As time goes on, friendship and love still remains.

I Believe

 

“Inside all those past memories, I make myself hurt and myself cry."

[Ga Eul]

 

I let the clear water dripped off my face as I stared at the mirror in front of me, at my reflection, at myself.

 

My eyes were still puffy and swollen from crying last night but that wasn’t what was bothering me.

 

What bothered me was how he still had a hold on my heart, how I could not let go of him, how I could not move on, from a life of ours, to a life of mine, a life of my own.

 

Chu Ga Eul, are you going to live like this for the rest of your life? I chided myself.

 

No, I wasn’t going to allow myself to be the slave to my blindness, a slave to my blind thought that Yi Jung is my soul mate, a slave to my blind belief that there was a forever.

 

Is there really a soul mate? Is there really a forever?

 

I don’t know and my rational mind tells me not to think about it anymore.

 

I hate how my heart and mind are at such a constant battle ever since …  since we brok… broke up.

 

I hate how I dread even thinking back about our break up.

 

“NO!”

 

I screamed out loud at the mirror, at the reflection in front of me.

 

No, I cannot allow myself to wallow in this sadness, to daydream of a possible soul mate or forever anymore.

 

No, Ga Eul, the real world is not a fairytale.

 

There are no fairytales in real life.

 

Or… is there?

 

A small voice whispered within my heart but I make up my mind that there are none in my life and that even so, I have friends and family, who loves me a lot. And because of that, I am already blessed enough.

 

And with that, I wiped off the tears streaming down my face and promised myself that I will not cry over stupid trivial stuffs anymore.

 

I will live well for those who are more important, those who really care about me, especially my family.

 

 And today is a brand new day, another day that I should start off by not thinking about him.

 

How should I go about it - that is the question.

 

It is a Sunday….. and I don’t have anything planned but staying at home wasn’t going to help me at all…

 

Take a walk, yes, I should go out and take a walk, look at the beautiful world out there, a world for me to explore, instead of wallow in my own miserable one.

 

That’s right, it’s a day for nature!

 

And with my new resolution and plan, I smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

 

[Yi Jung]

 

I struggled to open my eyes as I felt the sunlight shining on me. 

 

The next thought that came to me was to grab a pillow to cover my eyes, as my throbbing head was begging me to go back to sleep.

 

But as my hand reached out to where it thought the pillow were be, it could not find anything. Even as I felt around the bed, there was still no pillow and I was forced to open my eyes, and set my sights on a fellow wearing a brown leather jacket, standing in front of me.

 

“Woo Bin?” I muttered as I put a hand to my head, trying to stop it’s throbbing.

 

Aish, I hate having hangover… it’s all that stupid alcohol’s fault, yes, and I was just going to blame alcohol, not my addiction to Ga Eul…..

 

No, I am not going to think about her, about her cooking, her smiles, her kisses, no no… I need another bottle of alcohol…

 

I stumbled out of bed, to head towards the direction of where I had put my last bottle of alcohol while mentally reminding myself to get a few dozens more bottles later.

 

Sometimes, I wonder how I even remember things in my own drunken stupor.

 

Then I remembered the presence of Woo Bin as I turned to him but before I could turn to face him, I was already being dragged out of the house.

 

I didn’t need to change, as I was in the outfit I had changed into two days ago before I saw her again.

 

I probably stink to high hell but I don’t care anymore.

 

“Ya, Woo Bin, where are you taking me? I need my alcohol!” I shouted as I struggled with the little strength I had left, after my own internal protest with my throbbing head.

 

“Okay! Alcohol! Since you love alcohol so much, I will bring you to them! You can drink all you want, eat all you want and even bathe in them and no one will bother!” Woo Bin said fiercely as he turned to glare at me.

 

To be honest, I was scared, like how I have always been, scared like a little child of everything, of relationships with people, of relationships with girls.

 

So afraid, that I did not dare to commit to one, until I met her… but it turns out I was right to be scared.

 

Although I was scared, I chuckled at Woo Bin like he had gone crazy, “Are you mad Woo Bin?” I said, as I shrugged off his grasp, which had gone loose as he reacted to my chuckles.

 

“Come on pal, since it’s such a good day, let me bring you to a new bar I found! It has really good drinks and girls. It’ll be like the good old day, okay!” I chuckled as I sling an arm over his shoulder and half stumbled, half walked as I guided him along.

 

[Woo Bin]

 

I looked at Yi Jung, stunned as he suggested bringing me to a new bar.

 

Judging from his reactions, and the way he walked and his strong alcohol breath, he was probably still drunk from last night.

 

I couldn’t believe it. For the first time in my whole life, had I seen my best friend so drunk, and at day time at that. And he still wanted to go drinking?

 

And he did not care about the glare I gave him, or the scolding I was giving…. Does he not realize I was scolding him?

 

Is there even a way to save him anymore?

 

Will time really cure anything?

 

I wonder.

 

End of Chapter 8 

--

A/N: I changed the lyrics for Chapter 4, and put it here instead, as I found more suitable ones for Chapter 4, and the song lyrics suit this chapter more (: 

Thanks for all the support~