besides the pain, don’t hesitate to push the call button okay?”

 

“Yes, doctor.”

 

What a pretty girl, Seohyun hears the doctor say as he leaves. Meanwhile, her stylist sits on the couch beside the bed and turns down the volume of the radio, which is now playing EXO’s latest hit. “Is it too noisy? I can turn it off if you want,” she asks Seohyun.

 

 “No, it’s okay unnie.”

 

“Ok.”

 

The door opens; the nurse enters with pills in hand. She instructs Seohyun how to take them and includes some sleeping pills the doctor added in case she won’t be able to sleep. Seohyun listens and nods. The nurse leaves after watching Seohyun swallow the pills. Seohyun then turns to her stylist.

 

“Hey unnie…” But the stylist is already asleep. Seohyun sighs and lays down while listening to the radio. She can still feel the pain, but hope it would fade away soon. She didn’t realize she fell asleep, until…

 

 

 

 

 

“Has she woken up yet?” That is Taeyeon unnie’s voice, Seohyun thought.

 

“Stylist unnie said she woke up earlier, but I guess she fell asleep again,” Tiffany said.

 

Shhh you’re too loud, you might wake her up suddenly! Taeyeon gestures for Tiffany to lower her voice. Oh, Tiffany covers , nodding that she understands. Seohyun smiles, even though they are trying to be quiet, she can still hear them.

 

“Hey look, she’s smiling,” Sunny said. So cute, Hyoyeon adds.

 

“Must be dreaming something good,” Yuri said.

 

“Our poor maknae…,” she hears Sooyoung say, but it sounds muffled. Guess she’s eating something again…

 

“Hey unnie, share some of that!” Yoona tries to grab what sounds like a bag of chips to Seohyun, but Sooyoung holds it up so high that Yoona can’t reach it.

 

“Buy your own!” Sooyoung said and stuck out her tongue.

 

Aish these shikshins! Some people are trying to sleep here! Jessica takes the bag of chips from the two, who are now wrestling each other on the floor. Seohyun hears the sound of metal banging, and concludes that Jessica threw the chips in the trashcan when she heard the two shikshins whine.

 

“I’m still worried,” Hyoyeon said, “she’s been asleep for almost two days now, shouldn’t she wake up?”

 

“I have an idea,” Taeyeon said, and goes to the side of the bed. Maybe a fairy tale kiss could wake her up.

 

Wait, what? Seohyun thought, that’s too much! A kiss? Is she really going to do that? I guess it’s time to wake up.

 

But when Seohyun opens her eyes…